DSC_0112.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 423
  • DSC_0115.jpg
    DSC_0115.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 515
  • DSC_0113.jpg
    DSC_0113.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 431
Awesome to see a fast tony usko going from minis straight to B.

Bravo!! I wish more fast kids would follow suit!

Although it appered that Tony made contact in the air with Jeremy, he didn't, got pretty close though. HE went down because when he landed in the soft dirt, overshooting the jump, the frame bottomed out in the dirt throwing him foward off the bike. He held on and almost rode it out body dragging down the hill for a moment, then let go as the bike slide out. Tryed to remount and go but the clutch lever broke off in his hand when he picked up the bike. I'm just glad all he ended up with was a scratch on the arm and a broken lever.

Oh okay, I just saw him go down ahead of me and heard they tangled up in the air. Good he's alright though, had to be a hard hit.

Jeramy won

You're not understanding what I'm sayin. The rule book says along the lines of : anyone who has participated in racing events the year prior or any year prior isn't eligible for c class.

You're not understanding what I'm sayin. The rule book says along the lines of : anyone who has participated in racing events the year prior or any year prior isn't eligible for c class.

LOL......hahahahaha........I know of a couple racing more than 5 years qualifing for LL in C class this year.

Your not understanding what I'M saying. The rule books says "If you race LL you move straight to B" and not eligible for C. LOL just messing around kinda fun talking C class with you George as Im the father of the KING lol. All BS aside I understand where you are comming from.

LOL......hahahahaha........I know of a couple racing more than 5 years qualifing for LL in C class this year.

Dont be shy post up some names it very easy to see if they are eligible to run LLQ in the C class. Simple as a phone call to Kip

The C class rules, as I understand them, are that a person can only have raced for the 2 previous seasons at most, and never have gone to Loretta Lynn's in any class (Minis included) before. So for 2012, you can be a racer that raced in 2010 and 2011 that has not advanced past the C class in those 2 years of racing. The problem arises when the AMA isn't the sanctioning body for the riders home area of races and they don't know that the said rider raced prior to those 2 years.

The C class rules, as I understand them, are that a person can only have raced for the 2 previous seasons at most, and never have gone to Loretta Lynn's in any class (Minis included) before. So for 2012, you can be a racer that raced in 2010 and 2011 that has not advanced past the C class in those 2 years of racing. The problem arises when the AMA isn't the sanctioning body for the riders home area of races and they don't know that the said rider raced prior to those 2 years.

Thank you. I've announced leightons name more than 2 seasons on minis. Not C.

Here it is verbatim

The following criteria are to be used when determining a rider’s eligibility for the C class:
1. *No rider is to be classified as a C rider if that rider had a RPV of 15 or higher the previous year in the C class or a 12-16 youth division. (*Ahem* Supermini *cough*)
2. No rider is to be classified as a C rider if that rider has ever been classified as an A or Expert rider.
3. No rider is to be classified as a C rider if that rider has qualified for the AMA Amateur Motocross Nationals in any previous year in any class.
4. No rider is to be classified as a C rider if that rider is receiving or has ever received any type of OEM factory support in anyclass.
5. If a rider does not have enough points paying finishes to calculate their RPV points or does not meet any of the above criteria, they may not participate in the C class if they have raced the C, Beginner or any Youth class above 12- years old prior to June 1, 2007. (AMA Rulebook, pg. 25).

I know one that will probably be on the podium at LL that does not race AMA on a regular basis.

Georgie, those aren't exactly this year's rules, but here they are from this year's supplemental rule info on MXSports.com website for Loretta Lynn's info:

7. Riders may not participate in a "C" class if they have ever:
a. Participated at the National in any previous year in any class (with the exception of Girls and Youth Beginner (2011) classes, and Women's class riders finishing outside the top 5 in the previous year;
b. Received any type of OEM factory support in any class;
c. Earned a Rider Performance Value (RPV) of 15.0 or higher the previous advancement year (11.1.2010-10.31.2011) in any class, including youth divisions; or
d. Competed in any C or youth division at the age of 12 years or older prior to January 1, 2010 and had an RPV or calculated RPV of 11.0 or higher the previous advancement year (11.1.2010-10.31.2011) in 6 or more events.

And let's look at it from Mr Leighton's perspective and see how he could have been abiding by the rules last year.
1. If Scottie was 14 last year(as I heard), that means he was only twelve 2 years prior on January 1, 2009. This means any racing prior to 2009 in 2008 or before, was in Junior Mini classes or 65 cc classes and don't count against him for C class eligibility unless he went to Loretta Lynn's in any of those classes ever, which he didn't. So even if he was riding 12-16 Supermini class in 2009 and 2010 (which is unclassified for skill level) he is ok if he raced at least 6 AMA races that gave him an RPV Value of 10.99 or less, or didn't race enough AMA races to get an RPV Value. Since I'm pretty sure that they normally ran CRA, and only a few qualifiers with so so results in 2008 without qualifying for Loretta Lynn's in 7 - 11 classes that don't count against you unless you make Loretta Lynns, I'm guessing that Scottie fell into that area of being able to run C class as a 14 year old in 2011. He didn't ride enough AMA races to get a HIGH RPV to be bumped out, never qualified for Loretta Lynns in the youth classes, and only had 2009 and 2010 as years he had been racing in 12 and older classes to review. Looks like he was a legal C class rider last year according to the rules. Of course, in 2012, he's got to race B class since he's got 3 years of racing in 12 and older classes now and that is what he is doing, still playing in the AMA within the rules.

I'm sure he got protested, plead his case, and was allowed to stay in C last year based on the rules. I can't imagine someone out there last year not protesting him in the C class because his father has that Alessi type effect on people. And I only say this as a spectator of the Pitracer site as I have no personal interaction or knowledge of the family at all.

Back