Action Sports Grand Prix Championship Series Round 2 this Saturday!!!

ActionSports

PR Addict
Round 2 of the 2012 Action Sports Grand Prix Series will take place this Saturday May 12th at the Action Sports Moto Park in Athens, Ohio. The weather looks great and the track should be in perfect condition. Anyone can take a video lap on our GP course by going to www.ActionSportsRacing.com , click on the GP course video icon. Racing begins at 11:AM with motorcycles, 12 Noon mini ATV’s, 12:30 youth minis, 1:30 motorcycles, 2:00 micros 3:00 motorcycles, and 4:00 ATV’s. There is NO membership required to race.

We will also hold a motocross practice on Sunday May 13th. Motorcycles and mini bikes will ride on a rotation as needed with big bikes, minis and micros from 10 AM to 3 PM. Quads will ride from 3 to 5 PM exclusively. We separate the motorcycles and ATV’s to keep the track in better condition for everyone.

Our motocross track is a work in progress with mostly natural terrain. We have a variety of strategically placed table top, double and single jumps, most are contoured with the lie of the land; the track is vet friendly. In fact we will hold the second annual Ohio Vintage Motocross and Cross Country Nationals on June 23rd & 24th. We will offer modern motocross classes both days after the vintage racing has completed.

For more information go to www.ActionSportsRacing.com or call 740-594-6686.

Sunstar will provide contingency award certificates for all quad classes at round 2 of the Action Sports Grand Prix Series this Saturday May 12th. Sunstar will provide certificates for a free rear sprocket for each class winner and 40% off certificates for 2nd and 3rd place. Sunstar will also provide year end series awards for all classes and for the Team Harescramble World Championship as well.

The mini quad classes will receive free t-shirts. The mini quad classes begin at 12:00 Noon and the adult quad classes begin at 4:00 PM this Saturday.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/C0rV8p5ZQE8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Been working a bunch and many weekends, I've only ridden once this year on March 28. I think this will make a good season opener for me. This will be a good practice ride for the June AHRMA race. "YEEEEEHAAAA!" :)

If my plastics arrive from Bike Bandit tomorrow I'm thinking I'll do the 11:00 Decade Class on my 98 CR and then 40+ class at 3. My son is coming to race as well.

See you there.

Are big bikes at 11 or 1:30

2012 Action Sports Grand Prix Classes
Fees: Admission $10 per person
1st class $30, $15 each additional class. All “A” classes $30, 100% payback

11:00-Session 1 (Motorcycle)

1. Lightweight Novice (C) (250cc and under)
2. 125/200 B
3. Heavyweight B (251cc and up)
4. Open (125cc and up)
5. 4 Stroke Lightweight (250cc and under)
6. Lightweight A (250cc and under)
7. Open Vintage 125 - Open (PRE 1975)
8. Open Post Vintage 125 - Open (1975-1983)
9. NEW – DECADE CLASS, BIKE MUST BE 10 YEARS OLD TO RACE THIS CLASS, 2002 OLDER

12:00 Noon Session 2 (Youth ATV, production only)

10. ATV 0-70cc (6-11)
11. ATV 0-90cc (5-10)
12. ATV 0-90cc (11-15)
13. ATV Women 0-90cc (8-15)

12:30-Session 3 (Minicycle)

14. 65cc (7-11)
15. Mini Jr. (85cc) (7-11)
16. Mini Sr. (85cc) (12-15)
17. 85cc Novice (7-15)
18. Super Mini (80-112cc 2 St/75-150cc 4 St) (12-16)
19. 4 Stroke Mini (85-125cc) (10-15)
20. Women (65-150cc)

1:30-Session 4 (Motorcycle)

21. Heavyweight Novice (C) (251cc and up)
22. 250 B (2 & 4 stroke)
23. 4 Stroke Heavyweight (251cc and up)
24. Open A (125cc and up) (100% payback)

2:30 Session 5 (Minicycle)

