Vet bike question

loneranger171

PR Addict
Ok vets....I ride only for fun and got back on the 2 stroke bandwagon last year with a 125.... I like to ride it but sometimes feel like power is lacking... which woud be better and moreI fun a 144 upgrade or a 250 two stroke?

How come no one asks about 500s? Go for one of those and forget about hp.

In all honesty, after riding a 125 recently, I would go for a 144 conversion. That is MY plan for wide eyes and cheap thrills once I am done with my CR500. The small bikes make you feel like superman and still make enough torque to get over most short-run obstacles.

How come no one asks about 500s? Go for one of those and forget about hp.

In all honesty, after riding a 125 recently, I would go for a 144 conversion. That is MY plan for wide eyes and cheap thrills once I am done with my CR500. The small bikes make you feel like superman and still make enough torque to get over most short-run obstacles.

a 500 would cover the fun requirement :)

How about a KTM 300, I think that would be about the perfect bike. Plenty of motor in a modern frame, all the torque you'd ever need and you wouldnt have to change top ends like a 125/144.

For racing - 250.
For just having fun riding most of our local Ohio tracks - 144.

I have an absolute blast riding my 144. I'm WAY too fat for it and am not really competitive racing it but it sure is fun blasting around tracks for practice. Since upgrading to the Eric Gorr 144, I've got a ton of hours on it and have put a ring in it once, and one clutch. They are pretty bullet-proof.

I've not rode a 144, but have plenty of screaming 125 seat time.
I dearly miss having a 125 in my stable and will nab one up when the right deal comes along.

Knowing what makes my heart pump the hardest though is when challenged by someone (in play) and just being able to roll that 250 into an explosive roost with knowledge that I can get from here..... to ....there as fast as I can manage to hang on. The raw power and yelp of a 250cc 2 stroke is awesome for a racer wanna-be like me.

In the +30 class, when I raced regularly, I placed top 3 on a regular basis for years and won the class year end in cra once also all on a bone stock yz125.

125/144! I have a CR139 done by RPM and the thing rips, total blast to ride. Got rid of my 250, I am sure there will be some situations where I will miss it but I do not race much anymore and if I do it should do well in the 2 stroke and +25 classes. I just love how in control I feel on the small bike. I weigh around 155-160 and it goes as fast as I need to go.

Well my first thought was a 144 kit and i think i may head in that direction. Does anyone have an idea of how quick eric gorr turns around jobs like this ? was hoping if i sent it by end of May I might get back by end of June ?

Eric is the way to go for a 144 kit. He did a Husky for me and now on my current RM. I want to say
he turned my RM around in less than 2 weeks? It was during the winter so his lead times may
vary.

If EG has a cylinder on the shelf that he has already converted, it is a fast turnaround. If not, 2 weeks is about right for this time of year. He does give good feedback via telephone. Don't bother trying to email him, as he is busy working. He does good work.

Back