Crow Canyon Sunday 250B

Georgie, those aren't exactly this year's rules, but here they are from this year's supplemental rule info on MXSports.com website for Loretta Lynn's info:

7. Riders may not participate in a "C" class if they have ever:
a. Participated at the National in any previous year in any class (with the exception of Girls and Youth Beginner (2011) classes, and Women's class riders finishing outside the top 5 in the previous year;
b. Received any type of OEM factory support in any class;
c. Earned a Rider Performance Value (RPV) of 15.0 or higher the previous advancement year (11.1.2010-10.31.2011) in any class, including youth divisions; or
d. Competed in any C or youth division at the age of 12 years or older prior to January 1, 2010 and had an RPV or calculated RPV of 11.0 or higher the previous advancement year (11.1.2010-10.31.2011) in 6 or more events.

And let's look at it from Mr Leighton's perspective and see how he could have been abiding by the rules last year.
1. If Scottie was 14 last year(as I heard), that means he was only twelve 2 years prior on January 1, 2009. This means any racing prior to 2009 in 2008 or before, was in Junior Mini classes or 65 cc classes and don't count against him for C class eligibility unless he went to Loretta Lynn's in any of those classes ever, which he didn't. So even if he was riding 12-16 Supermini class in 2009 and 2010 (which is unclassified for skill level) he is ok if he raced at least 6 AMA races that gave him an RPV Value of 10.99 or less, or didn't race enough AMA races to get an RPV Value. Since I'm pretty sure that they normally ran CRA, and only a few qualifiers with so so results in 2008 without qualifying for Loretta Lynn's in 7 - 11 classes that don't count against you unless you make Loretta Lynns, I'm guessing that Scottie fell into that area of being able to run C class as a 14 year old in 2011. He didn't ride enough AMA races to get a HIGH RPV to be bumped out, never qualified for Loretta Lynns in the youth classes, and only had 2009 and 2010 as years he had been racing in 12 and older classes to review. Looks like he was a legal C class rider last year according to the rules. Of course, in 2012, he's got to race B class since he's got 3 years of racing in 12 and older classes now and that is what he is doing, still playing in the AMA within the rules.

I'm sure he got protested, plead his case, and was allowed to stay in C last year based on the rules. I can't imagine someone out there last year not protesting him in the C class because his father has that Alessi type effect on people. And I only say this as a spectator of the Pitracer site as I have no personal interaction or knowledge of the family at all.

This is getting way to funny lmmfao. My kid is nothing in this sport he races because he loves to to race he will never go anyplace in this sport because we do not have the money to stick into bikes and races. What kinda person posts "Im sure he got protested" why in the world woulld he get protested?????????????? Scottie raced 6 C class races and got his ass whooped so again WTF are you guys talking about? Im the only father that had the balls to even try to explain why their kid raced C class here on this forum. Now can my son please just race and have fun in the B class this year without 2 guys that have a huge issue with C class riders? Again look at how many races he had in 2011 if we where sandbaggers dont you think he would still be racing Supper mini? Hell he still has 2 years left on the minis but moved up to big bikes 3 years early just to have grown men search his stats and say they are sure he got protested because he was racing a class he shouldnt of been in lol. Here is some stats for you -14 year kid racing as a 13year old weighing in at 95lbs trying to handle a 240lb 250f after taking 2011 season off, again 95lb 13/14 year old. If I knew i would of gotten so much zhit for him racing 6 C class races I would of just left him in C for another year to really make it worth it lol. Now stop out to Melvern this weekend and watch the 250B class and Schoolboy and Im even going to try to run him in 450B on his 250 and regardless of his results we are going to have alot of fun racing and hanging out with friends. Stop by and say hi and judge us for what we do in person and not for what is posted here on this forum.

This is getting way to funny lmmfao. My kid is nothing in this sport he races because he loves to to race he will never go anyplace in this sport because we do not have the money to stick into bikes and races. What kinda person posts "Im sure he got protested" why in the world woulld he get protested?????????????? Scottie raced 6 C class races and got his ass whooped so again WTF are you guys talking about? Im the only father that had the balls to even try to explain why their kid raced C class here on this forum. Now can my son please just race and have fun in the B class this year without 2 guys that have a huge issue with C class riders? Again look at how many races he had in 2011 if we where sandbaggers dont you think he would still be racing Supper mini? Hell he still has 2 years left on the minis but moved up to big bikes 3 years early just to have grown men search his stats and say they are sure he got protested because he was racing a class he shouldnt of been in lol. Here is some stats for you -14 year kid racing as a 13year old weighing in at 95lbs trying to handle a 240lb 250f after taking 2011 season off, again 95lb 13/14 year old. If I knew i would of gotten so much zhit for him racing 6 C class races I would of just left him in C for another year to really make it worth it lol. Now stop out to Melvern this weekend and watch the 250B class and Schoolboy and Im even going to try to run him in 450B on his 250 and regardless of his results we are going to have alot of fun racing and hanging out with friends. Stop by and say hi and judge us for what we do in person and not for what is posted here on this forum.

