How was opening day at OIR? worth the wait?

They are taking a beating on FB. I'm glad I didn't make the trip to take photo's but I hope somebody else did.

I went for a bit just to hang out. I actually busted out the camera for the first time in like 8 years, so cut me some slack on my pics! haha.

I believe it will suffice to say that it was a challenging day for the track crew. Several long delays, a few unfortunate injuries, and even a delay because some kids set one of the fields on fire with fireworks! They had to run down there with track equipment to put out the fire.

Some pics.

Mr. DMX 153 busted out the tiddler
DB1.jpg

OIR1.jpg

OIR2.jpg

OIR3.jpg

OIR4.jpg

OIR5.jpg

Randy2.jpg

Also pretty cool was a couple dudes from Motocross Action Magazine were in town. They came with Dave from Wiseco and rode a couple of the Wiseco bikes. Here is Dennis Stapleton hunting our own Randy Salamon in the 450 A class. You couldn't miss them with their trademark MXA orange helmets on!

Randy1.jpg

Can't post all these pics without showing my good buddy Rich Silvers styling for the camera! Rich won the first motos of +30 and +40 even after this......

Rich1.jpg

Rich2.jpg

Nice pics pit! I have about 1000 I'll be posting either tonight or tomorrow... I second the frustration on the multiple delays, but I did hear that the track owner had a bunch of staff quit on him just recently. Many people were upset, but I am sure the heat (and dust) had a lot to do with that. I noticed 10 (out of 14) riders in one of the classes (450C I think) left before their second moto if that tells you anything. All in all not the best day, but OH can always use more tracks so I hope they don't get bashed too hard for their effort. Chris the track owner seemed like a really nice guy and I am sure he's frustrated too...

IMG_7827.jpgIMG_7880.jpg

PIT those pics are awsome! i will show you some crappy ones!

I too am glad i did'nt race today. I will try it out this fall if we ever get some rain to help them out.
watering is tough right now. Heat , sun,wind all full force.

Struggling with my computer.

have to run compatibility mode and still crashing.

sorry for repeats...

To clear up a point, the only person to recently quit was Chris' partner in this endeavor, Jason. The majority of last years staff quit long before the season started, so there was plenty of time to gather help. The reasons for Jason walking away are countless, but include how his family and friends were treated. As a vetern quad racer Jason brought the experience need to build and maintain a quality track. Ask yourself this why would a partner and friend of 20-30 years just walk away?

To clear up a point, the only person to recently quit was Chris' partner in this endeavor, Jason. The majority of last years staff quit long before the season started, so there was plenty of time to gather help. The reasons for Jason walking away are countless, but include how his family and friends were treated. As a vetern quad racer Jason brought the experience need to build and maintain a quality track. Ask yourself this why would a partner and friend of 20-30 years just walk away?

Did this Veteran quad racer build the new sections of the track :confused:

IMG_7877.jpgPRO Class start
IMG_7842.jpghershy
IMG_7838.jpgDMX153
IMG_7832.jpgHershey
IMG_7828.jpgR.A.M.F.S.
IMG_7825.jpgR.A.M.F.S
IMG_7900.jpg
IMG_7890.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7827.jpg
    IMG_7827.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_7880.jpg
    IMG_7880.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 252
Jason, the vetern quad rider, was not responsible for building the new sections. For that you can thank the owner.

I see Dungey made it lol

Yup he did. He ditched Nike boots for Gaerne's though. He was trying to follow Bernard on his 125 but couldn't keep up. You know Bernard, always teachin lessons!

All jokin aside, that KTM is bad ass and so is Dave on his 125 lovin life! Even some of the money riders could learn something from Dave.

Talked to a few people that went.... things arent looking good.... word was that it was 330 when my buddy left and they were on moto3 of the second set

Talked to a few people that went.... things arent looking good.... word was that it was 330 when my buddy left and they were on moto3 of the second set
The second motos didn't start till after 4:00 and the pros only ran their first moto. No second moto for the pros. The track prep sucked.

Back