Loretta Lynn's Favorites?

I might. Who knows what ill have by then. Idealy a 450 would be more competitive but the 2 stroke is fun.

I might. Who knows what ill have by then. Ideally a 450 would be more competitive but the 2 stroke is fun.

I went to Lorettas 2 years ago, in the VetB/C, on my 05 YZ250 2 stroker. The regional that year was at Baja and the light bike worked well there. At Lorettas I wish I had my 450.

This year I have the 450. Now if my body would heal up, I might be able to confirm the bike u should bring.

I don't know where we will be parked but first year there we had hookup and we parked at the top by the store. It was a good spot except that people going to the store would try to park in our area (we were very first on the top) and we had to watch to make sure they didn't block us in. Russ Collier was working there then and he had them ribbon some of it off to try and prevent some of that. So I will take a ride around on the mule and see I can see ya. Do you know my husband Larry or my Grandson Chris Carr? I know my daughter said she knows who you are. Larry and Chris will be going down early. I think Heather and I will drive down Sunday or wee hours of the night and arrive Monday.We both have to work. It is hard for me to be away from our business for too long. I will have to try and get all my work done on Sat. so as not to overload my other daughter with all my work. I would like to be there for practice. Unless Chris somehow manages to get into pro sport (slim to none chance) he won't race till Wednesday in 2 stroke. Bummer we will be one of the classes closing the show down on Saturday.

Yes, I know Chris, Larry, and Heather from over the years. They will know where to direct you to find me once they are down there! And great for you guys on the Hookup again this year!

I recognize some of those names however, I want to root for the local boys not the ones who have all the spons
ership. I like the underdog. I don't like the ones who have all the advantages-I want the true amateur. You don't understand we are from Akron Ohio and we always root for the underdog. LOL

Dont you pay for all of Chris's racing? Thats an advantage most others dont have.

Yes, as a business owner I have always been able to sponcor Chris. But let me set you straight. When the economy took a dump we hurt like everyone else. Our bikes are far from new -- 250f is an 09-- 450F is an 11 and the 2 stroke is an 07. We baby them along just like everyone else. We had our fingers crossed that the 2 stroke would stay togeather through the regional and our 450 sounded anemic compared to the other bikes in pro sport. We did freshen up the 2 stroke for LL but the 450 is still waiting! So now I have been open and up front here so let me ask you who pays for your racing -- am I speaking to the adult or the child here?
I would like to add that just because I own my business I do work and I probably work more hours than most do at a regular job and I seldom get time off.Chris also works for me part time ( looking for full time) and gives up any money he wins to pay for future entries and practice. So just what is your point here?I am sorry if I sound a little put off but I find your comment completely out of order. Jealousy is an ugly face.! The riders I was referring to are about as close to factory sponcored as an amateur can legally be. Anyone who has ever been to Lorettas will attest to that fact. Great for them. I am sure if we were given a bike we would welcome the help. However, I personally would rather cheer on the kids who are doing thier very best on probably inferior equipment. Even the "older" big kids!!

So just what is your point here?I am sorry if I sound a little put off but I find your comment completely out of order. Jealousy is an ugly face.! The riders I was referring to are about

Get used it. However, if you really want to ruffle some feathers bring up the point that Chris went from minis to B class...

Yes, as a business owner I have always been able to sponcor Chris. But let me set you straight. When the economy took a dump we hurt like everyone else. Our bikes are far from new -- 250f is an 09-- 450F is an 11 and the 2 stroke is an 07. We baby them along just like everyone else. We had our fingers crossed that the 2 stroke would stay togeather through the regional and our 450 sounded anemic compared to the other bikes in pro sport. We did freshen up the 2 stroke for LL but the 450 is still waiting! So now I have been open and up front here so let me ask you who pays for your racing -- am I speaking to the adult or the child here?
I would like to add that just because I own my business I do work and I probably work more hours than most do at a regular job and I seldom get time off.Chris also works for me part time ( looking for full time) and gives up any money he wins to pay for future entries and practice. So just what is your point here?I am sorry if I sound a little put off but I find your comment completely out of order. Jealousy is an ugly face.! The riders I was referring to are about as close to factory sponcored as an amateur can legally be. Anyone who has ever been to Lorettas will attest to that fact. Great for them. I am sure if we were given a bike we would welcome the help. However, I personally would rather cheer on the kids who are doing thier very best on probably inferior equipment. Even the "older" big kids!!

Just asked a question, many riders have to work and pay for their own bikes and racing and just dont have the money to do all that Chris has done but yet you kinda complain about other riders getting more suport. Im not trying to get you cranked no reason to but from what I have heard and may be wrong you pay for everything wich would make you a full blown sponsor and Chris wouldnt have to pay for anything. Im am great friends with Alex Frye and his family and talk with Dan alot and Alex had 5 national titles before anyone even talked to him about a factory ride before that everything was out of his pocket.The point if if these kids get the big suport its because they put the time in way beond what others may think or even understand. Again Im sorry if you thought my post was a stab or anything like that.

