Heres your chance....Need input on a topic.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
With the exception of some minor tweaks, I plan to use our new layout for a couple months anyway, just to see where it goes. As I watched it develop Sunday, there is one section that just isn't working out. The Super Berm isnt so super. So i thought about either swinging it really wide to the left after the little single, and then use the berm more in a 180 fashion, or nix the whole section, roller single-super berm, and install a table table section. Any thoughts?

I will not entertain the thought of going back to the last layout, so do not waste your time with that nonesense.

i watched a helmet cam from this year and man a couple years ago the a track was an a track now it seems way to tame, thats what the c track is about, i loved the 10 pack years ago, the double up into the berm the three doubles in a row after that, why is it getting more and more tame, tell people to ride the c track if they dont have what it takes to ride a pro track.

i watched a helmet cam from this year and man a couple years ago the a track was an a track now it seems way to tame, thats what the c track is about, i loved the 10 pack years ago, the double up into the berm the three doubles in a row after that, why is it getting more and more tame, tell people to ride the c track if they dont have what it takes to ride a pro track.

The double into the berm is highest requested change right now. Most of the people I talk to want that double back. I kinda miss it too. I miss the rythm sections as well.

Wasting my time with nonsense right now ! Only because I didnt get down there this weekend .....

If the Super Berm is where I'm thinking it is, then I hate to say this. I know it was a ton of work but I think it is not the ideal spot for it. Where it is, you are going slightly up to a 90 degree left, correct? It's easier to just slow down and jam the inside.

A sweet spot for the super berm would be after the triple since it is going slightly downward into a sharp turn. Take the wall and plow it into a super berm before heading toward the table.

If the Super Berm is where I'm thinking it is, then I hate to say this. I know it was a ton of work but I think it is not the ideal spot for it. Where it is, you are going slightly up to a 90 degree left, correct? It's easier to just slow down and jam the inside.

A sweet spot for the super berm would be after the triple since it is going slightly downward into a sharp turn. Take the wall and plow it into a super berm before heading toward the table.

There was nice berm after the triple once upon a time. Me thinks super berm needs to be installed from where you land off the single, and it puts you right into the normally wet straightaway. Either that or table table.

i say table table just cuz i like jumps lol

that is an awkward place for the berm, i agree. i didnt care so much for the wall either. so i like the idea of pushing that back into a berm after the triple. although i dont see it necessary. i have no problem landing the triple and hitting the very inside line in that corner, so you really dont need a berm there...

If the tracks too "slow" and not hardcore enough for you then why dont you learn to scrub? dont take this the wrong way im not being smart, just part of being a fast and top guy is riding a track regardless of the conditions and finding ways to go faster... I doubt the big names that show up to the cliff complain about it being too tame, they just ride it, its a great facility, and whats better, big doubles that if you mis-gear, or miss your peg you're landing into a wall and getting who knows what broke, or just popping up onto the top of a table, people are gonna wreck riding motorocross its inevitable, if the tracks to technical, and some fast mini kid goes out there, gets broke and ends up paralyzed god forbid, and knock on wood, but that would just not be good for anyone. I think what JO has done is great and perfect for the sport. If you wont a peaked go for broke track build one at home but he has a business to run, and one im sure he'd like to keep.

I plan to add one section in the next month or so, that has no jumps, but will prove to be tougher than any other.

Back on subject:

Did you think about possibly adding a gnarly Off-camber and maybe a ton of sand on the flat outside part? Or maybe just dig it extra deep there? Off cambers are few and far between but super challenging.

Or: Double up into the berm, double off out of the berm. Mini step-on step-off like?

off cambers are tough though.....I mean...most of the time people just end up funneling around the outside. But if anyone can make an off camber section that isn't one lined it's you JO!

Double in-double out, possibly in the works.

Wasn't what was originally in the step-up double, old big-berm section? The step off didn't last very long...maybe a day.

I didn't ride the new configuration, so I can't really comment....but I like the idea of putting a bowl/big berm after the triple...and huckin' the Gonzwaller. =-)

off cambers are tough though.....I mean...most of the time people just end up funneling around the outside. But if anyone can make an off camber section that isn't one lined it's you JO!

I got my work cut out for me. The gnarly off camber is before the triple, it really had two main lines on top yesterday, and maybe one at the bottom. I will mello it out a hair to get people to try other areas.

@mosher, uh huh wide open sweeper into the waller, ok buddy.

I got my work cut out for me. The gnarly off camber is before the triple, it really had two main lines on top yesterday, and maybe one at the bottom. I will mello it out a hair to get people to try other areas.

that inside line was gnarly before you disced it!!!!

My two cents should hopefully be worth a penny...

In all the riding I did over the weekend, take it easy on the tractor driver. ;)

However, if I was to say ever get a running bike again, I also say take it easy on the younger and fit thinking older fat guy to make it something with some flow. By "flow" I mean nothing that will cause serious arm pump whether I do it or not and have a smooth downside ability to it. More so if I do it. Singles to nothing and wallers aren't a favorite, but can see where one could have a place on a track.

Thinking something like turning the roller single to nothing into either a double double with quad potential or single table on single off or table table with table to top of table or to downside of second table potential. Make any sense? You know, give options for the less skilled and/or risk takers as well as the mucho skilled and/or risk taker folks. I know "risk" may be a term that would scare a track owner, but as a rider, you know what I mean...

Oh, and yes, a 145 to 180 degree (doesn't need to hairpin back in that area does it?) super/bowl berm back down straight would be OK. Not even that much dirt necessary. Just a nice berm to cruise on and/or a nice inside line ability for those that like that.

OK, back to as I was... ;)

No, huck the waller....as is get it the huck outta there.

Back