Ricky Renner to enter daytona on a yz125!

im not going to say this is a good idea but if the kid does do it kudos to him, that thing is going to have to be singing.

they need to raise the 2 stroke displacement rule to make it fair, lord only knows whats inside those factory 4 strokes. if you get beat by someone in half the bike maybe you should be riding the smaller bike lol.

The ama blows. we need a new promoter

I think he's just going to make alot of noise, everyone switched to 4strokes because they are better. I would still like to see hiim do well just to shake things up. It never hurts to have more variety out there.

I think he's just going to make alot of noise, everyone switched to 4strokes because they are better. I would still like to see hiim do well just to shake things up. It never hurts to have more variety out there.

For lazy out of shape people.

Exactly, it takes less effort to go fast on 4strokes. So if you are in shape you should be able to go even faster.

Has he been racing? I don't seem to remember seeing him out there in the races.

I don't think he can really be competitive on it. One of the reasons I say that is because I don't think he was making any waves on the 4 stroke either. I think that a lot of these privateer guys that have nothing to lose realize there is a lot of fan sentiment behind someone racing a 2 stroke, so they do it now and then to try and cash in on all the donations.

One thing that people never seem to talk about is that the lines that develop on the track differ from 2 stroke to 4 stroke. Remember when everyone was still on 2 strokes and there were only a few 4 strokes? Those guys would comment that it was easier for them to pass sometimes because they were taking different lines than everyone one. It's going to be tough for one guy on a 125 to cut new lines.

125 in deep rough sand. Man he picked the wrong event to qualify on a 2 stroke.

Ricky Renner is my age, maybe a hard younger. Was always fast at amateur nationals but was never like a podium winner kind of rider. Always top 10. Still fast. But he won't qualify. Maybe he gets some tv time.

Ricky should be 21-22, he was part of the very fast schoolboy class of 2005. Although he was injured that year and did not compete at Loretta's, I believe he beat Stroupe at the regional that year and would have been a contender. Since then he has be the struggling privateer pro, earning a national number from 2008 -2010. Since he lives and practices in Florida, I am sure he knows he has his work cut out for him. At least for those that "pitch a tent" everytime someone mentions a two stroke at a national, he has the best shot since Willard in 2008 to qualify.

bruce

Back