12 years to do a 180!! Kinda...

Yup.. I broke 2 frames there, one within 30 days of having the bike. The other few that I broke were up on the main tube near the subframe.. $1000 a pop if it was out of warranty.. Did 2 within the 30 days though..

meister I looked on cycra's website, they have a picture of 4 stroke and 2 stroke drill mounts. I was going to order the 08 yz 250 set up. (front fender and front number plate) but I'm skeptical without a part number, I don't want the actual 2008 fender.....

part number would be sweet.

Baker, it says Fender: Blue 2010-2012 yz 125/250 2 stroke and below that it has the barcode and then 1562-62

Man. Put the new clutch in and some seals friday and rode it around a little.. debating on throwing a piston in before i really go ride it.. but im itchin!

Once I get the new top end in I am sure we`ll be down with the yz and the ltr.. Almost came down today with a buddy who was planning on it.. Stayed at his house till 4am after we watched the SX at the local watering hole.. The captain kept him up too.. Damn captain.. Wasnt happenin just to go watch.. lol

Once I get the new top end in I am sure we`ll be down with the yz and the ltr.. Almost came down today with a buddy who was planning on it.. Stayed at his house till 4am after we watched the SX at the local watering hole.. The captain kept him up too.. Damn captain.. Wasnt happenin just to go watch.. lol

Arrrghh! I hate the captain! Doesn't get much better than the tracks today. Its was awesome on quad or bike. Hopefully if you make it down it will be respectable.

So, now that ive got a little bit of time on this bike, I still dig it.. There are a few things I want to do.. SUSPENSION, and maybe some different bars because I can really feel every bump. Been riding the quad lately that has flex type (atv 4 play) bars on it and I dont know if its a combo of great suspension AND the bars, of if alot of what I feel is the bars.. I know Tommy Beckett used to run flexx bars, anyone else? This thing is really rough in the kickers and big jumps (being fat doesnt help im sure)..

Also, anyone remember which length or set up is used to obtain the "inside the fork" routing of the front brake line? I really dig this thing, but its quite different feeling than the CRF's that I grew used to.. Also, what gearing is most popular for mx? I cant believe all the info that has escaped my mind the last 10 years about these Yamahas.. lol

Might be your forks. When I ride both, I don't notice what your talking about. I do got flex bars on the quad, most of the bikes I ride do not. Then again, i dont ride the bike nowhere near at the level you do.

meister, i ran those brake lines on my 03 yz250 i had, for the life of me i cant remember what brand i ran, but i know they make a yz specific cr style front brake line, its for a yz, but its the length and everything for a cr, im sure kevin can find it for you at kames, i also had a braking oversized wave rotor on the front that helped huge amounts.

Jeremy, very well could be the forks. Its pretty harsh. The sad reality is right now I'm probably faster on the quad than my bike lol. Specially lap time wise.

G, ill call Kevin n see if he can find the model.. good thinking..

jerad...its fastline, thats the name of the company that makes them, mine was a blue braided one just a fastline, yz125/250 with cr style routing

Thanks guys.. I will check on the brake line.. Playing with sprockets may have to hold off for a bit.. Got other places the money needs to go now..

If you want to be cheap, you can source an entire 1995 - up CR front master cylinder / line / caliper off Evilbay. The pads in the YZ caliper will interchange with whatever worn pads are in the CR caliper. The mounting bracket from your YZ will also mate up to the CR caliper. As TruckerG said, bigger rotors are a big help too.

Those flex bars are nice or casing s**t. Your wrists aren't as sore... Otherwise they feel about the same in the breaking bumps.

Back