Ricky Carmichael in +25 LL

Even though he wouldn't win, can you think of how much more exciting and the number of people that would come to the nationals if he came back to race ?

Watched some videos of him tonight. RC is a class act. He is racing to have some fun, and just seems to be another guy at the track these days, and wants it that way.

What is the point of the GOAT racing at lorretta's? If he wants to ride they should just let him line up on the gate in whatever class and race, no points no championship. He's allready beat everyone in the world, now he wants to beat some weekend warriors. Ha I want to Play basketball on my sons 5th grade team and kicks some butt!

I think he has every right to race. From the videos I saw of his races it did not look to me like he was totally destroying everyone. But it just sucks he is not racing pro sport. That would be the one to see how he does

It's actually pretty cool.
I believe there have been a couple or few top pro riders in history, upon retiring simply walked away and never looked back. If I'm correct wasn't Bob Hannah one of them?

This gives everybody an opportunity (for anybody that can make the final) to line up against Carmichael for fun, bragging rights and good old back in the day stories. And it's especially cool if it draws other ex-pro's to the event.

It's good for spectating, after all who doesn't want to see him keep competing.
I would like to see all of those pro national riders simply, retire up to the "Vet Nationals Racing" like Dubach and Ryan Hughes. And it's nice to see them racing without all of the Hype from the promotors, factories, and advertisers.

And then of course you have some who race Vintage, P-Vintage and Legends events. R-Johnson, Chuck Sun, Howerton, Lackey and even Mcgrath still races I believe.

I would love to see a "pro" seniors class at lorrettas with ex factory boys going at it. Not sure how you would set it up for qualifiying for the event. Maybe if you were in the top 15 for three years or more you could race the class or something.

What is the point of the GOAT racing at lorretta's? If he wants to ride they should just let him line up on the gate in whatever class and race, no points no championship. He's allready beat everyone in the world, now he wants to beat some weekend warriors. Ha I want to Play basketball on my sons 5th grade team and kicks some butt!

He'd been racing Loretta's for eons prior to turning pro and would show up there every year to support the event after turning pro.

I'm sure he gets a big kick out of returning there after he's been retired from pro mx for the last half dozen years. I know I can't fault him for wanting to get the thrill of going back to race and socialize at an event he's been involved with for his entire life.

Yeah its cool and all but +25???? I mean come on really? Should have just stuck to pro sport instead of cherry picking that class.

Yeah its cool and all but +25???? I mean come on really? Should have just stuck to pro sport instead of cherry picking that class.

Oh no no no its not Cherry pickIng. He has every right to race Loretta's as an ex pro. Just ask some ex pros that participate on this board!!

Let him race. I'm going to watch. And I'll certainly have to chuckle about his weight. But still will envy his speed. And I'll probably be envious knowing I spent 500 to watch and have a good time rather than spending 3,000 and be stressed about racing.

I think its cool he is even racing. I dont care what class it is. I would be willing to bet that everyone in 25+ is gonna be pretty pumped to race along side ricky. I would be.

I think its cool he is even racing. I dont care what class it is. I would be willing to bet that everyone in 25+ is gonna be pretty pumped to race along side ricky. I would be.
That was pretty much my point, He is the GOAT, He should be able to show up and race with any class he wants just for fun.

Back