2003 rm250

Vargo671

PR Addict
Any reviews? Did I read correctly that 2004 and up parts are transferable? I found a pretty good deal on one that looks to be in excellent condition, at least by the pics.

2001-2003 RM250s used Kayaba suspension while the RM125's and the 2005-2008 RM250s use Showa.
Some parts are the same (plastic, wheels) but most others are different. I believe the entire power valve system was changed for 2004 as well.

Typically on an RM250 I recommend looking for a 2005 or newer. But it all depends on what you want, how much you have to spend, and what is available in great condition.

What would you guys pay for a mint 2003?

Post a picture but if I though it was very clean, low hours & could ride it all season with out dumping money into it would go between $1,500 to $2,200 as it is older
so may require shock & fork seals before you know it.

New top end or anyting else on it?

I'd second getting a newer RM. I have an 03 and don't like several things about it all that much. The suspension is not great, it takes a new slide and some jetting work to make it run decent - mine still isn't as good as it should be, and it's mostly bottom to mid power - it runs out quickly on top.

FWIW, I bought my low-hour bike in great condition last year with original top end and PC pipe and silencer for $1500.

I picked up an '04 this winter. Pretty much mint, everything is stock still... And I've been loving this bike. I've been riding it instead of my '09 crf450.

I bought an 04 brand new and loved the bike,pretty sweet powerband and and great Suzuki handling

Back