Loretta Lynn's Favorites?

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
Who are the ones to watch this year at LL? Other than RC of course.
I really haven't been keeping up with minis or amateurs.

Who is the favorite for the 1-1-DNF in Vet B/C this year?

I'd settle for the 1-1-DNF. That would put me around 15th or so? I'll take it! Honestly though, there was a guy named Jeffrey Cain that beat Lindsey all three motos at the TX regional. He or Tewksbury may be candidates.

Of course, I'm anxious to see the Alix/Webb battles in 250 stock and mod. I also have to think AC will win the superminis.

AC? you mean that pro circuit rider.Oh yes thats right this is supposed to be Amateur National. From our experience the only classes that have true amateurs are pw shaft drives and possibly most of the vet riders. Its prettty bad when even an 8 yr. old heads to big Cobra Rig to get his bike.

Go for the fun of it because you will never get any recognition for anything that you do there. I think we will be cheering on Jeremy Hand. Send me a list of Vet guys and classes and I will cheer for you also.

Krick and Tow from the Red Bud Region are both very fast riders that were ahead of the rest of the field in lap times in the Vet B class from the Mid East. I haven't seen any of the other guys......usually there are 1 or 2 guys that are clearly faster than everyone else at Loretta's in the Vet B every year, their lap times are lower by seconds per lap for all or at least 1/2 of the moto... The rest of the field (usually between 3 - 25th place) are all running very similar lap times and the start / first lap is the big difference as to where you will finish at the end of the race. Of course conditioning has it's help at the end of the race too, but you can gain about 5 spots toward the end if you're in way better shape than the guys that started in front of you who are not able to last 20 minutes.

It's a crap shoot, good starts, clean first laps, and good luck are all needed to do well down there.......

A couple of my favs.

- Joey Savatgy 250/450A Suz #76
- Curren Thurman, 250B mod Honda #91
- Ryan Holley 250C stock/mod Yam #89
- Beau Baldwin 2-stroke Yam #70
- Matt Bisceglia 250B mod Hon #95
- Justin Summers 250A Suz #40

Here are a few to watch:
Pro Sport: Zach Bell
250A: Bell, Dillan Epstein, Jeremy Martin, Joey Savatgy
250B stk: Dakota Alix, Nick Gaines, Shane McElrath, Jace Owen, Cooper Webb
250B mod: Alix, Bisceglia, Thomas Covington, Gaines, Hector Rodriques, Webb (this class is stacked!!!)
450A: Epstein, Martin, Savatgy
450B stk: Bisceglia
450B mod: Tyler Enticknap, McElrath, Rodriquez

bruce

Here are a few to watch:
Pro Sport: Zach Bell
250A: Bell, Dillan Epstein, Jeremy Martin, Joey Savatgy
250B stk: Dakota Alix, Nick Gaines, Shane McElrath, Jace Owen, Cooper Webb
250B mod: Alix, Bisceglia, Thomas Covington, Gaines, Hector Rodriques, Webb (this class is stacked!!!)
450A: Epstein, Martin, Savatgy
450B stk: Bisceglia
450B mod: Tyler Enticknap, McElrath, Rodriquez

bruce

I like Rodriguez. Good guy. We were pitted by him at Aonia. He did all the bike work, washed his bike after every moto. Very down to earth and real. Hope he does well. Chase Bell and Donny Brown in Schoolboy 1 are worth watching.

I recognize some of those names however, I want to root for the local boys not the ones who have all the spons
ership. I like the underdog. I don't like the ones who have all the advantages-I want the true amateur. You don't understand we are from Akron Ohio and we always root for the underdog. LOL

Look no further than Vet B for your true amateurs from home to root for...

