250f vs 125

Here's a graph of HP vs. RPM. As you can see four strokes pull harder and longer with the exception of the 125sx. I couldn't find a graph of torque vs. RPM but I'm sure one exists.

0.jpg

Tod leaf through the threads and read the motocross action article on 4 vs 2. Good read. Can't remember where it's at though, was hoppin on the main page about a week ago or two perhaps.

Looked back about 3-4 weeks total but didnt find the article. Will try to find it on the net instead...
Thanks Georgie.

You guys are all over the place on this one. I mean in regards to comparing 2 strokes to 4 strokes. 125 to 250 f \ 250 to 450 F. Chris loves riding the 250 2 stroke but when it comes to a serious race he would choose the 450F. I am not sure I agree with putting 250 2 stroke in with 250F but I don't know what the answer is because most 125 can not compete with 250f and 250 2 stroke can not always hang with 450F. Now I am talking stock bikes. Depends on the rider and a lot on the track. I can remember Kenny Henry really putting it to Chris at area 330 (chris was on the 2 stroke) but a few weeks later at Amherst it was a different story. Same bikes, same riders, different track. Should add they are both good A riders so the comparison is a good one.

Displacement vs. Displacement let the technology that works best for you win. Saying you can put a 250 against a 250f in my mind is like saying you can put a heavyweight fighter vs a heavy weight fighter. Putting a 125 against a 250f is like sending a light weight fighter to take on a heavy weight because the heavy weight fighter is out of shape and needs a handicap. You will not hear me play down the advantages of a 4 stroke and try to make a 2 stroke sound like a superior machine. The fact is they are both good just at different things. But we need to make the rules cc vs cc if either bike is superior that bike will be superior.

Back