Mr #23 Racing:

I think you took offense to my post, but I was trying to shed a light on how you were within the rules to race C class last year based on your kids age, riding experience, etc. And based on so many people's obvious dislike for you (I have no opinion on you either way as I don't know you at all), I'm guessing that you were protested last year by someone (total supposition on my part not based in fact at all). Again, I don't care. But while everyone is piling on this C class thing again as they do every year...... I thought I could use your situation last year, which was popular on this site, as a way to shed a light on how C racers can be legal having ridden for more than 2 years based on the rules and the way they are written. You were within the rules and Scottie was a legal C rider based on the rules as I read them. If you take offense to that...... oh well.

I think it's obvious that the C class at Loretta Lynns is still very fast for everyone that really knows amateur MX, but those who have new aspirations each year are surprised by how fast legal C riders can be. Then they go on here and make a big fuss about how there are guys in the C class scrubbing and jumping large jumps..... and they aren't fast enough to get to the regional. Same as people were complaining about Scottie last year. Just used you as an example so Georgie Peorgie would understand that you were totally in the right last year even though he's giving you lots of grief.

I am a fan of MX in the amateur forum as well as the professional forum and share my opinions on here like everyone else. I have some experience in racing Loretta Lynns as I've been going there many times since 1995 and have paid attention to the rules as they change ever so slightly each year. Most of them don't affect me or my classes, but even I got stumped last year at the National and was forced to take off my bark busters at the event, which I've never done in all of the years riding down there...... New rules added to sheets and a ref called me on it. So it's nice to know the rules...... just in case.

No offense taken Robin I thought it was a very good post untill the being protested part. As for a lot of people not liking me I can live with that because I believe its better to state my opinion on or off this forum and not just be a reader and state my opinion only when others can read it. So many people message me and even tell me in person that that agree with my opinions but don't have the balls to post it infear of being looked down on by people in this forum. I would rather keep it real than be someone fake. We race for fun and nothing else.

Oh shucks looks like I lost this argument. Dag nab it!!!!

All seriousness here rocket. How many year experience did you have before winning Loretta's in your C division?

(may or may not br all seriousness) Now, I do bow down to all who stay within the rules...However AMA needs to rid themselves of this BS AND ALLOW true novices the opportunity to squid it up in hurricane mills.

ama needs to ditch the C class going to lorettas. its a beginners class. why should beginners be spending boat loads of money to chase a championship? just doesnt make sense in my mind. but thats just my opinion on it.

Oh shucks looks like I lost this argument. Dag nab it!!!!

All seriousness here rocket. How many year experience did you have before winning Loretta's in your C division?

(may or may not br all seriousness) Now, I do bow down to all who stay within the rules...However AMA needs to rid themselves of this BS AND ALLOW true novices the opportunity to squid it up in hurricane mills.

Ohh no you have won everyone we have ever had lol. I do know with us having this debate that it has moved atleast 2 kids from super straight to B because the dads didnt want to get called out or talked about by other people in the sport and to be honest these 2 riders even tho raced all the mini classes needed to run the C class as their skills where no wheres good enough to start them off in B. The only way to fix the problem in my opinion is make ALL C classes a non jumping class because any true beginner on a big bike is not hitting and whipping over some of these big jumps. Easy fix in the CRA as well. The thing that gets me pissed off is when riders raced C moved up to B then moves back to C bt thats a whole differant thread lol.

Georgie, if you must know, I starting riding when I was 4 years old in 1973. I won Loretta Lynn's in 2000 in the Vet B/C class, which technically isn't a "C" class, but it was 27 years after I started riding and I had only managed to get to the "B" class level, call me a slow learner. But I went by the rule book, and I was eligible as my class did not have the riding / racing for 2 years only prior to 1998 rules that affects the C classes as it was a B/C class. I have been to Loretta Lynn's over the years in the following classes: 250B Mod (when 250 was the 250 Two Stroke), Open B, Four Stroke, +25, +30 B/C, +35, and +40. With my very first year of entering Loretta's National Final in 1995.

