More Honda Hills race pic's.

Some from 2001-2005.

HH-1.jpgHH-2.jpgHH-3.jpg

HH-4.jpgHH-5.jpgHH-6.jpg

Reactions: DTS
Those photos make me want to take some laps there again! It was never one of my favorite tracks, but looking at the photos now, seems like it would be a refreshing change to race there.....the hills, sweeping corners. I would probably like it much better now at 42.

I really dug HH Friday night series as it was as much a social event as it was an mx race.

One night that stood out, Denny Swartz made an appearance and was doing the 40+ class. This being about 10 years ago, I was probably in my mid 40s and I'm sure Denny had a good couple'o years on me. I got the holeshot and Denny Swartz was on my ass for a few laps and at one point came up beside me and I managed to stay in front, another lap and and he tried to pass me coming down a small hill with a sweeper with a berm at the bottom. Like most folks, I would pretty consistently use the berm on the outside every lap and when he tried to get between me and the berm, I held my line and Denny went over the top of the berm and he lost a huge amount of time...I figured that was the end of it right there. I was so excited that as I came around to take the flag, I pulled off and went back to the pits feeling pretty good. Problem is, my wife then comes running over asking what was wrong (uh-oh), I asked what she meant and she then broke the news that the flag I had seen when I pulled off was the white flag!

To further deflate my ego... I then walked over to Denny who was parked close to tell him I had fun and that I didn't mean to have pushed him over the berm and that like a knucklehead I had pulled off on the white flag. He then proceeds to tell me that he had fun too as as it was good to get out and race again after having hip replacement surgery!

Oh well, I DID have fun.

Mooch-I might have been there that night, I was on a 1981 Maico 490 and Denny came over to talk about the Maico (Nice Guy)

All my old pics have me in them...

A Goggle map image shows that the only thing racing there now is the water in those ruts on the start hill....

Untitled.jpg

My 1st race at HH was in 1979 on an RM 80, will never forget it. Dick had the place looking like a golf course, the grass was perfect. If he caught you spinning in the grass you were in trouble. The track was in great shape, all disc up and plenty of saw dust. I figured out very quickly to keep my mouth shut while you were racing because there was more in the saw dust than wood chips. Man I miss racing and those Wed. night practice sessions at HH.

Back