Malvern day....

Yeah...C riders tripling the back section and throwing whips like pros....hmmmm

Yeah,me and my wife were saying the same thing. In my opinion the begginner pee wee class was the same way. (class my son raced for his first race) I think out of the 14 entries only 4 were beginners. But he had a blast,thats all that matters and he cant wait to do it again

This is how it is. It's for Lorettas. If you don't like it then race Bomber bike or go race AMA D Class. CRA and AMA are two different worlds and it seems like everytime you get on Pitracer or Facebook after the first couple races at Malvern people are complaining about those two or three kids that smoke everyone in the class. What you don't understand is that those top three in CRA are about mid pack in AMA in the same class. You're not the only one complaining it's just how it always is. People constantly complain about the people who win C class or Woodsman Quad but what they don't understand is there are those weekend warriors that don't understand why they can't catch the pack in C class/Woodsman and then there are those that put the time and effort into it to make it to Loretta's or race quad nationals for a sport not a weekend hobby. If you win every race in C class, yeah you should move up and most definitely after Lorettas but last time I checked there's always about 10 good C riders that battle it out all the time. The kids winning the Woodsman quad class aren't really even that good so in my opinion that class is always up for grabs. Have your kid practice and just have fun and come back in June when everyone moves up. We went to an AMA qualifier in Kentucky two weeks ago and raced Open B and got almost dead last, but come to Malvern in the same class and am front/mid pack. The top 3 riders in beginner peewee have worked hard the last year and are trying for Lorettas in the next couple of months so by mid June/July they will be moving up regardless. If that was you winning in C class I guarantee you wouldn't move up to B until you had to or until you qualified or race nationals because trust me it's not fun going from top 3 in C to just trying to stay with the pack in B class. Beginner peewee in July will be a whole new field once the kids who put the time and effort into it qualify and/or move up. Believe me, I know personally two of the little guys in there that couldn't even ride a bike this time last year.

I think he number was 192 or 92....he ran every practice and jumped it every lap in 450c.....I was like come on man...move up to the big boy class...and mad props to Rodgers...he hit it and that class plus 30 was flying...the dude on the 250 2stroke number 978 was hauling against those to 450...and yes it was a awesome track for sure.

Both of #92's were pro riders that were in COLLEGE BOY which ran with C class.

Ever since I got on 60's my Dad always told me not to worry about what gear I'm in. The bike will tell you when to shift. So I never really know what gear I'm in. If I had to guess, id say probably corner in second, grab third before the camelback thing before it, click fourth going up to it. Its as fast as you can go. For me anyways.

I think he number was 192 or 92....he ran every practice and jumped it every lap in 450c.....I was like come on man...move up to the big boy class...and mad props to Rodgers...he hit it and that class plus 30 was flying...the dude on the 250 2stroke number 978 was hauling against those to 450...and yes it was a awesome track for sure.

his name is Chris Opinger

Chris is riding really good. We used to have some good A class battles in the late 90's. I'm in the middle of fourth on the 450.

I might just be acting like a proud daddy here but I think my oldest son Zack is going to have a good year in supermini. Especially once he gets his starts down pat.

Jason what number was your son 4? That kid was flying on a Suzuki.....if 450c and college boy were together my bad. But I am pretty sure there were a few c riders doing it. No big deal to me...ride c all you want! And by the way, to anyone who knows...Bobby Noah ran that race,not josh. And he did a fine ass job! Now if we can just get those flaggers lunch at the break everything would be good! Now if I could just get Malvern...Oir...dirt world...briar cliff...beans in their own series....dreams...BIG DREAMS!!

He is #65 on the crf150r. First moto he started 4th, took the lead half way through the first lap. Lost the lead with a half a lap to go. Finished second. Second moto got terrible start 22nd but moved up to 4th in the 3 lap moto. 3rd overall.

Thank you everyone for the praises. It really makes us feel good and encouraged to keep pouring our hearts into this racetrack. The track was awesome, but we really can't take credit for that. It was one of those days where the conditions made the track so good. It was one of the days, that no matter who you are, you couldn't have made the track as good as nature did itself, we just had to break up the ground. As for who ran the track...it was a collective effort of many, no one man deserves the praise, it was all of us working together. Malvern or any place does not rest upon one man, it takes people to get the job done well. We do have some flagging issues to straighten out which is always an ongoing battle. The c-class stuff is always crazy, no sure what to make of it.

Thank you everyone for supporting us! We are doing this for you! BBBRRRAAAPPP!!!

And hey i saw Mikki and a few others taking pics, where can i find them?

Mikki was making photos for the new Ohio Action Photo... We are a new company offering professional quality photography for competitive prices. I used to race CRA/Dist. 11 back in the day (circa 1990 til around 1998), tried to ride freestyle for a few years after that (til like 01) and ended up busting myself up pretty bad. Spent the last ten years in school for Photography. I am now back in OH trying to use those skills to bring people some nice moto photos for their walls. Check out our site at ohioactionphoto.com for info about us and what not. You will also find a link there termed "Find Pictures". Click that and you will find the few events we have covered thus far.... Here is also a direct link to the Malvern gallery from last weekend. Still uploading, but I have about 2800 to post! You can also search by riding number in the top right corner of those gallery pages. Hope you all enjoy, and see you all at Crow's this weekend for the qualifier, I'll be there both days. If we don't see you there then somewhere soon, we are going to try to be at as many races and open practices as possible depending on the amount of initial support we are getting. Both Mikki and I are super approachable, so feel free to say hi and introduce yourself if you see us buzzing around the track.

The track was great. Best opener I've been to ever. Does anyone kno who the photographers that were taking pics r? I noticed a couple out there snapping shots in practice was wanting to see them.

Track looked great today. Josh jarret bee n crew did a good job with it for sure..

Im not much into lowered vehicles but that lowered suburban looked sick!

THANKS Meister!!! The suburban is our new moto crusier. Soon there will be a hitch on it so i can pull a trailer.

As for the track it was perfect. I was jealous that I couldnt ride but everyone did a great job! Bob and Wayne killed it and I think the Malvern Nats are underway!

Back