Old CRA Track in East Palestine, Ohio?

Mx pilot my dad used to know Art too. Did you ever run the track at the old civic center in erie?
Hickory Hills was it. We ran there a couple times. Of course we raced at steel city and challenger raceway in the 80's too. I think in the late 80's and early 90's we ran holeshot and up to Western NY and ran Hunt and Siver Springs. Never really traveled too deep into Ohio tho.

Yankee Lake was pretty good unless it rained . Anyone remember Lawerence County Fairgrounds from the late seventies early eighties?

Jsmx328....We remember Lawerence County...My Uncle just blew up a picture of me (Tina) hitting the jumps in front of Grand stand area...I remember batteling with lil Mick Tucker on his 60 and I was on my 80....all I remember is working hard so that lil dude did not beat me and Tina Clarion givin me the gas it signal in front of score box..(back then there was NOT a lot of girls racing ) Yankee lake was nice and close about 3 miles away now...Yankee is wear CRA held the first banquet EVER! Steve wise was guest speaker and Larry Myers was the MC..

Me and My husband Allen Sams BOTH attended Russ Darnell MX School!! lolol

Sorry for digging up an old thread........ but WOW it was great to hear some names and see some pics from the past! Somehow over the years I have only a handful of pics, but a head full of great memories of my time racing! Nice to see y'all are still around!

Sorry for digging up an old thread........ but WOW it was great to hear some names and see some pics from the past! Somehow over the years I have only a handful of pics, but a head full of great memories of my time racing! Nice to see y'all are still around!
Eric that's so true about the memories! I can still run most of these tracks jump by jump amazes me sometimes. Just shows how important and what kind of impression this sport really leaves on a rider who loves it. Oh and I'm always faster in my memories too.

East Palestine, back in my mind. My first race there was in the 60's. The track actually was a figure eight with a bridge on the straight and an underpass. Al Golan owned it, races sponsored by the Pirate MC. Roy Keys and Ray Golan were regular competitors. We did mostly scrambles, but worked the sportsman hill climb and "hooked" the pro hill climb a few times. GREAT MEMORIES!
That pro hill climb was something else. It was not a matter of how fast they crested the hill but rather if anyone crested the hill! In the early days there were several built up hot Triumph Cubs and Harley Hummers. Lots of big iron running scrambles too. Yes, you did have to cross over a small bridge to get in. I recall washing the calcium chloride track prep off my leathers in the creek below. I think that I have a few minutes of 8mm film of one of the Pro Hill Climbs, circa 1969?
What is the latest ? Is the track still in use ?

Back