Crow Saturday?

I know! Can you believe how dead conversastion is about the LLQ at Crow! Anyway, Jeremy Taylor I believe won 450B and was running away with moto 1 in 250B when he broke a chain. He did win 2nd 250B moto. Chris Carr (not qualifying tho)won first 450A with Tyler Martin in second, Chris crashed in 2nd moto and Tyler won it. Not sure on the 250c and other classes. It turned out to be a great race day weather wise!

Maybe today's motors won't get cut back on laps like yesterday's. Bad enough they charged us 30 bucks a person to come in at 9 pm at night on Friday. Most other tracks would just charge the next days rate.

Bad enough they charged us 30 bucks a person to come in at 9 pm at night on Friday. Most other tracks would just charge the next days rate.

Apparently you don't hit many big races....that is standard practice at all the LL races I've been to for the last several years. The only one that didn't that I've been to was Lincoln Trail in Casey, IL last year.

Was down there today for the first set of motos.... very dissapointed I couldnt ride ! I was also amazed at how poorly the track was prepped. There was dust during the first moto. It was beautiful weather for sure !

Heard Carr got DQ'd after practice, not sure if it is true or not but I didnt see him at all.

Lots of fast super minis today as well !

Apparently you don't hit many big races....that is standard practice at all the LL races I've been to for the last several years. The only one that didn't that I've been to was Lincoln Trail in Casey, IL last year.

Wait till you see the early arrival charge they slap to you at Loretta's!!! Ha

Crow qualifier last year was if you showed up after 2 pm Friday they only charged you the $20 for Saturday and Sunday.

Wait till you see the early arrival charge they slap to you at Loretta's!!! Ha

Don't worry I paid that last year when I got there on Friday!

Then even better, the girl tried charging me an "extra vehicle" fee FOR MYSELF since I was staying in a hotel and leaving my trailer at the track. I kept trying to explain to her that my onsite/camping fee already included the truck I was driving but she couldn't seen to understand that and kept trying to tell me it was just for my trailer and I had to pay a second vehicle fee for my truck. Finally I basically said "look, I am correct, and I'm getting back in the truck now and driving to my parking spot, you go check with others and if I'm wrong you can come find me....."

I just want to say that the track promotors for this year and last year were not the same. If you are unhappy about pricing and track conditions please do not fault the crew at crow canyon as they did not promote this race.

I just want to say that the track promotors for this year and last year were not the same. If you are unhappy about pricing and track conditions please do not fault the crew at crow canyon as they did not promote this race.

That's what I was told also. Action sports was running the event this year. Not saying anything negative about crow crew.

Finally I basically said "look, I am correct, and I'm getting back in the truck now and driving to my parking spot, you go check with others and if I'm wrong you can come find me....."

Whoa. That works down there? I had no idea, I thought i was dealing with the good ole boys the last time I was in that (red)"neck of the woods".

if you left saturday they gave you a refund for sunday. we got there friday paid 30 each then left saturday night and they refunded us 10 each

Kinda funny that the biggest talk about the qualifier is about how much it cost to get in for the weekend.....

I remember covering this same qualifier for Cyclenews years ago and writing about racers like Austin Stroupe, Ron Boyas, Matt Barnes, etc. Guess people just aren't interested in that stuff anymore, they are just interested in what negatively affects them for the weekend.......

Found one of those old articles in the archives at Cyclenews......too bad nobody steps up to provide coverage of our local races anymore....I did my years of service....

http://www.cyclenews.com/regional_e.../stroupe-renner-converge-at-ohio-ll-qualifier

soooo, were there any big names that showed up? the last big name people i can remember are durham riding for rockstar suzuki and pj larsen on team green kawi. and ashley fiolek. since then, i dont recall hearing anyone that big being there.
every qualifier ive been to at crow, the track has been freakin awesome.

Back