If you could only do one event

I thought the same thing until I attended last year. By far one of the funnest events I have ever attended. Time for you to get a vintage bike to go with your vintage body.

Thank you NQ1965 for finally answering what Vmd stands for, unlike douche bag DMX153 who always feels the need to try and catagorize my youthful body in the same relic state as his.

O contrare mon frere. Our event is must do. History or not for the event, you will wish you had made it a "must do" looking back in a few years. Now maybe if we just started running BC a couple years ago, I would see your point. We ran a 5 race series in 2007, we have some experience. We will have more giveaways than you have ever seen at any "local" race, bar none. You will think that you are crashing someones end of the year banquet party. Surely we cannot compete with Red Bud, Im not going to argue that, but our event is must do, or I wouldnt do it.

I'm banking on it being a success and very much hope that it becomes the "Must Do" event for Ohio, that is not my point. My point is that part of a "Must Do" event in my book is having a large # of riders packing the gates in the classes to make it a big deal............... that can't be forecasted in a yet to run event. Even if you did run a 5 race series in 2007, it makes no difference to what your attendance will be for a 1 race effort in 2012. And more giveaways than any "local" race bar none is a pretty steep mountain to climb as I have been to the hey day of High Point's Vet National when Dave Coombs Senior was running it and every racer that got a trophy got to go into the Metal Hangar building and pick out anything they wanted from the Swag he collected all year for any trophy finishing position.......... this included Pipes, Skid plates, Pants, chest protectors, silencers, gear bags, jerseys, etc.......... your pick when you went to get your trophy! It was paradise for a few years to race there back then in the Mid 90's........... I've never seen so much stuff given away at a race before or since and welcome your claim to out do it!!!!

I still loved your transponder scoring race idea and racing guys that are your same speed based on timing. That sounds like great fun to me.

I'll stick to my logic that there isn't a Must Do Event right now in Ohio for MX Racing until after your 1st Annual State Championship race is a success, at which time it will become the premier Must Do event in Ohio. I'll be there to do my part to help make it a success.

Great topic! I agree with Rocket that Ohio racing is hurting. There was no must attend Ohio event of 2011. OHMX gates were disappointing. Qualifier got rained out. Jeremy at BC does have the most promising event planned for 2012 so far. He has one of the best prepped tracks & the best promotion. Any event he runs will be off the hook. I too love the transponder idea. All the road tracks run beacons. Riders bring their own receiver. If the Hands would happen to run an event at Scenic that would be legendary (hint hint). Beans July 4th is my favorite non official event.

The must attend non-Ohio events for 2012 is the Regional at RB, the Vet Fest at RB, and my new favorite has to be the GP at MM. Scotty810 had better lap times but he's not old:

IMG-20120316-00044.jpg

Transponder deal is still floating around out there. It could happen, if things go better than expected this spring.

If it doesnt happen I get to be first in line for the open handed face slap ..... you are the receiver ! lol

Aug 26 at BC IS GONNA BE SWEEET. Just don't want it to come faster because August means its the end of riding season...

Tv lands GP is just plain fun as hell. Can't miss that one.

Forgot ... Western Reserve GP,they have the greatest chili too !

Any GP event is cool ! Im hitting up TV land this year for sure !

Just being able to ride WRMC is cool....what are the open once a year....so stupid.."cra. rules sorry" one the best tracks around.......

Back