Fox Presents | Carmichael | The Road Back To Loretta's | Episode 1: The Decision

Did he end up going to another qualifier for Pro Sport? I think it is cool he is going. He is about racing, and it will be awesome for the fans. Seeing him in Daytona, he is very approachable with the riders and fans, and seems to love talking to people and signing autographs.

Cool post. I know where he's coming from. I've often thought that while we idolize the professionals in the sport-- the professionals think we (the amateurs) are the lucky ones.

As weekend warriors, we can turn our interest and participation on and off, and still have food on the table. If we want to ride or race on a particular day, well... that'd be up to us. If we do race-- and we do well-- sweet! If we do poorly? That's OK, there's always next time, and we won't be fired Monday a.m. Sure... our glory is confined to our GF's, wives, families who watched that great last lap pass we made-- but rest assured that we're the ones who enjoy riding and racing the most. ---L*64

Nice find Tom...I've been looking for Episode1 since I posted about this a week or two ago....great video and I can't wait to see the rest and the final outcome :D

Great Dude. i think this was a wake up call for him as far as how we race. National pros onl have a couple motos. Qualifiers bang out 20 classes.
If you make a mistake in the Pro class you have some time to re group. at a qualifier you get 4 or 5 laps.

he looks like he dropped a few pounds and he will get back in the swing of our world....

Go RC4! I hope I make LL just to race him and kick his ........ JUST KIDDING! i wont even get there. (as a racer)

Just goes to show how much talent amateur motocross has. Who would think the goat would qualify 10th?!?! Broken throttle tube or not.

Cool to see he's JUST having fun now. Just to know he's racin for fun probably totally re-introduced him to motocross.

Now I'm definitely going to have to travel down there to watch this year. And remember what it was like, as I have clearly forgotten. Heck, it might force me to try and qualify next year.

ho can a pro who has made millions of dollar racing quit and then come back to race amatuer, thats pretty dumb, if he wants to race so bad race with pros, brown does it, dowd does it, hughes does it, and carmicheal can buy them for what there worth at the atm machine.come on now

Just goes to show how much talent amateur motocross has. Who would think the goat would qualify 10th?!?! Broken throttle tube or not.

Cool to see he's JUST having fun now. Just to know he's racin for fun probably totally re-introduced him to motocross.

Now I'm definitely going to have to travel down there to watch this year. And remember what it was like, as I have clearly forgotten. Heck, it might force me to try and qualify next year.

my girlfriend and i were talking about a small round trip that included hitting lorettas for a day. well have to meet up...

Dude +25 is gonna be like a pro national this year. I'd be happy just spectating. Cuz you know RC and ferry are gonna duke it out to see whose the faster retired mx rider!

If you remember before Ferry started his string of injuries, he was the one of the last guys that was keeping pace with RC outdoors. Could be an interesting race between those two. You automatically think RC should beat him, but I would not count Ferry out for sure. Is Ferry riding a Yamaha? Anyone know?

Well-- I have to admit it..... but this is the ONE time I actually AGREE with cbbBrandon! I was kinda thinking the same thing myself when I saw the vid. I got blinded by how cool it would be to see RC on a bike again I guess. --L*64

I cant say I agree with brandon, couldn't read it grammar haha. But anyway the retired guys he mentioned don't race a whole series, there is word RC will race a couple nationals to keep the number 4. I believe he has to score 25 points which is like 3 top five finishes.

I would assume he cant do both, LL and Nationals to keep his number 4...... He would no longer be an amature

Back