BC Updates 2012!

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Some updates for the new season.

First the bad news, we will be increasing our entry fee to $25 per rider. The fuel costs are getting out of control. Its nearly double the price per gallon since we set $20 fee in 2007. Plus we use about twice as much to keep the tracks nice for everone. Its just something we have to do to continue in the right direction.

Secondly, we will not be keeping 4 riding tracks any longer. I plan to expand, and table top everything on the pitbike track, and make it the designated kids track. The other peewee track will become an RC track.

Now for events, We will be having some similar events from the past, and some new events. We will be a Honda of Marysville Demo day again this season, as well as the KTM Factory rig demo day. We are having three Monster Energy Days, which are normal open practice/riding days with a blast of free monster beverages. Something new on those days will be the addition of the Monster Energy Pitbike Triple Crown. Those races will take place after regular open practice is over. Like 5-5:30. We will be having three, hence the triple crown. Awards and prizes will be everywhere. Another big change is that we will be hosting the inaugural Battle for Ohio, The MX State Championship for Ohio. If you wanna see how fast you are, or where you rank in the state, better get here for that. One other special event that we are hosting is the BC STAMPEDE. We will find out who is tough enough to survive the Stampede. More info to come on that event, just be aware that there will be no riding on Sept 15th, unless your in the back of a UTV headed to a medic station.

The schedule is up on our website, as well as a new poll.

If you maintain or escalate your level of interest and effort put toward Moto at the Cliff then I’m excited.
Good on ya!....Let’s hope for some great weather!

BC Stampede?? As in Mudder or Warrior Dash ???

YES. And the BC Stampede site should be up in the next few days.

@Sharc, in terms of the changes, I am just trying to strike a balance of life and moto. In other words if I dont do different things I will never beat the chronic burnout.

And to answer the number one question that I keep getting. I will be changing all tracks at the appropriate time. We will not be changing them right out of the chute, we will give everyone a chance to shake off the winter rust.

And to answer the number one question that I keep getting. I will be changing all tracks at the appropriate time. We will not be changing them right out of the chute, we will give everyone a chance to shake off the winter rust.

Where's your sense of adventure??? Why not build a big, long, peaky triple somewhere right off the bat in order to get some of your customers out for the season right off the bat??? Sometimes I don't understand why you would want to keep your customers coming back when they are the ones with all the complaints! Screw them! LOL

Where's your sense of adventure??? Why not build a big, long, peaky triple somewhere right off the bat in order to get some of your customers out for the season right off the bat??? Sometimes I don't understand why you would want to keep your customers coming back when they are the ones with all the complaints! Screw them! LOL

Ahem. Nothing to see here, move along........Dont pay attention to this man, people with mental disabilitys are real people too.......ahem.

Do what you want, but there were alot of kids using that beginner track last year. Alot. Alot of parents that just had their kids on that track. The pit track is very "jumpy" and not enough flat straights for the beginners. It's your land and you'll obviously do want you want. I would if it was me. you owe nobody anything. I'm just saying from a business standpoint, in this economy, you don't want to alienate customers. Mabey you do, I don't know, but if you don't, try not to forget them in your plans. Just sayin'

Don, no disrespect, but what I saw last year was the following: I saw a group of 10 kids everytime I looked over there. Then 20 minutes later I saw a large majority of the ten on the pitbike track, then 20 minutes later I saw them back over there. It seemed like they just went back and forth. Im not trying to alienate anyone, but I think they will get along just fine over there, I will table top everything. Plus the true true beginners ride in the fields anyway.

I worry that our neigborhood full of miniquads will be lacking track time. They will be too fast for the beginners on the "old" pitbike track. The kids prefer the C track but there is generally too much traffic during the day to get out. The track gets a little too rutty for them later in the day when it does thin out. Maybe you can try that sessions thing this year? I'm sure it will all workout as it usually does. We're in! Can't wait. I gotta get Barry workin' on my YZ! Matt.

I know I rehash the whole sessions thing every year, then it dies off. I really think the C track could use them. We see more much variation in rider/machine size and ability on that track than any other. Plus the UTV guys are really started to make their demands known. Maybe we will try a basic schedule on the C track, and if we get enough guys to keep it afloat, we will make it a standard deal.
We will see. C track defiintely needs more track length too.

Back