Bc 6-23 & 6-24 Last ride for awhile!

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
This weekend will be the last ride before I take a vacation. There will be a zero percent chance of me being open on June 30th-July 8th. Our next scheduled practice is July 14th. So dont think your gonna pressure me into opening, it isnt happening, my hotel room is booked. Planning for this weekend though, 11-5:00 both days.

There is a possibility of a big green tractor being delivered on Friday.....I guess we'll see.

Keeping the Kubota? Just checking as at some point I have to get another big tractor. I did get a 56hp new kubota that works good. It's light but good for the indoor and as a back up for the out door. The 200hp case I have is now 38yrs old but still works just no pto. I just need a 100hp (pto hp) plus tractor with a pto to run a power harrow I bought a while back. Deciding if I should just get another old pig of a tractor as they are a lot heavier and I don't want to be running around on two wheels with the harrow on as it's huge and heavy. Not so sure a newer tractor is heavy enough unless I go real big and or with weights and I can't afford that at this point. Your kubota carry the front end around of does it track?

This weekend will be the last ride before I take a vacation. There will be a zero percent chance of me being open on June 30th-July 8th. Our next scheduled practice is July 14th. So dont think your gonna pressure me into opening, it isnt happening, my hotel room is booked. Planning for this weekend though, 11-5:00 both days.

You runnin' Sunday Creek?

Keeping the Kubota? Just checking as at some point I have to get another big tractor. I did get a 56hp new kubota that works good. It's light but good for the indoor and as a back up for the out door. The 200hp case I have is now 38yrs old but still works just no pto. I just need a 100hp (pto hp) plus tractor with a pto to run a power harrow I bought a while back. Deciding if I should just get another old pig of a tractor as they are a lot heavier and I don't want to be running around on two wheels with the harrow on as it's huge and heavy. Not so sure a newer tractor is heavy enough unless I go real big and or with weights and I can't afford that at this point. Your kubota carry the front end around of does it track?

Even 1200 lbs of weights and tires loaded its still too light, too tippy for me. It's just big enough to pull the 12 foot disc with 23" blades. Now keep in mind we keep our dirt pretty wet. I'm sure this thing would be fine for a small farmer. But its not big enough for BC. We are trading it in on a jd 7230. The kubota popped wheelies until we put the weights on it. Not enough weight, not enough torque. The 7230 is up around 390 foot pounds, kubota at 250. I wouldn't go below 130 HP Tractor, not lighter than 13,000 pounds, if u buy new.

Matt I cannot make Sunday creek.

Schaweet!! I have to be honest, I likey the 'bota and it does OK, but JO knows of what he speaks...duh! When they get a decent amount of water, the lil' 'bota can't pull it deep and what it can do when it's moist, it works awful hard.

It will be like that Scooby Doo episode with Mr. Green Jean's and the corn stalk monster...um...maybe not. Hoping to actually ride the track this weekend. Maybe Sunday. Might just stay until BC opens so I can take the first lap... :) After that, off to the Silver Lake Sand Dunes!!!!

Oh and just a couple reminders.

1) dont forget your keys for your trailer locks. I have cut the locks off of 2 trailers in the last couple weekends. I dont mind doing it, just trying save you guys money on locks.

2) Check your front axles. I found a front axle nut on the track last Sunday when walking it after riding.

3) Also, check your drain plugs. Oddly enough we didnt see any oil after finding that one, which is even more disturbing. Guys check your stuff.

I have been neglecting mine, and found that three sprocket bolts were loose, and one was missing. yikes.

Oh and just a couple reminders.

1) dont forget your keys for your trailer locks. I have cut the locks off of 2 trailers in the last couple weekends. I dont mind doing it, just trying save you guys money on locks.

2) Check your front axles. I found a front axle nut on the track last Sunday when walking it after riding.

3) Also, check your drain plugs. Oddly enough we didnt see any oil after finding that one, which is even more disturbing. Guys check your stuff.

I have been neglecting mine, and found that three sprocket bolts were loose, and one was missing. yikes.

I lost my fill plug / cap.. lol Most of the oil went on my leg..

No green tractor this weekend :( I am bummed. Just couldnt get everybody to agree on tomorrow. Looks like next week. Tracks will still be decent, but I like my toys. Oh well could be worse.

I am bringing a group on Sunday that includes a couple BC Virgins! One of them happens to be a world renowned MX trainer, 18 year Marine Vet, who lives in NC at Weinert's training facility. The reason I mention this... not only is he one of the guys protecting us at night but I really want to display what awesome dirt we have here in the mid east, and there is no better place than BC. If you could pull out all the stops for Sunday and showcase all your best skills as a Motocross Track Preparation Engineer (MXTPE) your country will thank you for it. I don't want to put too much pressure on you but, I may have mentioned you have your doctorate in dirt preparation. I guess the abbreviations and acronyms before and after your name should look something like this,
DR. .......... MXTPE Thanks for all you do, and we will see you on Sunday.

I am bringing a group on Sunday that includes a couple BC Virgins! One of them happens to be a world renowned MX trainer, 18 year Marine Vet, who lives in NC at Weinert's training facility. The reason I mention this... not only is he one of the guys protecting us at night but I really want to display what awesome dirt we have here in the mid east, and there is no better place than BC. If you could pull out all the stops for Sunday and showcase all your best skills as a Motocross Track Preparation Engineer (MXTPE) your country will thank you for it. I don't want to put too much pressure on you but, I may have mentioned you have your doctorate in dirt preparation. I guess the abbreviations and acronyms before and after your name should look something like this,
DR. .......... MXTPE Thanks for all you do, and we will see you on Sunday.

We try to pull out all the stops everytime we open. Sunday should be epic.

Open again today at 11:00. Tracks should be decent considering the briarcliff bubble is dealing with a drought.

Actually may get to ride the 'Cliff today on something other than the Kabota! Woot! Throwing some blueberry pancakes down my neck then should be back shortly....

Back