Old CRA Track in East Palestine, Ohio?

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
Late 80's or early 90's I remember driving to East Palestine, Ohio for a CRA motocross race but cannot remember the track name. Anyone remember anything?

I remember that place too John. However I can't remember the name, but is that the place that use to have a race right before Thanksgiving and they gave you frozen turkeys as awards. They also had a team race thing I remember being apart of.

There used to be a track called Pleasant Ridge over that way, but I don't think they held races.

Old East Palestine pics

Hey Pit, Is this the place you are thinking about?

Scan0003.jpgScan0004.jpgScan0005.jpgScan0006.jpgScan0007.jpg

I don't know, what place is that?
I've been thinking about it more and I'm pretty sure I was on my 1985 RM125, which I raced in 1986 and 1987. I remember my buddy forgot his boots and borrowed a set of Joc for the day. That was the only time I was ever there and I remember it because of looking for the city called "East Palestine."

That is most likely the place. I was there on a 1981 Rm80 and I am 45 now. It was just a club track where you started in the grass, raced on kinda track then headed to the woods. It was in East Palestine Ohio. We raced there often since my friends dad owned the ambulance service that was on scene there.

Mystery solved....This is BIG VALLEY in East Palistine FOR SURE!! My Dad (Carl Pasternack) was the track promoter there during this time..(Al Gollan owed property) That is our Van in the back ground...and the ol Clemente Mckay ambulance...Almost positive the one photo is during is the riders meeting!! We ran MOSTLY Hairscrambles...BUT we did run a FEW Mx back in the day....Was just talking to Dan Morgan last weekend about all the fun we had there....Who remembers the BIKE RODEO?? Barrel racin, log ride, pushin the barrel with front tire...OMG and the funnest one....He would throw your shoes in a big pile...you would RUN find your shoe, put them on , get to your bike and be first one to move...and the SLOW contest!! Those were def the GOOD OL' days...Bill Farmer, Dan, My Dad...them boys would BATTLE HARD!! and fyi My Dad and Dan and them were running the SR class waaaaaaay back then! AND goin thru the CREEK and having to DUCK your head under that bridge!! The picture of the start..."I" have that same photo...that is the start of the MINIs...ME and MY SIS are on that starting line!! Pit are these YOUR pictures? YOU MADE ME AND MY DAD'S DAY!!! Is there a way for me to save these pictures to my computer? After we promoted there I am pretty sure Cheif (Dave Capretta) and Toni Proffer ran the Turkey Runs you guys mentioned... THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES <3

Tina (Pasternack) Sams &
Carl Pasternack (my dad)

MxDad567...Rick whats your last name? We MUST know eachother if you were on that gate, and if you were friends with Sam Clemente! I married Allen Sams, Im sure you know him too! I seriously have that same picture on the gate!

Tina(Motodad), Send me your Email and I'll get some pictures off to you. I have some more as well.
Sam Clemente jr was my best friend growing up. He lives in Struthers and I live in Pittsburgh. Our families have places in Conneaut Lake.
We raced many times there and always had fun.

Sam Sr passed away a few years ago and now Sam jr and his sister I think run the Ambulance service

I remember this place. It was the first place i got a trophy at. I was on my KX80 running a HS. We always just called East Palistine. If i remember there was a bit of a long straight away beside a pond. Remember someone going in...

I did my first race ever at this track,I still have the 1st place trophy i got.
Didnt it go by Pirate Competition?
I will check the trophy but pretty sure the year was 77.
I purchased a brand new RM125 in 1978 just after that race my bike a 1977 Rm125 was stolen
Raced there several times,you would run the creek section unless the water was too high.

Why go to FB? Post them here in the photo galleries!

None of those pics look familiar and I would have remembered a name like Pirate Raceway. This was in the late 80's, not the 70's. I remember a big, steep downhill but that's about it.

Back