Action Sports Grand Prix Championship Round 4 July 14th!!!

ActionSports

PR Addict
Round 4 of the Action Sports Grand Prix Championships will be this Saturday, July 14th. For anyone who has not raced any of our grand prix events this year, this is your last opportunity to get your first race of the minimum five required races to be eligible for championship awards. There will be NO open practice on Sunday, July 15th. Also there is NO membership required to run any Action Sports events.

The weather forecast for this weekend shows chances of rain so keep checking with our Facebook page for up to date news regarding the race.

For more news on Action Sports, like us on Facebook.com/ActionSportsRacing, and follow us on Twitter @ActionSportsMX.

See you at the races!

Drew, Kyle and Ryan Wolfe
Action Sports Promotions
www.ActionSportsRacing.com

Wish I could make it, Planning on going August 11th. I have never raced a GP, do I need to bring anything that I wouldnt bring to an MX race?

Depending on how the GP is set up / structured - I would say just bring more fuel as GP's generally equal more riding especially if you run multiple classes.

Not really. Just look at it as a 50 minute moto. Some people wear camelbacks and all that, I don't.

Hope no rain, keep us posted as I'm planning on Saturday!

Not really. Just look at it as a 50 minute moto. Some people wear camelbacks and all that, I don't.

Hope no rain, keep us posted as I'm planning on Saturday!

50 minutes?? I hope 2.5 gallons will make it. Do they typically have a pit area? I would assume for re-fueling.

You will be fine. I haven't stayed and watched the quads but I don't think any of them have an issue.

Riding my RM144 I use about 2/3 of a tank. You're not WFO, you are winding through woods for a lot of it.

A true statement.
I even stop at the 25 minute mark to check my tire pressure, oil and race stickers. You just can't be too safe these days. And then I still come in 3rd in my class. :)

For anyone who has not raced any of our grand prix events this year, this is your last opportunity to get your first race of the minimum five required races to be eligible for championship awards.

Hey guys, I'm not understanding this. Is there a date missing from your schedule? I'm counting that if you race this event and all the rest you will only have 4 races in, not 5.

I thought the same thing when I ran trevors GP. Popped the cap after and had 3/4 of a tank. It was 45 minutes plus 1 lap.

It's interesting that GP's are so popular.
It's kind of like the sport is getting back to its scrambles roots.

It's interesting that GP's are so popular.
It's kind of like the sport is getting back to its scrambles roots.

In my case, I like not having to be at the track ALL day, no do or die jumps, and the tracks are usually fun. Also, the tracks don't kill your bike like hare scrambles usually do. At 52, I wouldn't still be riding if the GP's had not started around here.

Learned my lesson today. No more racing the '73 360MX in the mud. Too heavy, too much work. I'm tired...

Learned my lesson today. No more racing the '73 360MX in the mud. Too heavy, too much work. I'm tired...

KO- sounds like you are getting too old..LOL...but what do I know other than you need an old Maico for your collection as they are great in the mud.

76 AW 250 or 400, 450's are a blast in the mud with the 81 490 being the King as I raced one up until 1992 and the muddier it was the bigger my lead was!

GP's are a blast & always enjoyed the shorter day with lots of track time.

Maico Mark

Maybe too old... I have a '74 400 Husky that does well in the mud. The 360 Yamahas are a blast when there is decent traction but become a handful in slick mud.

Back