Ricky Renner to enter daytona on a yz125!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YsldSxANV_w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bruce

ill catch some heat for this im sure, but every rags on 4strokes for being ticking time bombs.... renners bike blew up. just sayin.

Beat me to it! Renners bike grenaded in that mud. raa-raaaaa-raaaaaaaaaaa-raaaaaaaaaaa-raaaaaaaaaaaaa-raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. If it wasn't the motor the clutch woulda been smoked by the end of the night.

Unfortunate. He made it farther than I thought he was going to. But the one advantage he did have was the mud it slowed down everyone else and made them manageable. The 125 wasn't able to manage the conditions. booooo.

Unfortuately, the bike did blow. But, the kid was on it before that.
Enjoy a few minutes of him wringing every bit of power out of the YZ during practice.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5VADdjOJq0k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
bruce

you know first hand what happens when a 4 stroke blows up lol.... a 2 stroke is nothing compared to that.
lol. my 450 that blew up had to have like 150 hours on it. and was raced in 10 pro nationals. but boy, they sure do cost more when they blow. cant believe they didnt get that 125 back together for the lcq. probably figured it was a lost cause. i saw that people were still giving him the main event money they said they would if he made it. pretty good pay day for him. i think he should give it a go at indy on it again.

He was holding down a transfer position until it let go, maybe a rod through the cases??????? Smith looked pretty good in the premier class until he went down aboard the 250 smoker

Ya he would be wayyyyyyy better off trying at indy, he was catching the 4 strokes in wet sand so i would imagine he would do alot better on dry hard packed dirt.

Ryan Smith YZ 250

431081_339753522726753_150341595001281_843779_475375121_n.jpg

ill catch some heat for this im sure, but every rags on 4strokes for being ticking time bombs.... renners bike blew up. just sayin.

ALL bikes are ticking time bombs, 4 strokes just cost more when the clock wears down. It is so cheap and mechanically easy to rebuild a 2 stroke, it is an afterthought, which is why 2T fan may refer to a four stroke as a ticking time bomb. On a four stroke it is not an afterthought, for anyone that does not have the extra money just sitting around or is not capable of a home rebuild this is especially true. I rode and raced hard on my 06 CRF 450 for 2 years and 4 months, had hundreds of hours, I never had to as much as adjust the valves, I just used the bottom end power, shifted early, changed the crap out of the oil and be anal about the filter and it will lasted just fine, but when they let go....... well you know.

He was holding down a transfer position until it let go, maybe a rod through the cases??????? Smith looked pretty good in the premier class until he went down aboard the 250 smoker

Didn't see it, but having owned 2 different yz 125s and having the crank stuffers melt down while never letting off the gas (aside from where needed in corners and in air) they melted into the lower rod bearing and locked it up tight. This would be my best guess as to what happened. When I had my first one I did some searching and found aluminum replacements though, just can't recall where. Hope he tries again at indy! If I hadn't just moved to a new place and money wasn't a bit tight you bet your bottom dollar i'd be making that drive!

I was rooting for him but thought there we be no way he would make the main. He made the night show no problem and he had a qualifying position. It really was awsome and sucks that his bike blew. There was no way in hell he would have had a podium but maybe could have got around 10th or so.

Back