I raced a little here and there my whole life starting when I was about 13 years old in local events. I didn't start doing bigger events until I was out of college and working a full time job in 1992. But I also don't limit myself to motocross only, as I have ridden in National Enduros, GNCC's, Hare Scrambles, and Dual Sport rides. I just like riding off road motorcycles for fun and have seen the sport change over the years from a grass roots sport that has a family with a car with a 3 rail trailer behind it to Giant Motorhomes / trailers for Peewee racers like they have today. Riders live and train MX 24/7 now and the B classes on the gates now are worlds better than the B classes I rode in at Loretta Lynn's in the 90's. There was no CLUBMX, MTF's, or private MX instruction camps like there is today, it was more of a true Amateur sport where people showed up and raced to see how they did against other racers, there didn't seem to be the "professional amateurs" like there is today.

I just pointed out that there are legal ways to ride the C class for racers that have been riding for more than 2 years, as in the case of Scottie Leighton. Scottie, and his father, took a lot of grief on this site last year for him riding the C class in Loretta Lynn's area qualifiers and regionals. But according to the rules, Scottie was completely legal for the C class last year. And this year, he has been running the B class, also according to the rules.

So let me ask you the same question, How many years have you been riding before winning your title? And when I say title, I know you haven't won a Loretta Lynn's National MX Title in any class, but you seem to have gathered your own title which allows you to preach your opinions on here with some sort of gospel like truth behind them in your mind. In the end, you are just sharing your opinion on here like everyone else... including #23 Racing and myself.

I ride and race for fun only, I read and comment on Pitracer.com for my own entertainment too. Off road riding is something that I enjoy and choose to spend doing in my spare time as I assume many others on this site do too. My opinions are just that...... my opinions, no more important or less important than anyone else's. In this case, I was just sticking up for Scottie Leighton's C racing last year by pointing out my opinion of the rules as they are written, he was entirely OK to be racing C class last year. I know his dad rubs people the wrong way sometimes, and takes a lot of grief on this site, but I thought it should be pointed out that rubbing people the wrong way doesn't make him incorrect in the rules, which you seem to preach over and over again about people moving up from Supermini should go to B class. In this case, your opinion of the rules seems to be incorrect.

And for those of you at home/ work reading this post, I find it funny that I can be arguing with both sides of this same argument, Georgie Peorgie and #23 Racing.

I didnt read ALL Of this cuz theres too much but a few things stand out... looks like yall are gettin a long a little better.. good job. hahaha...

and rocket... i agree majorly with your statement about "pro" amateurs. Even when I started on 80s I don't think it was like that. I realistically tohught I'd get to LL in a B class some day. Now I would almost bet that 90% of the "B" riders at LL all spend their winters at MTF or GPF or club mx or wherever.... days of real amateur racing at a national level is pretty much gone. that kinda sucks. ill never have the money (and hell im already too old) or time available to put that kind of dedication into anything. With that said if anyone wants to adopt me and let me quit my job and just ride dirt bikes 24/7 that would be fine.

And for those of you at home/ work reading this post, I find it funny that I can be arguing with both sides of this same argument, Georgie Peorgie and #23 Racing.

You are good when you can do that lol. We all love this sport thats why our opinions are so strong.

I am not gonna say who the C class kid is I refered too.....If someone wanted to protest him, I am not getting involved by being the one where the name came from.

As for "pro" amatuers.....I was on the net looking for Matthew an 85 the other night. Came across a guy in NC that had 5 Yamaha 85s for sale. All built, etc. Two practice bikes, three race bikes. Said he had $26,000 invested in the 5 bikes. I kind of scratched my head and thought, "what the hell", takes 5 85s to make it to LL these days! Checked the scores. Looks like the kid got a 7th and like 12th in the other class I think. Crazy for sure..........Another guy in Daytona, from PA always has a motortoter and double stack trailer. Had three Cobras in the trailer last year! I think he might of actually had an 85 in there this year! Thats a $550,000 rig. Friend of mine bought one just like it last year for a race car.

Georgie, if you must know, I starting riding when I was 4 years old in 1973. I won Loretta Lynn's in 2000 in the Vet B/C class, which technically isn't a "C" class, but it was 27 years after I started riding and I had only managed to get to the "B" class level, call me a slow learner. But I went by the rule book, and I was eligible as my class did not have the riding / racing for 2 years only prior to 1998 rules that affects the C classes as it was a B/C class. I have been to Loretta Lynn's over the years in the following classes: 250B Mod (when 250 was the 250 Two Stroke), Open B, Four Stroke, +25, +30 B/C, +35, and +40. With my very first year of entering Loretta's National Final in 1995.

I raced a little here and there my whole life starting when I was about 13 years old in local events. I didn't start doing bigger events until I was out of college and working a full time job in 1992. But I also don't limit myself to motocross only, as I have ridden in National Enduros, GNCC's, Hare Scrambles, and Dual Sport rides. I just like riding off road motorcycles for fun and have seen the sport change over the years from a grass roots sport that has a family with a car with a 3 rail trailer behind it to Giant Motorhomes / trailers for Peewee racers like they have today. Riders live and train MX 24/7 now and the B classes on the gates now are worlds better than the B classes I rode in at Loretta Lynn's in the 90's. There was no CLUBMX, MTF's, or private MX instruction camps like there is today, it was more of a true Amateur sport where people showed up and raced to see how they did against other racers, there didn't seem to be the "professional amateurs" like there is today.

