Vet Day II at Beans Sunday with GP Demo

BJ wants it to be on the 10th the day after High Point. How many of you vets are going and how many want to ride on Sunday after the race? I'll be there because I'm helping Davi Milsaps with his contracts this year. If so what time should we start? 12:00 first 45 minute ride 2:00 the second and 4:00 the third? Let me know your thoughts as it should be fun.

How are you going to do that? There are jumps everywhere?

Well Bean Stalk Mtn we will be going up it so you can't jump it with no lip and most all the front won't be part of the track. I know at 40minutes in I don't feel like hucking any big jumps haha. We will see how it unfolds :)

I am going to HP but will plan to come on the 10th. Will be good practice for the Action GP on the 16th.

I have it marked on my calender and will be down. Will piss off my 19yr old that he can't ride. Then open riding after the 3rd session?

Yes open riding after the third session but it will be GP open riding as the course will be bannered off and backwards through most of the outdoor track. Mainly the woods side wil be used. We won't be open on Saturday BJ and I will be at HP

How are you going to do that? There are jumps everywhere?
We will go up Bean stalk mtn backwards on the down side we stay left around berm then left onto the woods backwards make a left before the top through the woods back onto the track backwards by the road go by the start up the hill go straight by the tower backwards on night track section over little table across to uphill towards center of bean stalk then follow track around to big downhill and back into woods! Was that a continuous sentence haha? See no jumps but a ten foot table top!

Sound new and interesting...count me in....bustin out the mountain bike and not the harley for the next week...lol
u guys open this sunday for normal practice ? I need some stress relief in the form of beans raceway

Yes sir! We are gonna finish filling in the tabletops tomorrow. Then we are going to rip the track up and put down then we are going to rip the track up and it should be primo with the rain we got. The dirt is going to be so good

I'm making the trails six foot wide is that too wide? The six way dozer blade on a bobcat on tracks is awesome for trails!

I have the crew from Crow Canyon coming over tomorrow night to test out the GP track. Should be a good test run before Sunday!!!

Not to be a wuss or anything but with a heat on sunday do you thinkit the first session should be 30 minutes and then go up to 45?

The beauty of Sunday is we will be in the shade 80% of the time! Again it is just a practice session you can ride as long as you want and take a break and go back out. It's 45 minutes total so you could ride 20 minutes grab a quick drink ride 20 more minutes. I'm thinking the 90° weather the GP track is genius to stay out of the sun. After the first session we can modify the times and the riding anyway we want. Thanks for the input any more ideas. Almost every vet raise their hands for a GP track so we should have a good turn out

Shouldn't be that bad with the heat. Just go at your own pace. I am 50 and can't wait. Looking forward to getting into the trees!

Back