Fox Presents | Carmichael | The Road Back To Loretta's | Episode 1: The Decision

He can race the Pro Sport class at Loretta's if he scores points in this year's series, but not +25. Or he could race at Loretta's in Pro Sport and +25 for fun (while getting in shape) and then come back for a few nationals after Loretta's to keep his number for another year. I doubt he'd have a hard time scoring enough points to keep his number.

Maybe he wants to take back his most championships at Loretta's. You might see him wallop +25 for the next 5 years so nobody can touch his record.

highly doubtful. The guy just wants to race with no pressure. Can't blame him. Let him enjoy riding like I enjoy it on a thursday. Must be nice to not feel pressure when you're up front with fastest guys in the country. And then again, the getting injured factor doesn't really play a huge role like for the majority of Vets who are working and still trying to race on the workers income.

Part 2

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JAdf9FnIBAk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ricky is pretty down to earth these days. At Daytona, he took time with anyone that wanted to chat, take photos or get an autograph. He is becoming a great ambassador for the sport.

This is just sickening. A pro level guy, riding an AMATEUR event!! How can these guys think, for one second, that they have accomplished anything of value? "I'd like to take home another Loretta Lynns championship." - give me a brake!!

And for anyone that thinks the Carmichaels, Johnsons, Stiles, Reynards, Dicksons, Tedders, Lindseys, & Randys(just kidding) etc, etc, are not getting equipment, TIRES, bikes, fuel, suspension, parts, on and on, that you and me can never get, well I take off my hat to you guys for being able to keep the blinders on so well.
Ricky and his marketability are so good, he will get handed anything he needs, plain and simple. - Just like that SPEC tire his dad was so proud of.
'cmon man!!

I watched that video in dire silence.

When I saw him in that plane flying, tinkering with his phone like I would sittin on my couch all I said was: "man, that's living.". ....flying to races......ugh. This workin 40hrs for a living BS isn't cutting it.

This is just sickening. A pro level guy, riding an AMATEUR event!! How can these guys think, for one second, that they have accomplished anything of value? "I'd like to take home another Loretta Lynns championship." - give me a brake!!

And for anyone that thinks the Carmichaels, Johnsons, Stiles, Reynards, Dicksons, Tedders, Lindseys, & Randys(just kidding) etc, etc, are not getting equipment, TIRES, bikes, fuel, suspension, parts, on and on, that you and me can never get, well I take off my hat to you guys for being able to keep the blinders on so well.
Ricky and his marketability are so good, he will get handed anything he needs, plain and simple. - Just like that SPEC tire his dad was so proud of.
'cmon man!!

y so mad??

Ricky coming back to Loretta's might be the start of something good for the rest of us......... If RC draws more big names out of semi retirement to go back to Loretta Lynn's for the racing, it might just make MXSPORTS think about adding the Vet Pro Class that they need to give the normal guys a break. I definitely want to see RC ride at the ranch again! and I would love to see him do it against more of the guys that I used to admire...... McGrath, Emig, Albertyn, Hughes, Ty Davis, Dubach, Stanton, LaRocco, Hannah, Johnson, O'Mara...... all of those guys in a +30 Pro class / +40 Pro Class would be awesome to watch and cheer on. Get rid of +35 that is poorly attended anyway and change the Vet Class structure to:

+25 (like now)
+30 Pro (Former AMA National # holders)
+30 B (Let's drop the C class list as no C rider will ever make it)
+40 Pro (Former AMA National # holders and anyone else who wants to run with them, plus top 5 of 40B are bumped to this forever after their top finish)
+40 B (New class for regular Joes that never raced Nationals and current +45 racers fall in here if they aren't former pros)
+50 - Full Gate of +50's since there are so many older racers still doing motocross now and could handle riding the Loretta Lynns track, which wasn't the case when they added the +50 class at 20 riders long ago.

6 Vet Classes just like they have now, but 2 for regular Joe's to get a shot at! That would be awesome.

y so mad??

Not so mad, alot of it is just tongue-in-cheek. - Pit got it. :) (Although that plane was already headed there Pit.) lol

Freestone was fun. Amateur day was so-so, learning the track. Regionals were good but VERY hot. Did get to beat R Reynard Sr 2 out of 3 motos though!

It has been very frustrating for me though, on a personal level, trying to deal with the people who run things and get SOME kind of good change so we all have a better time. I don't have 5 more years to keep waiting for the promised changes. I keep hearing that this is all for fun at our AMATEUR level. Well, we all probably have our own definition of fun. Losing to "Expert", ex-pro, pro, "still-makin-a-livin off my skills" retired guys, is just not fun - to me. To each his own.

I will say, IF I had that bad a$$ plane to take me to TN tho- I'm there in a minute! lol
"I just want to ride" - In a Vet class of equal classification.

I think we should start a petition to MX Sports for changes to the Vet class structure. I agree with what has already been recommended here (and to MXS).
We are all AMA members, we have a voice. Promoters are just one group. Since we all have to have AMA memberships to ride these AMA sanctioned events, we should have representation. Not just a promoters self serving program. - Feel me?

I agree with those classes 100% Rocket.

Reynard Sr races?? I did not know that, and cant picture that.

I agree with those classes 100% Rocket.

Reynard Sr races?? I did not know that, and cant picture that.

Yep, has done some qualifiers the past couple years. 56 or 57 yrs old, I believe. Still gets around the track pretty good too!

And YES, ME TOO - I agree with Robin. - Make the change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe they should hold a group discussion after the final motos so eveyone can talk about their feelings too.

Back