Crow Saturday?

The track was okay. It was choppy and hard today, slick yesterday. There weren't many ruts. That being said, I have definately rode worse tracks, so im not trying to complain.. Just sayin. Due to conditions, racing was pretty one lined. The A class today was like a parade with 1st- 7th all within about 5 seconds for the whole Moto. I didn't see any big names this weekend, but the racing was good.

Kinda funny that the biggest talk about the qualifier is about how much it cost to get in for the weekend.....

I remember covering this same qualifier for Cyclenews years ago and writing about racers like Austin Stroupe, Ron Boyas, Matt Barnes, etc. Guess people just aren't interested in that stuff anymore, they are just interested in what negatively affects them for the weekend.......

Found one of those old articles in the archives at Cyclenews......too bad nobody steps up to provide coverage of our local races anymore....I did my years of service....

http://www.cyclenews.com/regional_e.../stroupe-renner-converge-at-ohio-ll-qualifier

I didn't see any big names there. As far as complaining about the cost to get it....its a little disappointing to go to a "big race" to only have your second set of motos cut shorter on laps, track prep that wasn't to good, took people getting hurt in the first 6 rounds of practice to figure out one of the landings for a double wasn't really safe. Qualifying paper said top 8 in Mid-East were guarenteed spots at regionals then hearing people say they only took top 7 in some classes and top 3 in others

Like Kelly said earlier...this event wasn't run by the Crow crew this year. Action Sports was running it this year and wouldn't allow you to go past the wooden fences to take photos or anything.

Ran 250B stock/mod. Couldnt buy a start against them 2 strokes but i made it through both classes q6th/7th. Track was the best of both worlds, a little muddy Saturday, dry and choppy Sunday. Sunday's practice was the best conditions ive ever ridden there.
And ditto on the A class running like a parade the entire moto Sunday.
-Another person worth mentioning is that (sp?)Jared Blakovic (#23)running schoolboy 1/2, swept all classes real fun to watch ride on that 125!

If you got anywhere up to 12th send your money in. You'll qualify. Alot of people race alot of areas for good race experience. I'd do it if I had the 2012 cost of racing cash flow.

If you got anywhere up to 12th send your money in. You'll qualify. Alot of people race alot of areas for good race experience. I'd do it if I had the 2012 cost of racing cash flow.

Very true, last year I qualified 12th in b at areas and still got through to the regional as an alternate.

Jared Blakovic (#23)running schoolboy 1/2, swept all classes real fun to watch ride on that 125![/QUOTE]

He made Alex Frye look slow at SOB. Sure was fun to watch.

Track was OK yesterday. In their defense...they were expecting rain at 1:00 that afternoon. Had they ripped it deep...it would have been a mess with that kind of prep. Well...it didn't rain until all the racing was done and we had hardpack with some dust. Ive seen worse.

Back