More Honda Hills race pic's.

NQ1965

PR Elite
Found these vintage Honda Hills race pics. Early 1970's.

I would only hope that the photog and the riders in the pic's wouldn't mind us showcasing their work and paying homage to the history of early American motocross and it's part here in central Ohio.

pw23.jpgpw13.jpgMarty Tripes HH 1972.jpgpw16.jpgpw18.jpgpw17.jpgpw20.jpgpw19.jpgpw22.jpgpw21.jpgpw15.jpg

Very, Very Cool...
About 5 years before my time.....but very cool.
Love the shot with the campground as the backdrop.
Honda Hills was the ****..

Started with some pics from the beginning...and here's a pic of the riders meeting at the last race held at HHs on 11/02/03. Beautiful weather for November!

IMG_0588.jpg

In the interest of posterity, took a pic of the 40+ results sheet at the last race...I got a 3rd and was beat by the usual folks who were faster than me.

IMG_0599.jpg

I have a bunch of pic's from 2001 till they closed in 2005. I'll try and get some up over next couple days.
There is also a bunch of really good pic's from Trans-Ama race with Pomeroy on others in as well. I think I have some of them burn't to disc.

So help me on our history here. Ohio has had three tracks from the early 70's that were pro circuit, correct?

Honda Hills, Ohio International, and Mid-Ohio ?

Too me, that is impressive in that Ohio was a hot bed for MX in America in the beginning.
It would be cool to see some more vintage stuff from them as well.

There's also Delta up by Toledo that held the Trans-whatever races. I rode my Hodaka Wombat to one of those back in 1974 when Tony Distefano was on CZs and Rex Staten was riding Maicos.

Delta still has races, I used to do their Saturday night races all the time back in the 80s.

I believe Ravenna also held a Trans-whatever race.

Mooch, where'd you get that sign-up sheet? That's cool!
I got to ride at HH on and off over four decades. Enjoyed the mid/late 80's the best. Mulch still went down and good group in the vet class.
Many Ohio tracks hosted pro MX in the 70's. I'll add Adelphi/Laurelville, a regular District 11 stop back then.

So help me on our history here. Ohio has had three tracks from the early 70's that were pro circuit, correct?

Honda Hills, Ohio International, and Mid-Ohio ?

Too me, that is impressive in that Ohio was a hot bed for MX in America in the beginning.
It would be cool to see some more vintage stuff from them as well.

Marion County International Raceway held a Trans-Am in '71(?) and there was a track at Hilsboro that held a National.
If I remember correctly that's where the famous Tony D and Jimmy Weinert picture was taken.

Happy Hallow was in Hillisboro. Still a track and trails there, but to my knowledge they do not hold any races there. I was by there about two years ago. Last time I was there was back in the 80s.

Bengt Aberg, Honda Hills
Bengt11_sm.jpg

Most of us have seen these shots:
The below photos of Jim Pomeroy riding his Bultaco where taken at the '74 Honda Hills Trans-AMA. This series of photos courtesy of Barbara Weaver.

pomeroy74jmp_sm.jpgpomeroy74fly_sm.jpgpomeroy74cl_sm.jpgpomeroy74_sm.jpg

And another:
HA_Hondahills_1974_1_750.jpg

Heikki Mikkola

1974 TRANS AMA-series 1974 at Honda Hills, Linnville Ohio USA. With special thanks to John Brier, from Grass Lake, Michigan USA, for sending this picture.
18e869e2941f1ab1b052bf07c69a1da2.jpg

74_65_USA.jpg

My all time favorite track-I remember going there in 97 to watch the vintage national and was pretty jazzed the old clock tower was still there. Dick K would put mulch/wood chips down on the track, Nothing beat racing there in the 80's

Here's more shots that were in some of our older posts. Just thought it neat to see all of these pic's in one post.

Honda Hills-12.jpgHonda Hills-13.jpgha01_W.jpgha02_W.jpg

I like that this one shows some of the obstacles they had in the track back then that didn't exactly give the track good flow
ha03_W.jpg

ha05_Wedit.jpgha09_Wedit.jpgha08_Wedit.jpgha07_Wedit.jpgha06_Wedit.jpg

HA209_W1.jpg

Back