12 years to do a 180!! Kinda...

Meister

PR Founding Father
So, I didnt ride once last year and had a perfectly fine 2008 crf 450 with around 50 hours on it since new sitting in my garage that I got tired of paying on. I got a bug up my butt to sell this beaut.

08scenic1small.jpg

And back in the day my bike looked like this, which was in 2000 and this picture was taken at Red Bud at the Regional on the old table top that was behind the big grand stands.

yz2000.jpg

With that in mind, I decided I still wanted a bike, just without a payment. Thats how this landed in my garage.

A 2003 YZ 250 that was first owned by a Vet rider from what I hear. Then, a buddy bought it and rode it a total of 5 times since 2007, 4 of which was with his little sister on the gas tank putting in a field. Thing didnt have ONE bearing that needed replaced!

yzbegining.jpg

Within a few days, the bike looked like this at one point. It got way more naked than this as well.

yzmiddle.jpg

Then, through out a couple of weeks or more, I collected and added a few things to make it MINE! This is how she looks as of tonight. The only thing left that I want to do is to throw some new clutch fibers in and maybe a top end kit just to be sure.

yz3.jpg

yz2.jpg

yz1.jpg

yz4.jpg

Things ive done:

New plastic that included 06-09 Front number plate and a 2010 Four stroke type front fender from Cycra that comes pre drilled for earlier two strokes. Killer!

Bought some HP2, you know, that stuff you mix with 93 octane pump gas, along with the simple to change tranny oil!

Black Moose rims and custom painted blue hubs. Gotta have SOME bling!

The graphics are killer. Kinda wanted something similar to what I used to have plus the showing support to a few people that have helped me out (Kames who has been there since the day I started this stuff, Lawns & Moore Landscaping out of Canton, and Kevin at Revolution Wheel, but his stickers are coming soon!) So I did some research with some local companies and came across Ryan Mccoy at RIPPED VINYL out of Salem.

Ryan was awesome to work with and he did an awesome job on the graphics. I could have chosen some big company out of a catalog to do the work, but I can guarantee that I would not have gotten the help, suggestions, and customer service that Ryan showed. To me, that speaks volumes. Even thought of my PR buddies and asked him if he would hook it up for people on here, mention that you seen my bike on Pitracer.com and he will give you a 10% discount on an already great price for a full on custom kit! What other company would offer something like that right off the rip without even hardly knowing me? Ryan's phone number is 330 853 9135. I am not spamming, but when credit is due, I will give it.

Hey Pit, got any stickers? Pitracer.com stickers deserve a place on my bike!

I got some fender sheets left. Like 3 sheets. I'd have to get alot of money to part with those sons a *****es.

Sick bike!!! I gotta get me a hip front fender and do the graphics. Looks damn good Meister. Damn good!

What happened to your quad ? Too much money to Maintain those things ??

This is crazy how everyone has a 2 stroke now.....Me and Beckett are the F-ing OG,s believe that! Bike is sick though..You always have sick bikes. Now if we could get the millers to get those Honda,s they used to have.........

Those are great bikes and yours already looks good. I have had two of them. The rear shock sucks. A v-force will make the throttle response perfect if your jetting is already close. I still have my manual if you want it. I may even have some heavier springs.

Bike looks sick! Very nice! It is kinda funny about all the 2 strokes coming back. I will have a write up of my own in a few weeks, I picked up an 02 cr250 last Thursday after seeing some builds on here for a good price, its a bare frame right now but should be done soon!

Thanks Baker.. You can spare two cant you? lol Still have the all terrain vehicle too.. Not the one I raced at Malvern before though.. Same thing, just with alot more aftermarket hoopla.. Court will be racin it sometime soon probably.. Now that my bike looks pretty Court wants graphics from Ripped Vinyl too.. lol

Freeh, if you have heavier springs, let me know! Ive got the orig. manual with this bike too.. I eventually plan to add things here and there like the V-Force reed cage and a shorter braided "inside the fork" routed front brake line.. It`ll take some time..

Thanks guys, pretty pumped to get back to the roots of my "back in the day" that I miss..

Joe, Millers 01 Hondas were KILLER.. I loved those bikes. The 01`s were def my favorite year for Honda 2 strokes..

Schlauch, whatever you do, start with Hinson clutch components and rear braided brake line as your first upgrades. I had an 02 cr and every time I rode it I broke clutch plates or blew the rear brakes out..

Awesome Meister. We'll hafta do some riding I've got an rm125 just rode for the first time in atleast 5 years. 2 strokes are way more fun and affordable.

Pud.....is this the one and only....many times...many times...I have said"what ever happen to that PUD guy,he was f-ing damn funny" welcome back Pud! 2strokes 4life!

Haha thanks. Iv been forced to mature just a bit. I have a wife and 2 month old son now ( already has a new pw). Other than that, just been livin the dream.

Wow. Pud. All grown up. No more thong wearin 50 ridin pee drinkin drunken fun anymore eh? Lol those were the days. Get ahold of me some time. Same number.

Im down for a ride sometime hopefully soon. Bike isnt 100% ready yet.

Pretty simple George. Any dealer that carries cycra can order it or you may be able to order it direct from cycra. Ill have to check the packaging to get a part number but its pretty easy to order.

Bike turned out awesome Meister! I loved my 03 yz, probably still the most comfortable chassis of any bike I have owned. Ryan did a great job re creating your old graphics, looks great.

Bike looks sweet Meister. And I agree with a 2 stroke ride day! Going back to a 2 stroke 3 years ago was the best choice I've made. Definitely a lot more fun and a LOT more inexpensive than a 4-stroke is. After my honda blew up for the fourth time, I had enough.

I agree with a 2 stroke ride day!

Red Bud , last year we did a 125 race during the VET FEST. there were like 12 of us.

We will do a 2 stroke gate, since all of the bikes but mine are cheater bikes with 1200cc bores on them and jet engine turbos!

Thanks guys.. my only worry is the steel frames.. in the past ive had bad luck with yamaha frames (broke like 5 of them) which is why i really wanted an alum frame. Just couldnt pass up this deal.. just may have to limit myself from jumping the stupid fun stuff..

Marc, i love that pic.. red bud finish table on my baldwin honda.. those were the days..

Back