Smith Rd Raceway

I did NOT tell anyone to do anything. I stated it's not a good idea. It's your website post away. I'm sure you'll convert the white collar desk jockey who moves away from the city noise and pollution to become mx'ers.

[/QUOTE] I'm sure you'll convert the white collar desk jockey who moves away from the city noise and pollution to become mx'ers.[/QUOTE]

If we convert them, I'll teach 'em how to mix their gas.

P.S. alot of white collar desk jockeys already enjoy our sport....

I understand both sides of this argument and while both sides (on Pitracer.com) want a positive outcome for the track in the long run, there are valid points to each side which are positive and negative for the posts being on here or anywhere for people to read and see. We know as riders of tracks that have gone away for many reasons over the years, and know that the tracks that are left open for us must do things better than some of those tracks in order to stay open now and in the future. Positive outcomes in favor of motorcycle enthusiasts takes the work of many people and spreading the word on here to people in the area of track under fire in order to show community support for that track is a good thing, and welcomed by the track owners / promoters. But having people (MX Supporters) post all of their bad experiences in the past with how their prior battles were lost in court or otherwise in legal battles is spreading more information to "lurkers" who may be looking for other ways to attempt to have their wishes met, which is Track closure or lots of regulation.

So there are 2 sides to every coin, and when you are supporting a track, do just that......... support the track. Don't add information that is counterproductive to supporting a track with track failures of the past as that can be used against the tracks that are still open in other attempts to get rid of the riding places that we enjoy.

I have ridden at Smith Rd with my family for many years, starting as a youngster myself riding there with my father for practice since the 70's. I have grown up and come full circle and take my kids there on a weekly basis in the summer for practice and have cook outs after riding every week after enjoying our time on the track doing something we love to do. It's been great place to spend time riding and racing over the years and I was very happy to hear that another party bought the track and intended to keep it a track for the future. Although I don't live in the immediate area around the track, I count on their Wednesday night practice all summer as my place to go and ride for fun and exercise with my family. I make sure that all of my bikes and kids bikes are properly maintained to give the least amount of impact on nature as possible while enjoying the great outdoors in my motorized entertainment. I spent my time learning how to work on, maintain, and get ready to ride / race motorcycles rather than fall into other traps that are out their for kids to get into since I had such a great place to ride within a 15 minute drive. Without someplace to ride, I may have gotten into a lot more trouble as a kid or yound adult.

I agree, it needs to be posted and discussed. If those that ride at Smith Rd really want to help, attend the council meetings or zoning meetings dealing with the issue. Numbers are very effective. Come dressed neatly, talk in a calm tone of voice, and present the case for the track. I am sure the track has probably been there longer than some of the residents now complaining. They bought or built their houses knowing that there was a track already in existence at that location. That plays into the tracks favor. Now if the track as increased the level of use dramicially, that could come into play. But the track owner needs the people that support the business to come and speak in support. But dont send some punk up there to speak for the track. These people for the most part will know nothing about MX and you dont want to present a bad image.

I wish the track owner luck. I do not know anything about the case, but if it has been there a long time, that helps them for sure. We have some residents that started complaining about a NASCAR santioned track and drag strip. It runs everything Thursday, Friday and Saturday. It has been there forever though, and they built the houses knowing that the track was there. Not much they can do. But the track adheres to a 11pm curfew on Thursdays and midnight on Friday and Saturday.

So let me get this straight ……we’re not sending J-Law & Deegan?

P.S......I took my first laps around Smith Rd. in 1973….been going back every year since.
I hope for an amicable resolve that pleases all stakeholders in this issue …..

You may have three blue hairs, one old man, and one guy with common sense making the decision on your track........(I have no idea where it is, or who they have on their boards and commissions). So yeah at the end of the day, do not send J Law, Deegan, or Tyler Evans shirtless up there to represent you.

Ummm, you! Then Hartney agreed with you!
Unless I am misunderstanding the part about how this should not be on a public forum.....

I'm not trying to be a jerk here, just sayin.....it's posted on Facebook, it's posted online in newspaper articles, there are flyers around town.....and suddenly the biggest part of the issue is that it's posted here on PitRacer? C'mon.

"Controlling the Internet" is really an oxymoron......

I was agreeing with Dan that lurkers could/would use this site and things posted on it to try and further their own agenda. I agreed with his statement, nothing more. Recognizing the sensitivity of the situation and the potential impact of various statements that MAY be posted here and elsewhere was my intent......

I never implied it was YOUR fault John that people MAY post things on here that could be perceived as support for one side or another.....or misconstrued.......or taken out of context.

And for the record, I believe PitRacer to be a more credible source than the other media you mention.....

OMG!...way out of control....again! What I have learned from this, post nothing...not worth the issues is causes. I simply want this track to stay open! Wish Larry could run every day! The word is out, like Pit says, from many sources. Without this forum, my guess, most MX'er's would not even know there is an issue.

Hey Plas,

We've never talked but if you have interest in doing any sound
testing, I do that sort of crap for a living and would work for beer.
Troyan should have my number.

Go fast. Take chances.
Mike S.
P.S. Lurkers are everywhere. Screw 'em.

LOL nice!!

Seriously, that's a great offer, just a funny way of putting it.

I really hope this all works out for Plas Racing and all involved. I loved it there, and would hope it's still running if I can ever find work back there again.

We should be asking, what are the residents complaining about ? What as rides can we do to help the new owners ? Should we organize a group of riders for the up coming meeting. We do need to band together and so bickering.

Sorry, I just realized that the meeting was on last Sunday. Was anyone there ? What was the biggest complant about ?

Here's something they can use for their agenda:

Would you like your local community to have a "safe closed-course controlled environment" for people to ride? Or would you like for them just to ride down the street, on your sidewalks, through your yards and possibly clipping the tax-paying citizens who were merely just going out for the mail one fine afternoon after a hard days work?

Hope it's resolved without incident by now.

Back