25. 50cc O.I. (4-8)
26. 50cc (4-6)
27. 50cc (7-8)
28. 50-110cc 4 stroke auto clutch (4-11)
29. Women Jr. (10 and under)*

3:00-Session 6 (Motorcycle)

30. Women (125cc and up)*
31. Schoolboy (86-125cc 2st/75-150cc 4st)(must be Big Wheel)(12-16)
32. Schoolboy 2 (151-250cc 4st)(12-16)
33. 16-24
34. 25+
35. 30+
36. 40+
37. 50+
38. Golden Masters (58+)

4:00-Session 7 (ATV)

39. ATV A (100% payback)
40. ATV B
41. ATV C
42. ATV 30+
43. ATV 40+
44. ATV Youth Production (13-15) 300 & under 4 stk. 200 & under 2 stk.
45. ATV Women (16+)

Ok everyone we were watering and ripping the mx track getting it ready for tomorrow and it is AWESOME! If you guys aren't out here tomorrow you better have a really good reason like having a kid or something because there is no reason for anyone to miss the GP Saturday OR the open practice on Sunday. For all you old school guys do you remember the old Fox ads in RacerX when the track is perfectly groomed and wet with the sun hitting it just right? That's what we have in store for the entire weekend. With all of the elevation changes that brings back the old school 70's feel to racing, mainly the hill section which is Ohio's version of Undadilla, you Vet riders will LOVE the track. If any of you haven't been out here before you need to be here this weekend. You can't ask for much better weather or a race track to spend the weekend on. Come on guys load up and be here for an awesome weekend of racing!

Unfortunately guys no practice tomorrow. *With the huge chance of rain and mothers day we have decided to cancel the practice for Sunday. *Bext race will be June 16th with an open practice on the 17th. *Thanks to everyone who came out for an awesome day of racing.

Thanks for another fine day of racing. This week's rain and water run-off made the normally pristine 11:00 track a real challenge. Might have been the toughest session of the day. Well, that is if you stayed out of that one mud hole at 3:00...

What a fun time! We will be back for sure! Hope we can swing June 16th.

I rode both the first session of the day and also the 6th session. Same as K01 and others on here. Jeff667 is fast! First session was tough, I went down once and was there for a while trying to get going. 6th session was much better for me as I was also warmed up and used to the course.

For anyone that doesn't know, GPs are just plain fun. They are not mega-bog tree-root death hare scrambles or gnccs, they are wide groomed trails and parts of the MX track. They are perfect for MX'ers who want to just do something different. You don't need bark-busters and really don't even need hand guards. I ran my RM144 is full mx mode with some plastic roost guards.

I rode two sessions of about 50 minutes each, so you definitely get your money's worth. Action Sports runs a great program as always, the place has good dirt, and the MX track is really fun.

Kari also did her first ever race today! She rode session 2 for the minicycle Women class (65-150cc). She used her Honda since she is more comfortable with the 4-stroke power and the electric start. She did 5 laps on the full course! She had a really good time too.

Good to see some PitRacer regulars I usually don't see.

Can't wait till the next one!

Here is a better video I found of what it's like on race day all prepped up. Today it was very similar to this with a few small differences.

It was good to meet pit and Kari, always nice to put a face with the name. Kari was truely excited to finish the race,[great job] and a second place plaque was icing on the cake. Hope you guys are able to make the next one.

As said, Drew put on another great race. Glad to see a pretty good turnout, hopefully, more people will get out to these and see how much fun they are.

What a good time! Looking forward to next month. My son and myself had a blast. It was his first race back since a broken arm last November and my first race in a couple years. Thanks to all the Action Sports staff for putting on a great event! If you have never done one of these it is alot of fun and the perfect cross over for motocross guys. Come out and see what your missing.

Here is a better video I found of what it's like on race day all prepped up. Today it was very similar to this with a few small differences.

[video=youtube;RYyn2b4amgE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYyn2b4amgE[/video]

That's a great video. They took out a section because of the mud in the valley. They have run the track the opposite direction too, changing some sections along the way. It never gets stale and plenty of prep work goes into the entire course.

Back