Apology accepted however I don't do anymore for Chris than any other parent or grandparent. Chris was in school when we got these bikes for Chris and we still have the same bikes. Here you ago all this on heresay again. If I had the money I would do more for Chris and perhaps even other riders. I certainly can't compare what Chris gets from us to some of the other sponsored riders. Plus I was not complaining. I merely stated that I would rather cheer for those less fortunate. I know many talented riders and they do not get the support they should. I do feel some of it takes away from the true national amateur status that LL stands for. It is the nature of the beast. Many of these kids are home schooled and do nothing but run the country from race to race. Chris wanted to this and both his Mother and us would not allow it. School is so much more important.

Yes, George you are correct Chris went from minis to B. I remember being at Budds Creek trying to qualify in 250B and 450B. Chris was 14!! He was pushed into A the minute he turned 16. We were preparing to go to Summit Indoor in B when we got the notice.

Apology accepted however I don't do anymore for Chris than any other parent or grandparent. Chris was in school when we got these bikes for Chris and we still have the same bikes.

I had to buy my own bikes when I was in high school. Last bike that was bough for me was an 80. Would I have ever gotten any better had I been given a better opportunity? Who knows, honestly - probably not. But for some (many) of us the opportunity is/was just never there.

If you want to adopt a grandson or something just let me know.

Apology accepted however I don't do anymore for Chris than any other parent or grandparent. Chris was in school when we got these bikes for Chris and we still have the same bikes. Here you ago all this on heresay again. If I had the money I would do more for Chris and perhaps even other riders. I certainly can't compare what Chris gets from us to some of the other sponsored riders. Plus I was not complaining. I merely stated that I would rather cheer for those less fortunate. I know many talented riders and they do not get the support they should. I do feel some of it takes away from the true national amateur status that LL stands for. It is the nature of the beast. Many of these kids are home schooled and do nothing but run the country from race to race. Chris wanted to this and both his Mother and us would not allow it. School is so much more important.

Yes, George you are correct Chris went from minis to B. I remember being at Budds Creek trying to qualify in 250B and 450B. Chris was 14!! He was pushed into A the minute he turned 16. We were preparing to go to Summit Indoor in B when we got the notice.

I respect what you do for Chris as my grandma was my sons biggest fan and when she was alive she loved watching him race(when it was close) she helped with gear entry and just whatever she could because she wanted him to have fun doing what he loved. I use to take alot of pics a few years back that is because as she got worse she couldnt make the races as much but after every race we would go over to her house and show her the pictures tell her stories about how racing went and Scottie would allways give her his trophies and she would have the biggest smile on her face .I have had people post on here how I was spending grandmas money and making all kinda jokes about it but no one knew the real truth and why we did what we did. I miss my grandma and Scottie misses his biggest fan heck most of the time he dont even get his trophies anymore. Your doing a great job backing Chris keep up the good work.

I'm happy that we got that all cleared up. I meant what I said about jealousy being an ugly face. We have grown away from some of the friends we had at the local level and at times I believe it is a jealousy thing. I don't say this lightly and I certainly don't want anyone to take offence to it. It hurts me a lot and I know it bothers Chris.

Wow.....we are debating how much someone pays for their kids bikes, racing, etc. I think it is fair to say, we all make some sacrafics to get our kids on bikes, to the track, racing, etc. Some more than others. It is an expensive sport. Most kids could not race without the help of parents.

Wow.....we are debating how much someone pays for their kids bikes, racing, etc. I think it is fair to say, we all make some sacrafics to get our kids on bikes, to the track, racing, etc. Some more than others. It is an expensive sport. Most kids could not race without the help of parents.

Yea especially today. Nobody can race on FT McDonald's income. Or other min wage job that kids usually have if any job at all.

And so what if you got the money to spend on your kids and it makes your family a stronger unit then do it. Atleast with mx it instills the drive into the young person to become successful enough to fund their love for mx later in life.

And....if you're fortunate enough to run a business that your kids can work for that's great too. I hate how peoe whine because someone has an opportunity to work. Just because your dad built a business why does it make you a failure for working for him. ? (or any family member )

Yea especially today. Nobody can race on FT McDonald's income. Or other min wage job that kids usually have if any job at all.

And so what if you got the money to spend on your kids and it makes your family a stronger unit then do it. Atleast with mx it instills the drive into the young person to become successful enough to fund their love for mx later in life.

And....if you're fortunate enough to run a business that your kids can work for that's great too. I hate how peoe whine because someone has an opportunity to work. Just because your dad built a business why does it make you a failure for working for him. ? (or any family member )

McDonalds lol thats funny because we service 9 of them and do 4 of the owners houses. So I kinda work for McDonalds lol. But ya besides K100 Fuel Treatment Scott's Lawn Care pays for everything BUT Scottie is my main worker and has been for the past 4 years he puts in 8-12 hrs almost every day and in the winter he has sat in the loader for 27 straight hrs plowing and he maintains all our trucks, mowers , loader just everything. We are at the low end of this sport but he works for everything he has and then some. Could you imagine where he could be if alls he did was train and ride? Some day

At least your smart enough to make him work. I'm sure you could pay for him to ride and let him just ride every day. but even then the chance of him "making it" is still soooooo slim (no offense to him or you, but you know what i mean). Its kind of sad to see all the kids that just grew up riding and doing that only, know nothing about having to work for anything in their life, and then are 25 w/ no job no career path little education...

nope i never made it pro, but im pretty sure my life will turn out alright and im still having fun riding in the process. ill take it!!

So anyways, good for you. In the long run that will pay off much more for him than riding every day probably would have.

Back