Beans Bike Park

The track prep was disappointing yesterday. Not sure what happened but it's rough to drive over 2 hours with the expectation the track will be in "quote" great shape. To have some sections dry, very dusty and not touched with a water truck first session out in the day was frustrating. I got a buddy to make the trip out for the first time and he was very disappointed. I assured him this was the worst prep I had seen at Beans and prep is generally way been better. Thanks for the mid day prep that helped us feel a little better for sure.

I too was very dissapointed with track prep on Saturday based on the claim that it was going to be "through the roof". Either way I had a good time and I'm just glad I had a place to ride on a week that BC was closed.

Team Craig= Todd?

You & Rife were killing it.
DSC00577.JPG

DSC00005.JPG

Sorry guys no time for a 100 photo thread right now, I'm swamped at my "real" job. Sorry I didn't make it Sunday either I had a family issue come up. The photo's I took are here.
https://picasaweb.google.com/106024938516969686208/Beans19May2012V2
& Here
https://picasaweb.google.com/106024938516969686208/Beans19May2012

sorry to hear u guys had a dissapionting day......it always sucks when someone talks the talk but then dont walk the walk..............

I happen to show up right around 12-1230, and yes the track was toasted by then, but there also was about 5-6 quads running the balls off their machines. The dust was bad behind the bikes too, not saying it was not dusty, but the quads were throwing alot of loose soil up into the air. After the afternoon prep around 130 the track was killer. As well as the 4-wheelers left around this time. Stayed till 4 and loving the new layout.

Sure it was dusty, but its also 80 + degrees at noon. I did get the first lap on the fresh prep tho. :) Brrraaaap!

Heck....BJ can't win I guess? I went Sunday and track was still being watered just after 11. Sucks for me cuz I had to leave by two...I thought it would be nice with less water but im sure he did it cuz of the dust. Maybe water not so much at the beginning and then have a intermission after a couple hours and water more then?

I call it constructive criticism. No crying here. I still rode and had a good. Just giving my two cents and still love to ride beans.

Wait we race motocross, cry babies need not apply. When you go to the nationals you get a little of everything. This pitracer page is nothing but a bunch guys crying about are local tracks. One day when you riding figure 8s in your back yard because theres no tracks left, you can just thank yourself for that.

Get bent dude, I had a great time. Maybe that was their 110% effort and I just expecting more.

I went to the vet opening day, then I went the next weekend. Both times the prep was PRIMO !!! Watered well, disced deep, you couldnt ask for any better day. It has been really hot and dry maybe BJ just had a tough time keeping up...... Sounds like it was great later after the second prep

sad to say it but i do think a lot was due to the few quads out there. some dust is whatever but it was actually pretty sketchy through the one section my first few laps it was completely dusty and i couldnt see 3 ft in front of me... last time i was there (last week) it was real rutted through there, so i was going reaaaally slow because i couldnt see if there was ruts or anything there, and some dued came flyin up behind me probabably almost ran into me.

next time i went thru there ijust made sure i spaced myself out a bit from ppl...

have to remember it was reaaaaaaaaaaally hot. probably not enough water in his pond to keep the dust down. after the prep mid day it was good!!

sad to say it but i do think a lot was due to the few quads out there. some dust is whatever but it was actually pretty sketchy through the one section my first few laps it was completely dusty and i couldnt see 3 ft in front of me... last time i was there (last week) it was real rutted through there, so i was going reaaaally slow because i couldnt see if there was ruts or anything there, and some dued came flyin up behind me probabably almost ran into me.

next time i went thru there ijust made sure i spaced myself out a bit from ppl...

have to remember it was reaaaaaaaaaaally hot. probably not enough water in his pond to keep the dust down. after the prep mid day it was good!!

I guess thats my point, and it usually is my point. It was hot, it was dry, its was really hot. Quads arent the real reason. Its the elements that cause the tracks to go away. I have seven years of data to back it up.

I guess thats my point, and it usually is my point. It was hot, it was dry, its was really hot. Quads arent the real reason. Its the elements that cause the tracks to go away. I have seven years of data to back it up.

Allow me to rephrase JO....I "heard" it had something to do with couches on the track but the elements were a greater factor.

it wouldnt have been perfect with or without the quads, but the quads defeinitely didnt help the situation. i had no issues with riding with the quads, they were all very respectful and were not in the way at all. just the dust issue thats all

Sorry if we didappointed anyone but please let me adress a few things. I rode all day and here is what inoticed.
After you pass the tower and go down the hill through the woods and back out it was really really dusty! Thats was 99.9% because everyone is riding on the water truck road. I cant water it so we were screwed. At intermission I rode the water truck on the opposite side of the track to try to water the road and almost got stuck in the mud!!! I however take the blame for it because I crowned that section so the water would run off each side and its just plain okward to ride where its prepped. So that will no longer be an issue the rest of the year.

As far as water is concerned we watered the crap out the night before and all morning. No we didnt run out of water it was muddy and we had to stop in the AM. I am making a new extended sprayer to reach some of the high berms better and the tops of the big tunnels. I did it by hose and it sucked haha!

So to make it better from here on out we are gonna start riding at 10:30 - 1:30 BIKES only! Then from 2:00 till 6:00 Open to BIKES and QUADS. Quads admission will be $15 and bikes $20 no matter what time anyone arrives!

Thanks for all the input as BJ and myself are trying hard to do a great job but in that crazy heat we failed to please all. Please feel free to talk to BJ or myself if you have any issues here on out as I know we cannot please everyone but we will make it right with you.

This weekend Open
Saturdsy Night Lights 6:00 till 11:00 firstof the season Bikes and Quads
Sunday 10:30 -6:00 Bikes 2:00 - 6:00 Quads
Monday same as Sunday!!!

Good explanation! The quads coming at 2 is not a bad idea. Still track time for everyone! I wanted to come down this weekend but ended up riding closer to home and then riding at home after that. We will be down soon!

Back