RC gets beat

RC drove up there from Tallahassee -- about five hours -- with his dad, his good friends Winn Peoples, JH and Justin and InsiderMX.com's Austin White, and they hung out at the races, watched college basketball on Saturday night, and then raced on Sunday in two classes. He was stoked to see fast kids like Jeremy Martin (very early Rookie of the Year candidate for 2013), Summers, Savatgy, Owen, Bell, Cianciarulo and more, and he rode like he was having fun -- but very rusty. Then he and his dad and friends drove home.

RC's not making any big comebacks -- he is an amateur now in the sense that he hasn't had a pro license since 2007 -- though if he races LL it will be Junior +25 and 450 Pro Sport, which is what both Jeff Emig did and Robbie Reynard did (and what Tim Ferry yet may do, though I will have to ask Steve Matthes!)

He posed for hundreds of photos and autographs, rode in his own gear and wasn't hiding from anyone. He just wanted to do a race and I was stoked on how he didn't even get mad at the kid who ran him up high over a berm on the start of the second Pro Sport moto. He gave the kid the thumbs-up afterwards! He just wanted to race his dirt bike again after a long time of not racing, and it was pretty cool to watch.

DC
MX Sports

Jeff Ward raced +50 out in CA at an Area LLQ. Also saw Jeff Mataisavich in the results for 35 & 40, I think he got beat by Kevin Foley.

RC got beat at Aonia by a kid who pulled his bike out the back of a van. He still qualified for the Millcreek regional

As someone had already mentioned earlier in this thread, in the open pro-sport class RC fell and broke his throttle housing.

Regardless, in spite of RC's famed competitive nature I think he wanted to get out and race and have a good time even though he was very rusty. In contrast, Martin is young and on it and you can't really categorize Martin as simply a no-body who popped in to the race with his bike thrown in the back of a van.

RC look quite large in his FOX gear at Daytona........Told my wife, I knew he had put on a few pounds, but wow......actually seeing him in gear, much larger than I expected.

I watched a vid yesterday of that race, RC looks pretty rusty! I dont think he would place top five at a national maybe tough to get top ten in his current condition !

RC is not out to till himself these days though. I seriously think from the interviews I have seen from him, that since he had his twins, he has a different prespective on life, and does not want to get hurt.

Still, GOAT to this in such a short time frame ? He should be able to smoke and amateur riding at 60% keeping it safe!

You hit on the head pit, going from training every day to leisure riding yea you do loose a lot. It is just sad because he had such a great career and now can't go and race to have a good time without getting criticized. Yes he was fast and at any normal local would still smoke everyone there. But there a lot of talented riders all over that go out to the bigger tracks/events.

The guy is retired!!! He is allowed to have some fun and eat like a man!! Taco Bell instead of salad!! No problem

Looks like he spent alot of time on the seat instead of on the pegs. I am sure that is due to physical fitness. I think no winning that race will make him push harder to get in shape. When he does, those kids who beat him will be eating roost.

I dont think RC really cares if he wins or not..........he has NOTHING to prove to anyone at this point, and is just having FUN!

Back