Vet bike question

If you have lots of extra cash. = 167 Rick Peterson engine. I had one on a 1999 yz125.

Eric is the way to go for a 144 kit. He did a Husky for me and now on my current RM. I want to say
he turned my RM around in less than 2 weeks? It was during the winter so his lead times may
vary.
How much does it cost to ship your engine Dave?

I have 3 vintage bikes ported by Gorr, and an RM144 and RM300 by him. Some comments:

-- His knowledge is unbelievable. The porting he has done for my vintage bikes is fantastic.

-- He does excellent work and is very helpful, but he tends to say things like "we'll get that right out to ya....." and then you are wondering where it is two weeks later. If you send stuff up at this time of year just be patient and let it arrive. If you are in a hurry, you will probably get frustrated checking for packages every day.

-- When I put my RM300 together I heard a funny noise when riding it for the first couple of times. A faint "whirring" in the motor that was not familiar to me. After the first weekend of riding it I couldn't take it and tore the topend off to look at it. Turns out he didn't cut the center power valve enough and it was just barely grazing the piston. I called him the next day and he offered to issue me a call tag to send everything back to him to fix ASAP. I really didn't want to wait so I asked him the proper way to grind it down some more, he went over it with me on the phone. I did it myself and he 2nd day shipped me an entire new piston kit and gaskets, for free of course. It's all back together now and runs awesome.

-- the place he uses for re-plating (Millenium I think) does work that makes your cylinder look better than new.

-- for a 144 you need to grind the cases to allow clearance for the bigger piston. It's really not hard to do yourself, just ship him the topend. http://www.eric-gorr.com/super144casemods.html

I had a similar occurance with Erics work. Great overall, but the piston was knicking the powervalve at idle. Eric sticks to some pretty close tollerances to get the performance he does I think. I returned it to him, he repaired it and shipped it to me overnight Saturday delivery and paid me for my shipping to him with a check in the box. Awesome, intelligent, hard working, great guy. I wouldnt go anywhere else.

I would, however, try to loose some of this 210# old body to gain a better HP to weight ratio! Even with the extra weight, the 144 hauls the mail.

Back