Loretta Lynn Moto Order is now available

So I was talking to Kip B. at Mid Ohio yesterday......jokingly I said "hey if you keep kicking all these guys out of Vet B/C I might have a shot of getting in!" He asked what alternate slot I was and I told him 6th, he replies with "well you are 5th now because I just kicked out another guy today!"

He said the guy he kicked out Friday has qualified for LL 22 times and raced the 450 Pro Sport class in 2009.

I just don't get why these guys want to drop back and try to win Vet B.

Can you say Practice Sticker??? I think they are cracking down and Davey Coombs said that anyone that has ever held a pro license (whether they made a show or not) will no longer be eligible for the class starting next year.

Can you say Practice Sticker??? I think they are cracking down and Davey Coombs said that anyone that has ever held a pro license (whether they made a show or not) will no longer be eligible for the class starting next year.

Well, guess I'll wait and see if this is actually written into the rules for next year.

Regardless, I better make the best of it this year! Guess my letter from the AMA, granting me B status 15 years ago, means nothing under these guys making decisions these days. They are doing a good job of changing many rulings of the past.

Gives me reason to try some other events while I can ride, Mini-O's, Ponca, and go west like the Pit crew did a few years back for the Vet Nationals. Plenty of other good stuff to ride and race without Lorettas.

Gives me reason to try some other events while I can ride, Mini-O's, Ponca, and go west like the Pit crew did a few years back for the Vet Nationals. Plenty of other good stuff to ride and race without Lorettas.

Not sure I would go to Ponca. Over the years it has seemed to lose some of its status and with this years split (NMA running a "national" at Norman, OK and the guys from Mill Creek promoting Ponca) attendence is down. Of course Ponca does have an B/C class for every age group (25+, 30+, 35+. and 40+). On the other hand, they only had 1 entry in 25+ B/C....guaranteed podium!!! The other classes were not much better, with 5. 9. and 8 entries repectively.

bruce

It's best just to wait and see what the official rules come out with next year and see how it affects each individual rider. But, there are some other good Vet Races out there...... the World Vet MX Championships in beginning of November at Glen Helen is cool, the Mammoth Mountain Vet Weekend is cool, following the entire Vet MX series that Red Bud Vet Fest falls under would be cool too..... hitting some of the GP races that are big would be nice.... Michigan and Indiana both have a big one in the fall.

Of course most of the Vet Events preclude Mitchy from riding too, so you have to see where you want to spend your time. There is always the +35 and +40 class at Loretta's where you can have Mitchy race the 50's and 65 next year. It's about 6 bikes away from you needing to make a decision anyway!

Mini o's is my favorite. It's a great location. You can ride numerous places the week before, race during thanksgiving and hit up Disney world the week after, or personally my favorite time was when we went to key west after. Was only 11 but man I can close my eyes and still see the white sand and crystal blue water.

Back