I just pointed out that there are legal ways to ride the C class for racers that have been riding for more than 2 years, as in the case of Scottie Leighton. Scottie, and his father, took a lot of grief on this site last year for him riding the C class in Loretta Lynn's area qualifiers and regionals. But according to the rules, Scottie was completely legal for the C class last year. And this year, he has been running the B class, also according to the rules.

So let me ask you the same question, How many years have you been riding before winning your title? And when I say title, I know you haven't won a Loretta Lynn's National MX Title in any class, but you seem to have gathered your own title which allows you to preach your opinions on here with some sort of gospel like truth behind them in your mind. In the end, you are just sharing your opinion on here like everyone else... including #23 Racing and myself.

I ride and race for fun only, I read and comment on Pitracer.com for my own entertainment too. Off road riding is something that I enjoy and choose to spend doing in my spare time as I assume many others on this site do too. My opinions are just that...... my opinions, no more important or less important than anyone else's. In this case, I was just sticking up for Scottie Leighton's C racing last year by pointing out my opinion of the rules as they are written, he was entirely OK to be racing C class last year. I know his dad rubs people the wrong way sometimes, and takes a lot of grief on this site, but I thought it should be pointed out that rubbing people the wrong way doesn't make him incorrect in the rules, which you seem to preach over and over again about people moving up from Supermini should go to B class. In this case, your opinion of the rules seems to be incorrect.

I Stopped reading after the first paragraph. I knew you were gonna point out it was a b/c class.

Although I don't know why people think they would get picked out of a crowd and bashed for racing C. Because as I recall Scott picked himself out and decided to start going rounds and rounds on opinions for C class. He continually brings the grief on himself, not really his kid per say but definitely himself. . I think I've said enough that the rule is too loopy and the AMA needs to address it. Never listed names of anyone who I felt was racing C that wasn't actually a c rider.

So if you want to run c after minis. Go ahead. The whole USA does, why shouldn't you?

boy this is a heated subject. It is hard qualifying and doing well a lorettas. Been there twice with Chris and was amazed at what I saw. Looked like factory rigs for little guys. Chris #838 Carr raced against guys like Weeks who was being held back by Suzuki to win Loretta's title before moving into the big leagues. But if you think all that is difficult try qualifyting for a National. If we were racing to the program we might have a better chance but after years of telling Chris you can't win practice how hard is it to go out on a (very often) new and strange track and lay it on the line for a fast time..well it doesn't happen. Then you see guys out there that have qualified and after 3 or 4 laps their tongues are dragging the ground and they just putz the rest of the moto...very upsetting. But there it is that is what our racing has come to. Sorry I guess I got off subject here a little.

Although I don't know why people think they would get picked out of a crowd and bashed for racing C. Because as I recall Scott picked himself out and decided to start going rounds and rounds on opinions for C class. He continually brings the grief on himself, not really his kid per say but definitely himself. . I think I've said enough that the rule is too loopy and the AMA needs to address it. Never listed names of anyone who I felt was racing C that wasn't actually a c rider.

I bring it up because ALOT of riders go the same path thru the minis and will run C some all year localy but why give **** to a rider that is trying to better themselves by running with the fastest kids in the country and a 13-14 year old kid lining up with grown adults is a huge step weather some want to believe it or not and to come off minis and go straight to a national 250B class is kinda dumb in my eyes most of the B class has been racing more years than my rider has been alive. You take your average 13 year old 85 rider from the CRA move him up to a national race and force him to race B is very dangerous. I speak up because I really dont care what other people think of me because I dont hide behind a keyboard learking and reading only to go to the track and ***** to others about what people are saying on this forum Im a straight shooter. You say I picked myself out and went rounds and rounds on opinions on C class Well why can you be the only one with an opinion on the C class? Why would your opinion be worth anymore than mine? The only greif I bring on myself is when I disagree with you and Hershey mainly over the C class rule and sometimes robin. Its not my fault that so many other dads and kids on this forum have straight up ran B than moved back to C or has ran C class for a few years its not my fault they dont have the balls to explain why they did what they did but I did want to explain why my son raced 6 C classes after taking a year off. If I had it to do over again I wouldnt change a thing.

BTW my hats off to all local riders trying for LL in any class that shows your trying to better your skills and not just sit at your home track playing big man because you ride the same track every day.

Back