If you could only do one event

streaks383

PR Addict
If you could only do one local event this year (Ohio Tracks) what would you do. What is the most fun event out there. Is there a unique GP, a special event, a big MX on a sweet track that will draw big numbers? What is the absolute most fun you can have in Ohio on a dirtbike. Riders what do you like best, promoters feel free to tell us what event you are doing this year that will be the most fun event of any track all year. I am going to have a limited amount of time this year so I want to make my choices awesome.

Dirt world rental all day on a bright sunny sat....With 25-30 of your friends is really awesome....and prob anything at The cliff is awesome..Monster energy dayzzzz are pretty good or the test bike days are good!

Im looking forward to trying the weekend Triathalon at Big Game Raceway this year. I've never been to one, but you have to find something you like in all that!

Battle for Ohio!!!!!! August 26th.

Monster Energy Pitbike Triple Crown! May 26th, July 14th, Aug 25th

KTM Demos Day Oct. 14th

Marysville Honda Demos June 10th

Dreamers Motorsports May 6th - TBD, but talk of a UTV demo and possibly a race on C track. Not definite.

VMD before the AMA/AHRMA split and the economy taking a dump was the greatest event I've ever been to , anywhere , anytime . That includes Pro SX and Nationals , bike week at Daytona , World Championship MX Gran Prix , National enduros , the old Trans-AMA series races , etc. .

Yea, AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days has to be the highlight. Tough for an event to compete with VMD. (it may be the only race event I get to this year).

3 Days of dirt bike heaven. Even if AMA has messed it up.
The people, (from all over the U.S.) the racers, and the swap meet make it what it is.

It has to be good when your wife looks forward to it! (even though sometimes it is on our anniversary weekend).

Ohio doesn't seem to have any "Must Attend" races for modern MX right now with the only thing on the horizon that might take that place is the Briarcliff Event in August. But since it's the 1st go round this year with no history yet - you can't say it's a "Must Do" as of right now. If you have to pick and choose your events that you are going to ride due to time constraints / budget........... seriously look at what is fun for you and make your decision that way.

For me, if I could only ride one event all year for MX, I would go to the Red Bud Vet Fest as my only race that I would attend in a calendar year. It's just fun on the best track I've ever ridden on.

O contrare mon frere. Our event is must do. History or not for the event, you will wish you had made it a "must do" looking back in a few years. Now maybe if we just started running BC a couple years ago, I would see your point. We ran a 5 race series in 2007, we have some experience. We will have more giveaways than you have ever seen at any "local" race, bar none. You will think that you are crashing someones end of the year banquet party. Surely we cannot compete with Red Bud, Im not going to argue that, but our event is must do, or I wouldnt do it.

X4 on VMD

It's like a motorcycle Disneyland!

Even though it was a bajillion degrees out and my 84 RM250's bottom end went belly up at last years event, I still had a great time. Gonna finally get out in the garage this week to get the cases split and get that thing going again.

I have to thank Mosher for introducing me to VMD years ago.

Back