CRF150R demo ride needed

mgorman

PR Member
Thanks Guys, CRF150R demo ride [no longer] needed

She got her test ride and bought a new bike.

I have a female friend who is looking to possibly buy a CRF150R but can't find one to demo ride before buying. If there's anyone in NE Ohio or between Canton and Columbus that would be willing to let her take your 150R for a test ride at a local open practice track?

If so, please email me at mgorman at sssnet dot com

How much experience does she have? We started my girlfriend off on a TTR. She never rode a motorcycle so that was a good way to keep her alive until she figured out the controls. She actually test rode a crf150r too early and went down the first corner. After a full year of practcie on the TTR we upgraded to the 150r her second year and then a 250f her third. Hope this helps.

She rides pretty well considering she started last September. She rode almost every weekend through the winter, even in the snow. She has a TTR125 and a CRF230M (Motard) at the moment. However, she's over riding the TTR and slowly killing the poor thing.

The only issue we have is she's only 4'11" and a full sized moto won't work unless we do some serious suspension and seat shaving.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/F4eFhSUeFr8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qPPZEYYDktk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Yea those TTR's weren't meant to leave the ground. At 4'11 the 150R is probably the next and last bike she'll ever need. The only thing left to decide is if you want a big wheel and you probably already know this answer based on the TTR.

Correct, the big wheel, however, demo-ing the little brother would work also as what we're looking for is how "woods" friendly the motor is to her ans how easily she can start the thing. She likes my 250XCF, it's just too dang big.

I maybe able to help, I have crf150 she could ride. Going to Malvern tmrw, I can bring it along. I drive a green f150 W/ TEAM X in the back window, look me up she is more then welcome to ride.

That would be cool, however, she lives in Columbus and can only come up during the weekends. Maybe in 2 weekends if you are going to be at Battlesburg, Crow or one of the other tracks between here and Columbus we could hook up or if given enough advanced warning a Wednesday might work.

I've seen that truck around town. You've probably seen me too, riding either a KTM 640 or 950 Adventures or a white Transalp. Live on the SW side out by the Baptist Temple

Haven't been to Malvern for MX since the 90's but rode past and checked out the track a couple weekends ago. This might tell you how long I've been falling down, taken at Malvern back in the early 80's during a LLQ. They used to have a really cool night track up the road back then too.

420-malvern.jpg

That would be cool, however, she lives in Columbus and can only come up during the weekends. Maybe in 2 weekends if you are going to be at Battlesburg, Crow or one of the other tracks between here and Columbus we could hook up or if given enough advanced warning a Wednesday might work.

I've seen that truck around town. You've probably seen me too, riding either a KTM 640 or 950 Adventures or a white Transalp. Live on the SW side out by the Baptist Temple

Haven't been to Malvern for MX since the 90's but rode past and checked out the track a couple weekends ago. This might tell you how long I've been falling down, taken at Malvern back in the early 80's during a LLQ. They used to have a really cool night track up the road back then too.

420-malvern.jpg

Boot gators......and the Zman tape numbers were in style back in the 80s too. Looking at that, I would have thought it was a photo of Zman, lol.

At one time we had 9th street setup so sweet we were "graced" with the presence of Mighty Mike Katin...I remember that day like yesterday...never had more than 8 vehicles there at one time and that day a caravan of 10-12 cars/trucks all came along with Mike....he tore that place apart and made it clear why he was called "Mighty Mike"

Friggin small world!

I'm on 806 Bernard St SW, 2 blocks east! I'll be in my garage the rest of the evening working on bikes til about 9 if you want to stop down, just walk around back and introduce yourself. There's a large moto trailer in the rear. I've only lived here for 12 years but poached 9th street on the mtb until they started patrolling it. Made a nice short cut to Navarre

Btw, I knew Katin when he was only about 6 or 7, saw his pops last summer down at Battlesburg.

i know someone with a bigwheel 150r that is not even broken in yet for sale, i'm sure he'd let a demo happen, PM me if you want his number

Wow, lots of Stark County riders around these parts!

Thanks Josh, Got your message and will look into it tomorrow

Just get it. They're nice rides, and it's all about how far you wanna twist the throttle to make it bark....

Can't go wrong here, seriously. Bite the bullet.

Thanks guys, I have you contact info, it'll be up to her. The biggest concern is the ability to start it in an awkward situation such as stuck on a root cover hillside being barely able to reach the ground.

Also, the bike has to have a clean Ohio title so we can get it converted to a road title and made street legal for dual sporting.

Thanks again,

Michael

A big bike some day is not out of the question. My daughter is 20, she has many years of ridin under her belt and she has rode big bikes since she was 14. She rode a 125 250f and currently rides a 450. She is only 4'11" and there has never been any lowering done to the bike. If you watch her off the track she does a pretty cool balancing act getting going. On the track you wouldn't know other than she swears she is standing but doesn't have much clearance off the seat. Lol.

Back