Budds Creek National Rd05

barrington314

PR Elite
31705_trackphoto_447.jpg

Tomorrow's Red Bull Budds Creek National begins at 1 p.m. live on FUEL, with the 250s going off first, then at 2 p.m. we switch over to NBC network for the opening 450 moto. Then at 3 p.m. the 250s go off again, back on FUEL, and then at 4 p.m. it's the last 450 moto, this time live on NBC Sports Network. Add it all up, and it's four straight hours of live motocross, on three channels, featuring two classes, from one racetrack.... I know it's hard to get your head wrapped around, but it's the sport we have—two classes, two motos—and we're doing what we can to keep it that way and also show it live. Make sure you have fresh batteries in the remote control, and enjoy!
so lets break this down, because i know people are flipping out right now.
LIVE on FUEL TV 1pm ET – 250 First Moto
LIVE on NBC 2pm ET – 450 First Moto
LIVE on FUEL TV 3pm ET – 250 Second Moto
LIVE on NBCSN 4pm ET – 450 Second Moto

live timing and scoring

hangtownschedule-1.jpg

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gWCnR-tY-j0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" width="853"></iframe>

<iframe src="http://www.vitalmx.com/v/6745?width=780&height=440" frameborder="0" height="440" width="780"></iframe>One Lap: Davi Millsaps/Budds Creek - More Motocross Videos

Flipping back and forth between every moto........Gotta love those freakin TV programers that came up with this stupid package. You would think the MX promoters would be negocating a better TV deal.

I will hold put on my helmet and prepare to get blasted from people who don't like changing the channel four times over the course of an afternoon to watch motocross all day.

Please remember: It's not like showing one half of the baseball game on one channel and the second half on another; it's showing two completely different games -- the 250 game and the 450 game -- as they overlap each hour on different channels.

Motocross is not easy to broadcast live -- two different classes, two motos each, four straight hours at a minimum -- but we're getting there. I know working the remote control four times might induce serious arm-pump for some bench-racers, but it's a little to ask for a lot of live (and free) motocross coverage.

DC
MX Sports

Up here in the pits now, ran into andrew short at the grocery store and spoke for a minute that was pretty cool. Should have some good pics by the end of tomorrow.

I will hold put on my helmet and prepare to get blasted from people who don't like changing the channel four times over the course of an afternoon to watch motocross all day.

Please remember: It's not like showing one half of the baseball game on one channel and the second half on another; it's showing two completely different games -- the 250 game and the 450 game -- as they overlap each hour on different channels.

Motocross is not easy to broadcast live -- two different classes, two motos each, four straight hours at a minimum -- but we're getting there. I know working the remote control four times might induce serious arm-pump for some bench-racers, but it's a little to ask for a lot of live (and free) motocross coverage.

DC
MX Sports

That is exactly what they are doing the 1st moto is on NBC, the 2nd moto is on NBCSN...different channels and were I live we do not get NBCSN so I will only get to see one moto and not know the results...that is just Stupid marketing, plain and simple, and it has been that way all season long.

Hmm lets show the first half a football game on CBS then the other half on NFL network...yeah that would go over real well!!!

$ hours is not to long, most footall games last close to that and the game is only a 1 long, Nascar, hmm 3 1/2 hours of driving in circles. There is no reason they can't show the race from start to finish except for one reason...market research...they are testing the waters to see when and who watches...proble is theya re making ot more difficult and shooting themselves in the foot.

Free. Bah don't give me that. It's getting people interested and paying to get into events so nobody can pay our Pros.

We get like 8 straight hours of the summer X games and winter X games on ESPN.......then when its over, they reshow the whole freakin thing! I think someone can step up and get our sport on one channel. Speed Channel is the place for it.......get the contract done. Just my opinion, but that is where I would go and start negociating.

Here is the 250 second moto for those of you that don't have fuel like me. Still trying to find moto one. http://dai.ly/LpCRCk

I dont mind the coverage, dvr had all 4 motos. At least it's better then the gncc coverage were they turn a 3 hour race into a 30 min show and air it a month later.

I dont mind the coverage, dvr had all 4 motos. At least it's better then the gncc coverage were they turn a 3 hour race into a 30 min show and air it a month later.

my directv dvr cant figure it out.. i always end up with half of the races or none at all. i only got moto 2 of the 450s this time ;/

Hate to say yawn on the 450's but Dungey, Reed & Stewart are in their own league flat out smoking the rest of the class. Hopefully Stewart will come back to make it interesting
to watch as the points gap is huge.

Looks like if Dungey stay healthy he will run away this year much as RC & JM did in years gone by.

It makes no sense. I almost prefer the way it was having them run the next day... my DVR keeps recording every single motorcycle event... i really don't care about road events... lol
as for switching the channels no big deal, but i swear it didnt run the way it was stated here. I still havent seen moto2 for the 250's. If speed can do 3hrs for SX i think they can do the 4 hr deal for MX. Heck the was like 7 hrs of golf on this past Sunday... :) I know '> isnt as great as golf, but come on now...

My DVR won't record 2nd 250f moto. It keeps recording 30 minute highlight block that isn't even mx. It's UFC. I hate UFC.

Is there any chance that Stewart will return to racing at Red Bud ? Haven't really heard much about the extent of his injury but this has been a pretty good layoff for him to recover . As much as I like Dungey , I don't want to see a runaway for the championship and it looks like Stewart is the only possible stopper although anything could happen . The 250 class is phenominal and I can't wait to see a couple of those guys move up to the 450s . Imagine Barcia , Tomac , and Bagget mixing things up with a healthy Poto , Reed , Canard , Stewart , and Dungey .

Back