Pitracer Exclusive Chillitown Give-A-Way!!!!

Chilli Town MX

PR Addict
We didn't want our awesome Pitracer fans that don't have Facebook to feel left out so here we go!!!

All you have to do is reply to this post about what you like or don't like about Chillitown for your chance to win a free 2012 Chillitown MX T-shirt and 2 free admission passes. The winner will be chosen randomly so sucking up gets you no where...lol....but seriously though we want to hear good and bad....so here is your chance to speak up and get rewarded for it....:cool:

We tried quads last year and no one showed up...out of six races last year we only had a total of five quads show up and that includes all quad classes. And of those five no more than three showed up at once. For some reason quads don't show up for us. Even at our open practices last year we would never have more than one or two show up.

I would love to include quads if we could get them to come...tell me how to get them to show up and I will gladly put them back on the class list and run a race.

Thanks for the reply...good discussion starter!

I like that you get a good turnout. It's nice being able to race against Gibby in 25+ even if all us B riders get half lapped.

The facility is really nice overall. Wish it were closer, but you can't do much about that one :)

Great dirt. Close to home (less than an hour), awesome facility with parking and all. Has the ability to hold a big race down the road. Great to watch the races as a spectator, and everyone there is friendly, and you are doing things like giving free passes out and all to generate some excitment. A few free passes and little things to make the customers happy, and it changes peoples attitudes. Thats how you promote a race. And the last thing, I love night racing, and your bringing it back....but run two motos!

Yeah...it is our hope to be able to bring back a night series to the area. Most of us that remember the Honda Hills night races absolutely loved them. Our facility is set up to be able to handle a night race which is why we are trying it out. Its going to be a learning process for sure. All week we have been working on lighting and trying to get our dark spots addressed.

We are kind of stuck running only one moto this weekend because we are running the Ohio Southwest Series the next morning so we don't want to keep folks up too late. We are also trying to schedule around the big fireworks display that our neighbors (The Chillicothe Paints Baseball) are having. That event will take place sometime between 10 and 11pm. Our July 7th race we will have more flexibility to do two motos and run later if thats what everyone wants.

BTW...I appreciate the chop busting J.O....lol...any chance you can come down and put on a track maintenace 101 course for our guys? Let me know if your interested...I'll have VIP passes waiting...This weekend is going to be a test for us with keeping the track moist. We have unlimited water so thats not going to be an issue. We have a ton of guys that are planning on watering all night Friday night and all day Saturday. We have been watering all week long too. Track will be ready!

Keep the comments coming! We pride ourselves on giving the riders what they want and if we can make it happen we will try...

yeah in the 80s and early 90s I remember running Dirt Country and Honda Hills both at night. It is great because you can do some things Saturday morning and early afternoon, go race saturday night, and still have Sunday to do something. Bring back the night races for sure on a regular basis. We will all understand that this week will be a learning week, so dont think anyone will get too upset with the learning process.

BTW...I appreciate the chop busting J.O....lol...any chance you can come down and put on a track maintenace 101 course for our guys? Let me know if your interested...I'll have VIP passes waiting...This weekend is going to be a test for us with keeping the track moist. We have unlimited water so thats not going to be an issue. We have a ton of guys that are planning on watering all night Friday night and all day Saturday. We have been watering all week long too. Track will be ready!

Once you've started watering, and you've watered to a point where its puddling up, then start chisel plowing, and water and chisel, and so on until you damn near get the tractor stuck, then back it off a hair. It should be so wet that you should be pushing some of it off with the dozer, and mixing dry dirt in there. Switch to discing it to mix it. The areas that are too wet and clumpy, just track them in. None of this will work if you are A) Chisel plowing shallower than 12", and B) using a watering system not capable of 7,000 gallons per hour. There's lesson #1.

In my opinion depth outweighs water quantity

Problem is most people dont have a 4 wheel drive trator that can chisel through deep wet stuff, they sit there and spin and get stuck. You have to be careful too. Last thing people hate is to go to a track when it has not rained and they watered so much it is a mud hole and they are scrapping it off the track. Someone asked why Greenville only got 3 40+ riders a few weeks back. Thats why. We got tired of going up on sunny days to see slop..

One of the additions to this year was a four drive tractor....it will do the job and then some...thanks for the tips JO...i will pass them along to the dirt crew....

Problem is most people dont have a 4 wheel drive trator that can chisel through deep wet stuff, they sit there and spin and get stuck. You have to be careful too. Last thing people hate is to go to a track when it has not rained and they watered so much it is a mud hole and they are scrapping it off the track. Someone asked why Greenville only got 3 40+ riders a few weeks back. Thats why. We got tired of going up on sunny days to see slop..

Doesnt take a 4x4 tractor just a heavy one. My 2wd Massey had no trouble. Weighs 12,000 lbs. If you go deep, it wont be muddy, the water will have somwhere to go. Your creating a flexible layer of moto goodness. I'd rather have one good tractor capable of achieving this, than a few lightweight tractors that cant.

The kubota we had was 4x4, but it could barely do what we wanted. Torque and weight!!

I never made it to Honda Hills, but the night races in the Action Sports days were epic. The pro weekend every year always had full gates and stacked talent. I need to make it down to Chilli, hearing you guys are doing a great job with it!

We have brought in two more light plants since this photo was taken....

Lights.jpg

I must say one of the best things about Chillitown is the communication and involvement they request from their customers. Not only do they ask you for it, but if you have a question about something they actual answer your question or will try to respond if you have a concern. Plus all of the communication is not all in one place. You can find out what is happening not only on their website (that is actually updated, unlike others) but also on here, Facebook, and other favorite gossiping holes. All of the other tracks could learn a lot from Chillitown if they would get out there and talk to their customers and really listen to them.</SPAN></SPAN>

The involvement of the spectators is pretty awesome too! At first I thought, really a T-shirt launcher, but go to a race and watch the kids and even the adults follow that thing around like it is throwing out cash.</SPAN></SPAN>

Pretty cheap hookups are also a plus. Just think about the amount of gas you would use to keep a generator running for that amount of time. It would be pretty close to what they charge and heck you can even use their water too. Plus you do not have to listen to my loud generator at this race. Also, who wants to carry the crappy crap back home with them? Dump it there with them and save some gas mileage on your RV. Don’t want to worry about dumping there? Take your showers there.</SPAN></SPAN>

The track offers a lot to all riders at all different levels, while also providing challenges to some, even though when you see a few pro’s out there it doesn’t seem so challenging. Then again they make all tracks look not so challenging. </SPAN></SPAN>

Only thing I would like to see is one of these types of tracks close to us. If it was closer, we would be there all the time.</SPAN></SPAN>

See ya Saturday and Sunday!</SPAN></SPAN>

John i think that i should get the free entries and i also think that 40+ should be the free sign up class :) Sunday is my wedding anniversary and my wife is going racing all weekend with me Sat and Sun :)!! If she is willing to sweat it out at the track all weekend then if i get free entries i can buy her a wedding gift! :)

Back