Darin Zaremba - Avon, OH age 40 YAM YZ450FWorks as a Police Officer
Rich Silvers - Doylestown, OH Age 41 or 42 KAW KX450F and works as a flooring contractor
Chris Opliger - Orrville, OH Age 41 or 42 and just switched from SUZ RM 250 to Honda CRF 450
Christian Moist - Miamisburg, OH Age ? - Racing a RM 250 2 Stroke, Double cheer for 2 stroke and Ohio
Tim Conti - Louisville OH Age ? - Racing a Honda?
Robin McClain - Westlake, OH Age 43 Husaberg FX 450 (really?) works as a industrial sales rep selling wire and Loretta's rule translator

The Vet B Class is filled with normal guys that work for a living and are paying their own way for the fun of it all. 6 guys from Ohio this year but I don't think any of us are favorites in the class based on our regional finishes, with the best being Opliger's 4th at North Central with Zman in 5th. So none of us are coming in as ones to watch. But I know that with good starts, Zman, Silvers, Opliger, and I can all run inside the top 10 at Loretta's in the Vet B class. I don't know Moist or Conti at all so I can't comment on their speed, but I'll be rooting for them and anyone else from Ohio.

A good battle brewing is the possible battle between Michigan's John Grewe (who is a normal guy) and Doug Dubach in the +45 class. Grewe won the +40 class a few years back and still really hauls the mail (think +40 that still jumps Larocco's leap regularly). He's not been back to Loretta's in the past few years, but I want to see how he stacks up against Dubach who absolutely owned the +45 class last year! In 2009, +45 Dubach Fastest, but got beaten by Walker in +40, who got beat by Johnson in +35, who got beat by Reynard in +25........ each step down in age came another gear in speed and it was amazing to see those guys all battle each other. Unfortunately, no Keith Johnson this year!

I've know Christian Moist for a long time......watch out for him. He is very capable of a top 15 at Lorrettas for sure. He is usually a good starter (at locals), and rides a RM 125 as well as anyone on a small 2 stroke. He will make a 250 2 stroke scream too I am sure. Great guy who comes from a good family.

Look no further than Vet B for your true amateurs from home to root for...

Rich Silvers - Doylestown, OH Age 41 or 42 KAW KX450F and works as a flooring contractor

I have only seen Rich ride a few times this season but it seems he has really picked up his game a lot! I think he will do well this year...

I will be sure to write those down and try to watch. Robin what is your number and class. I know you are a vet rider but I don't know that I caught what class you are in. I wish Dave Hand was going. I know he qualified but didn't want to go. In years past we would always try to watch his motos. It is one that I know. There are a few others that we have watched over the years but I don't always remember who they are. I am pretty bad at names. I see a face and then have to rack my brain trying to place a name to it. I can understand. We are always being called Mr. and Mrs. Carr. The name is Kinsey Kathy and Larry. Heathers (Chris Mom) last name is Thorla and she is called Mrs. Carr often also. We normally just go with the flow.

I'm in +35 Moto 2 and Vet B/C Moto 22. I race twice on Tuesday, than once a day every day after that. I'm running #63 for Loretta Lynn's but normally am #163 at home. And I can almost guarantee that I'm the only rider on a Husaberg in the entire event.... We will be parked up at the top of stage coach hill past the general store somewhere up at the very top... come say Hi. I've got a Blue / Grey Sprinter Van with blacked out windows.

You guys all talkin about this LL stuff makes me think that I can't wait for a couple years to go by.. Looking forward to trying to get to the ranch again for 30b/c..

I don't know where we will be parked but first year there we had hookup and we parked at the top by the store. It was a good spot except that people going to the store would try to park in our area (we were very first on the top) and we had to watch to make sure they didn't block us in. Russ Collier was working there then and he had them ribbon some of it off to try and prevent some of that. So I will take a ride around on the mule and see I can see ya. Do you know my husband Larry or my Grandson Chris Carr? I know my daughter said she knows who you are. Larry and Chris will be going down early. I think Heather and I will drive down Sunday or wee hours of the night and arrive Monday.We both have to work. It is hard for me to be away from our business for too long. I will have to try and get all my work done on Sat. so as not to overload my other daughter with all my work. I would like to be there for practice. Unless Chris somehow manages to get into pro sport (slim to none chance) he won't race till Wednesday in 2 stroke. Bummer we will be one of the classes closing the show down on Saturday.

Back