Braircliff

As a racer you only had to go up against the few folks that fit in your very narrow class description.
On an open day, everyone that is faster than you will blow right past….may be on a mini or even a quad……..and for some, I think that’s even harder on their ego’s.
<O:p

I am interested in trying a gp for 2013, but not part of the Battle for Ohio. As far as that race goes, we may expand to qualifiers next year, or possibly two days of racing. We will see how it goes. It's in the hands of the racers. I Will not try to do more if the demand simply isn't there. FYI, the rain out date is september 9th.

nothing bums me out more than getting passed by a quad at the cliff. thats a straight kick below the belt lol

HAHA!

I`ll remember that when I wanna reduce your self esteem a notch.. Can you imagine if a fat guy on a quad passed you! lol

One factor that may limit a Briarcliff race attendance could be intimidation.

There are many who love everything about Briarcliff, may be Briarcliff regulars, and semi regular racers but may not feel they can race on the main track. There are many who just love the other track and spend all of their time there. The main track is just too much for them. I've talked with a few that avoid COCR for the same reason.

I cant understand that. While I understand a few of the jumps are large they are safe. You dont need to jump everything to go fast. And the track is so wide you can get out of peoples way very easily.

Bring it on, Im in! I may stink the place up but I will be there with bells and bunny ears !

There are many who love everything about Briarcliff, may be Briarcliff regulars, and semi regular racers but may not feel they can race on the main track. There are many who just love the other track and spend all of their time there. The main track is just too much for them. I've talked with a few that avoid COCR for the same reason.

I'd agree with that. BC is upper level to many, but not upper level to the upper level. I think the track is easy. Little tough, but easy for the most part. I hope I have more zero'd on fun rather than difficulty. But again this is part if what hurt us in 2008. Everyone perceived the track as difficult.

[

Yup, <O:p</O:p
and with that said .... I think it would be wise to split up the age classes into A-B-C as much as possible. At a bare minimum A/B is one group and C (non triple) a second group. <O:p</O:p
NQ1965..... would that group (a very large group) be more inclined to race BC if there was a Vet C (non-triple) class?<O:p</O:p

[

Yup, <O:p</O:p
and with that said .... I think it would be wise to split up the age classes into A-B-C as much as possible. At a bare minimum A/B is one group and C (non triple) a second group. <O:p</O:p
NQ1965..... would that group (a very large group) be more inclined to race BC if there was a Vet C (non-triple) class?<O:p</O:p

Oh for sure. We ran a 30+ C back in the day. I will have an official class list this month. As far as the no tripling. I don't know about that. I Will consider it. For those not in the know. We had a bunch of classes when we ran races. We are considering 50+ for this one. I may have mutiny on my hands if i don't run it.

I'd agree with that. BC is upper level to many, but not upper level to the upper level. I think the track is easy. Little tough, but easy for the most part. I hope I have more zero'd on fun rather than difficulty. But again this is part if what hurt us in 2008. Everyone perceived the track as difficult.

Make it tough but not too dangerous to keep the big injuries down....something to keep the C riders for being able to do stupid stuff on things they are not ready for yet.
Like before a big do or die triple make an out of the corner double only experts can do to keep the spodes from hurting themselves or someone else. Guess on race day you
could banner & run Expert section only. Don't know how for sure to do this but you are the master at keeping everyone happy much in the same way the Hand family does.
Hope to be riding again one of these years & finally make it to the Cliff.
Maico Mark

It is on my schedule for the 26th of August. As for a A/B class and a C class.......I would stick with the AMA classes or D 11 classes. A classes, and B/C riders together. Just my opinion. Do you plan to run 65s on the big track too, or will you run them on your smaller track?

Guess I need to make one trip over before that to get the track down so I dont get smoked too bad on race day.

Guess I need to make one trip over before that to get the track down so I dont get smoked too bad on race day.
My bet is it will take more than one trip.
How far is it for ya?
for us up here it's 2 hours .....give or take 10min..

P.S. I think Matthew would have a BLAST at BC on an Open Ride Day….
<O:p</O:p

It is on my schedule for the 26th of August. As for a A/B class and a C class.......I would stick with the AMA classes or D 11 classes. A classes, and B/C riders together. Just my opinion. Do you plan to run 65s on the big track too, or will you run them on your smaller track?

John our classes will closely mimic the d-11 stuff except the mini extra classes. I want this to be day for everyone. I want us to be able to execute it efficiently. Therefore, we will stick to the basic 50 classes. All three of them. Two 65 classes. 7-9 & 10-11. Then mini Jr and mini sr. That and supermini. That's enough. Everyone on the big track. If im billing This as a state championship, then all will race the championship track.

We may run the 50s and 65s four laps though. Everyone else should do 5.

Except the Pro/Money class they run at least 10.

My bet is it will take more than one trip.
How far is it for ya?
for us up here it's 2 hours .....give or take 10min..

P.S. I think Matthew would have a BLAST at BC on an Open Ride Day….
<O:p</O:p

It looks like it is about 2 hours and 15 minutes for us.

I like the "less" classes thing JO. Around D 11, they are running 65 7-11, and 65 extra (no points). I would run 65 7-11, and go to one rather than two classes. The gate will be fuller. Less laps is fine. I know Matthew always prefers to run the regular track where ever we go. I am going to look to get out there soon, so if you see a blue Yamaha #250, stop me and introduce yourself.

Takes me an hour and a half to Dayton.

I Will kick the 65cc class around. I prefer the 7-11. We would stagger the two anyway. I guess if we have too many we could split it. Maybe one big mini extra. Mini BA class.

I think it's pretty simple. Most people in this economy want more bang for their buck. I can ride all day for $20-$25. Come and leave when I want, and I'll get more riding in the first hour than I would all day at a race.
X2
I went to 'The Cliff" for the first time this year and it is awesome! The track prep is second to none! The A-B track is a perfect blend; its safe yet challenging. Its a 4+ drive for me so I agree with above.

Back