Damon J Smith #490

Wouldn't that eliminate alot of riders?

yea. there would only be like 20 in the night show. but really, whats the point of the rest. 10 rider main event would be fine with me. maybe there would be less injured riders. less people to land on others etc. better racing. stewart wouldnt have to work through 19 riders to get up front.

That's part of racing though. Stewart used to pass the whole field. Never used to have a problem. He passes 7 people a lap sometimes.

I really think the kites should go 20 laps and the 450s should go 25 laps. I mean they race 35+2 in 110 degree heat. Come on.

Just keep at a timed race. 15 mins for Lites and 20 mins for SX! Should be able to do it with the TV schedule and maybe there would be no need for a lot of filler time on the live boardcasts.

We noticed a few riders at that Dallas SX as well. They should not have been out there.

Wiemer also made the comment last night of why someone would work to qualify for the mains and they just ride around.

Wiemer also made the comment last night of why someone would work to qualify for the mains and they just ride around.

Sad part is....He was actually trying...and evidently he put in 4 faster laps than WEINER in the lcq....and then again....if I could swipe a card and not worry a about cash I'd be gooning it up with Miley cyrus graphics parading around while Sam Boyd stadium sells 400,000 $8 dollar beers and 50,000 event t-shirts just to know at the end of the day I'm not getting paid, but paying entry fees to race a pro race.........only to flip on speed to see the last place golfer in the pga tour make what a top. Factory pro makes in an entire season. Oooorrrr to see the last place guy on NASCAR makes what Barcia pulls in for win.

How bout pay these guys with pro licenses !? After all they are making someone rich.

Yeah truth is there are tons of racers like him with no chance of making the main but still trying I'm sure some have even been members of pitracer at one time or another

never knew

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tlosZTNwUC0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I question how, why and why the AMA lets him on the track??

they granted him a 2011 ama pro license because he met the requirements (spent a **** load of money traveling to pro am races collecting points and earned 100)
im pretty sure i heard that they had a talk with him, and thats why he isnt out there in 2012. i kind of feel bad for this guy because he is getting picked on by alot of people (vitalmx). but next supercross you attend, check out the 1st lites C qualifying group. its scary. its not just damon smith. theres a few guys that should be anywhere near a pro supercross track. i mean, i dont have room to talk, look at me... im sidelined. but its just dangerous. and they are either gonna hurt themselves or someone else.

I agree Barrington. I have watched the day qualifiers for the night show in the past. Some guys are fast A riders outdoors on the local tracks, hit the SX that is close and find out if your not riding that type track A LOT ..........it is a whole new ball game.

http://www.dontstoptheswagger.com/

Watch the Mr 490 AKA Damon video on this page. Give the guy some props. He followed a dream and made it on a SX track I guess. Seems like a nice enough guy. Doesnt belong racing pro SX, but he has a memory that will never go away.

Back