Malvern Racing Under New Ownership/Management

Best wishes to Josh in his travels. I think Malvern has come a long way in the past few years thanks to him and his staff.

Jason will do an equally fine job with the track and I look forward to riding there. It is hard to find an individual that is more level headed and hard working than Jason. Best of luck!

Very excited! If anyone is more qualified to promote and operate a facility it's Jason Rogers. The guy knows the dirtbike inside and out. Apparently, he knows the equipment inside and out as well.

For those of you who don't know (Sorry for wasting my breathe as I'm sure most of you do know): Jason, was hell on wheels and he was one of the riders that really impressed me when I was a wee youngster (between 5 and 9 years old). No doubt in my mind we could potentially have another Hand-caliber promoter. Ohio is super lucky to have so many awesome promoters.

That equation means: I may have to start running some Malvern races on the weekends.

Malvern has always been a great place, kudos to Josh! I can see Jason is on the same path, if last weeks race is an indication. You guys always take care of the riders,especially the kids. At exactly the strike of Easter jack was handed numerous yummies at the scoring tower! I think he ate em all before we got back to the truck. Thanks and good luck! The Winlands.

P.S. Mr. Faithlove617, I gotta kick outa the quad jokes during the evening. You do however have a 6 year old quad rider planning to climb up your torso like a squirrel and scratch at your eyeballs!

I am surprised only one kid came up and messed with me after those comments. That was a perfect time and subject to crack a joke. I am chuckling typing this, especially knowing your son wants scratch my eyes out...I will have to be on guard for that one, hahaha! I love it! I dig the announcing deal, just not all the time, I love being with the people.

Rich...I would be glad to go up to the tower, it has been a while...maybe the next race!

Also ShockMe...It was stated in the fourth post of this topic that Malvern will remain CRA.

I'm very excited for the future of Malvern. Again though, give the man some time to work.

I'll be looking for a chance to come back and race Malvern sometime this summer, to see how Jason is doing with the track. He knows the sport, knows racers, REALLY knows equipment and track building (he built one for me a bunch of years ago, and is very creative), and most of all, has a good staff behind him. I'm sure it won't all be smooth sailing, but the bumps will likely be minimal.

Was just thinking how long I've raced at Malvern (dates back to early 80s on a Maico), and how many changes I've seen. Will be interesting to see another.

Good Luck, Jason.

Thanks to everyone who came out to brave the conditions for practice. For those who were thinking about coming but didn't , hey I don't blame you. We had the track about perfect at 4 when we got pounded with heavy layer of snow/hail mix. So back on the tractors to try and turn it over again. Turned out good though.
I have had quite a few people ask me about Wayne Phillips and he is still very much a part of malvern. As I stated at the riders meeting last Saturday I only purchased Josh's portion of malvern. He was actually going to be at the race last Saturday but was having problems with a cat 320( lord knows I have been there) so he called me to check on things and I told him to stay home. He and I have been friends for about 20 years now so that is just one more reason this was such good fit for me and my family.
We will be having practice next wendsday and from that day forward practice will be every wendsday before a saturday race. I hope to have a lot of the improvements and one different section on the track done by wendsday but they will definitely be done by the race on Saturday. I genuinely want to thank everyone for their continued support on malvern. Jason Rogers

Hey Jason welcome to the other side of the fence ! Now you can start living in front of the tv watching the weather channel like the rest of us. Lol ! Looking forward to seeing you at the CRA meetings. Best of luck I know your going to be a great addition to the CRA family and it will be nice to have somebody else to tell Wayne how tired his old jokes are !! There's nothing like the good feeling that comes to a promoter when it all comes together and you see people enjoying all your efforts . Good luck from pymatuning. ART

Congrats Jason, great guy and track sure to be a good thing.

Back