2003 rm250

Vargo671

PR Addict
Any reviews? Did I read correctly that 2004 and up parts are transferable? I found a pretty good deal on one that looks to be in excellent condition, at least by the pics.

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
2001-2003 RM250s used Kayaba suspension while the RM125's and the 2005-2008 RM250s use Showa.
Some parts are the same (plastic, wheels) but most others are different. I believe the entire power valve system was changed for 2004 as well.

Typically on an RM250 I recommend looking for a 2005 or newer. But it all depends on what you want, how much you have to spend, and what is available in great condition.

mx049

PR Elite
What would you guys pay for a mint 2003?

Post a picture but if I though it was very clean, low hours & could ride it all season with out dumping money into it would go between $1,500 to $2,200 as it is older
so may require shock & fork seals before you know it.

New top end or anyting else on it?

cmoist

PR Member
I'd second getting a newer RM. I have an 03 and don't like several things about it all that much. The suspension is not great, it takes a new slide and some jetting work to make it run decent - mine still isn't as good as it should be, and it's mostly bottom to mid power - it runs out quickly on top.

FWIW, I bought my low-hour bike in great condition last year with original top end and PC pipe and silencer for $1500.

Jon16

PR Founding Father
I picked up an '04 this winter. Pretty much mint, everything is stock still... And I've been loving this bike. I've been riding it instead of my '09 crf450.

TPMX #8

PR Addict
I bought an 04 brand new and loved the bike,pretty sweet powerband and and great Suzuki handling