Very real threat to tracks and riding areas.

BanTonic

PR Addict
Especially in southeastern Ohio and Pa.
Surprised nobody has brought this topic up yet.Rumor?? or not, has it that this place http://rumbleontheridge.homestead.com/ cancelled because of the Energy co.`s buying up the mineral rights like crazy.Offered them upward of anywhere from $1500-3000 per acre!! DO THE MATH!! YeOOwwYY!!
Just recently heard of someone getting about $6000 per acre or two!!!!!

http://www.cleveland.com/business/index.ssf/2011/10/gas_companies_swarm_in_frackin.html

Area 330?????? just sayin`

Your thoughts,what do you think??? :confused:

I live not far from alot of the oil stuff thats going on. The Carrollton area (and its spreading outward fast) is turning into a boom town. It's been going on for quite a while. You can't get within 20 minutes of Carrollton without seeing a bunch of gas company trucks,semis, etc.

I'm sure its great for the economy, I know a couple people that have landed new jobs b/c of it. But I see a ton of Texas trucks, so it makes me wonder how many locals have actually gotten new jobs b/c of it.

There are alot of people tied up in leases tho from years ago that got under $100 per acre.
I agree with jon, its great for local farmers that havent had a pot to piss in there whole lievs and can now afford to do things and buy things, its also employing alot of people from the area ad will employ alot more this year

330 FULL OF GAS WELLS!!!! I would hate to see tracks close up for this,but its quick easy money for most land owners.

I suppose the question to be asked, do you as a property owner take the $$$ and bail on the offroaders or can the offroaders co-habitate on the same property without causing too much grief for the land owner/Energy Co. Or is this a matter of terms of contract?? Hmmmmmm.........

There are alot of people tied up in leases tho from years ago that got under $100 per acre.

Now that blows big time!! Bend over!!!

Our family has about 3-400 acres near Tionesta,Pa. by the ANF.Haven`t heard if there is any activity up there lately besides timbering.
Bunch of regular gas wells,don`t know of any fracking yet.

Its closer to $3500 an acre plus 16% royaltys for our area, for the intial 5 year lease to drill. The documents that I have seen grants the lessor (owner) the right to approve the well site prior to drilling. Its a pretty big deal right now, but so far just allot of talk. Some stuff going on around us, but most of the money is east of 77.

And yes, there are allot of existing leases out there, but If the well isnt currently producing the lease can be broken, and more than likely if the new wells prove worth it, devon or chesapeake will just buy the lease holders out, and the landowner will still get a share.

Should be really interesting to see how this all pans out! Pun intended!! :D There`s gold (gas) in them thar hills!!! :D

I know my father inlaw is getting money for his land, and there is no gas well even close to him...they have to pay him just incase they drill in the area....

Right now its a big race to see who can tie up the most land, if, and I use a big IF, the test wells they are drilling now prove to be worthy. Then the value of the mineral rights just went up.

So if the Cliff hits on the wells will there be full RV hook ups, Monster Girls & money for every lap we put in? Wow, can't wait to show up.

Ah...yeah forgot free bike rentals!

Ok, had to ask as got to thinking what is the stupidest questions someone could ask a track owner but doubt those would be the icing anyway!

They are predicting the drilling to slow somewhat due to the low price of natural gas .My friend works for a gas company and they are not going to go as hard as predicted waiting till price rises. The Medina area is also an area they are hitting for both gas and oil. Have friend in Carrolton who held out and got $4500 an acre and 2% of what well makes.Hopefully we wont loose any riding areas I have lost some good people to the oil fields at work.Man is it hard to find a good equipment mechanic.

So if the Cliff hits on the wells will there be full RV hook ups, Monster Girls & money for every lap we put in? Wow, can't wait to show up.

Ah...yeah forgot free bike rentals!

Ok, had to ask as got to thinking what is the stupidest questions someone could ask a track owner but doubt those would be the icing anyway!

LOL, yeah something like that. I think if we got a lease, we would more than likely just be needed for the lateral clearance to the neighbors 328 acres. So, I dont feel that the track is too at risk. Worst case scenario, we would create a new parking lot, and having something cool to gawk at in between our moto's.

Its closer to $3500 an acre plus 16% royalties.

That's what was in the letter/offer I got this week.

Its closer to $3500 an acre plus 16% royalties.

That's what was in the letter/offer I got this week.

I have done quite a bit of research on this and know a few landowners that are paying close attention to this as well.
The prices some are getting are between 5k and 6k an acre right now with a 15% royalty. If you've been offered less beware...
There are large companies trying to land grab hard right now. Steer clear of them. If yo have property take this process slow and don't get "pressured" into a now or never deal for a couple grand. I know people that have gotten $5800 per acre.
This is all big and new but like BC stated the usage of natural gas has production stalled a little.
We could see some big things in our area in the next 10 years. Lord knows we could use it.
Buckeye Mineral has a lot of info for landowners as does NELA but I think BM is the leader in this area at this point. Most everyone else buying now are low balling and are sitting on the land waiting to resell the contract (for much more than $1500-$3500) .
Under most circumstances this shouldn't hurt most private riding areas. Public land that gets leased??? We'll have to see.

Great thread but still believe the biggest threat to tracks getting shut down is unhappy neighbors due to noise...

Gotta ask a stupid question. Is this money per acre for them buying the property? Or are they just buying mineral rights and you still own the property?

in my father in laws case...its still his land they are buying the rights to the gas under ground...don't know about the others...

Back