Tracks along I-77

Lotts24

PR Elite
We are heading home from mooresville nc tomorrow. We did some riding in south Carolina and possibly looking for a place to ride on our way home. I know it's a long shot as not many tracks are open through the week and we need something off of 77. If there was something available someone on here would know.

I think I'd like to know...

Rode at durhamtown. Great place with lots of potential. No track prep. JO would have a field day down there. Bomber track was ok....rode 2.8 hours on the meter today. But I'm not riding another day with no prep.
Headed to TNT and possibly Monday and ncmp tues. Maybe tomahawk Wednesday. But tracks off 77 would be awesome to know....then we wouldn't go that far east to wv.

I have been to a place called Center Road MX in North Carolina that was pretty fun and not too far off I-77...

Georgie we rode at TNT on sat. Nice facility and a couple fun tracks however they don't prep. We rode at palmetto today and it was awesome. It's a sand track located in outside gaston sc. They also have a clay track that looked fun but was closed. We had the intentions of going to center road and thunder valley but they were closed all weekend do to the rain.

Well was it atleast enjoyable. ?? Or was it ridiculous. Because durhamtown was ridiculous. I was afraid I was going to breakl my arm falling at 5 mph. It reminded of a "raceway 7" (google it if you've never been and think critically on how the track surface would be). Trails were cool, but I'm not a trail rider. Or a "yah-hoo" who races through the pits. Is that a Pitracer. ??? But not the real pitracer. . .

PS:
Oh by the way, I gotta stop drinkin or ain't qualifying for sh1t this year. I feel like Wills. . . Except Texas is gay!!!!!

If you didnt like durham town DONT go to TNT ! Far worse !

When we hit Durham town 2 years ago it was just like you said. The saving grace was the 6 different tracks to ride and blazing the road linking them together. The so called SX track was sandy and didnt seem as bad missing the prep.

We hit TNT this winter, I hated it ! Hard pack with disc ruts and loose marbles on top. The trails were killer though but I see you dont like that.

Center Road MX and East Bend MX were good tracks off I77 in NC a few years ago. I haven't ridden either one since 2007 or 2008. Also Check out Sand Hills MX, it is just into South Carolina, real close to the NC line. That place was always good.

MAN! i cant believe how bad you guys hated tnt. we must have got lucky the day we went. we were just down there about a month ago, and soon as we pulled in, they were watering and discing! track was primo all day!!

We also hit palmetto, awsome place...but it kicks the SH*T out of ya! the locals and owners said the track was the worst it had EVER been that day.... But we had a blast!!

Ive been to Durhamtown twice and even though the tracks werent prepped they were still pretty nice and fun to me. Ive been to Palmetto once and that was before they changed the track and it was still pretty sweet, hopefully we can go and try out the new track soon.

Ive been to Durhamtown twice and even though the tracks werent prepped they were still pretty nice and fun to me. Ive been to Palmetto once and that was before they changed the track and it was still pretty sweet, hopefully we can go and try out the new track soon.
We called Palmetto, not open but the promoter said come out and sent us pics of track conditions. Did I mention he said $15 per rider? BOOM.

In route now. gonna hit up ncmp tomorrow. (no drinkin tonight, unless we find ourselves some cute blondes to look at).

If only I had about 20 million in the bank I'd do this everyday of my life. Travel, Site see, ride....sigh.

When I called Sunday morning about weather I asked how much they said 15 then I said how much for a membership. He said you don't need a membership. Sweet. It was 2 hours from where we were stayin and well worth the drive. Have fun :).

TNT wasn't as bad as when Hershey went. It must of been not to long ago they prepped. Lol. The supercross track was pretty fun. Hey didn't you guys read the rule booklet thing you get from TNT. They state they keep the track that way so we can train in rough conditions. It also stated that on race day the only moto without Ruts is the first one. Very true however the only Ruts we saw on the track were small rain ruts.

TNT had a sweet layout when I was there, but it had not been prepped in probably a week (with lots of riders on it throughout that time) and was dry, hard pack, dusty powder in the corners, etc. It really sucked. It definitely had potential. I'm sure it was nice when prepped.

Rode at NCMP today. No track prep. However was a cool place. The sx track was neat. And that place is probably beautiful prepped. Still had fun.

Headed to to tomahawk tomorrow. Then home. Work two days then change tires and sprockets and off to crow canyon.

Most of the tracks I checked into you have to buy a membership that was usually around 10 bucks then 10 to 25 to ride each time. TNT for a one day membership and to ride was 30.

Palmetto is awesome. The owner gave us his number and said to come down ride anytime park the motörhome ....use hook ups. $15 bucks everyday you ride. I think he Musta been high. Don't know how he makes money. Lol.

30 durhamtown weekend prep if your lucky. 20 weekday no prep.
25 NCMP no prep
20 tomahawk prepped.
Most impressed with tomahawk. Owner is awesome and loves the sport. Talk to that guy for 10 minutes and it's like wow go Cart racing is expensive. I thought quads weren't cheap.

JO you'd be in paradise with durhamtown. You could prep one track each day of the week and have a pristine resort. You could do miracles with all their equipment and dirt. 600,000 acres whaaaat. Heaven. Campground on site.Quarter Bike wash bays. On site rentals, shop. Boot, helmet, chest protector rentals. And hoooooeeyy are there some regular squids at this moto ski resort.
Pamettos where it's at. Got a nice 8 mile harescramble on sand and then he's got part of his land all red clay. Lucky bastard!!!!

Back