Ricky Carmichael in +25 LL

Watched some videos of him tonight. RC is a class act. He is racing to have some fun, and just seems to be another guy at the track these days, and wants it that way.

If you really, really believe that bs then, you're in a world of your own. He enjoys the racing sure, but for anyone to think that this is all just fun and games for him or any other Pro racer, well that's just nuts. It's money. You can't show up at Loretta's with the same equipment Ricky and Johnson and Stiles and Reynard and blah, blah, blah will have. - Just won't happen! Now how much FUN is it?

What I said has NOTHING to do with the equipment that they are on. And yes, I do believe RC is having fun! Does he want to win, sure.......all racers want to win. But some of the videos and interviews I watched, show him joking and cutting up with other riders, laid back, in the pits. There is no pressure for him. If he was not doing it for the fun of it.....he would be back home. He is not doing it for the money. He has won plenty of that over the years, and lives a pretty modest lifesytle for the cash that he has made.

A lot of ppl are talking about him racing 25+, but does everyone realize in his area qualifier he tried for a pro class. His throttle tube came loose and he got a DNF in the moto. Then moto 2 he went down in a turn and got I think 7th, and end the race only as an alternate. So he did try, but other riders were able to beat him. Also if you watch the video of his regional he has a nice lead yes, but he isn't long gone like how him and Stewart was back kin the day. I almost wonder if his bike isn't all worked out. He tried for a pro class, but didn't make it....

Travis Spader won the ATV pro class in 2000, possibly the last year they had to run TT and MX. Now since he semi retired and came back, he races 30+, 25+, 4 stroke A, and Open A, and usually wins a couple of those each weekend. Those guys should be b1tchin right? Nope, its a challenge. Merrell Crose has beaten Spader a few times. Rise to the challenge 25+ dudes, rise to the challenge.

Ive noticed that Jeremy.. I usually check the national results regularly and try to catch the live timing for the pro classes to see what Uppys up to.. Same deal with Farr when he was going to ride at Steel City a few years back and broke his arm..

Tim actually broke his leg in 30+ in the first turn at Steel City, that was 2010, I wish I had gone......Not to see Tim crash, but i dig riding with him whenever the opportunity presents itself. Got to at Scenic a few years back, well i was on the track at the same time anyway.

The Spader-Crouse battles have been epic this year. Then throw in the dude on a 500 2-smoke that pulled the holespot on both of them in 30+ at High Point.....wow!

Yup, and it was quite controversial.. I was at his house about a week after he did that and he was all pinned up and stuff.. He told me he just got back from sneaking out on his new supermoto ktm. He said his wife hid the "key" but she didnt know about the "keys".. He said he couldnt handle not riding it lol.. One of my good friends (Sam, if you know him) is his team mechanic and ive known Tim for a long time now.. His tracks pretty freakin fun too! All wooded with some pretty sweet jumps.. Dude was and is still sick on a quad or anything with 4 wheels (hell, he also had local A class speed on a bike).. I had a big old pond jump, about 105ft.. He hit it on his quad and over shot it by about 10 feet.. I think anything I learned about motocross on a quad came from WATCHING him lap after lap at my house when him and Mark started testing four strokes..

farr_crash_steel_city_47.jpg

farr_crash_steel_city_50.jpg

Done hijacking!

Back