Road Bicycles?

And whats all this tire glue you guys are talking about? Between switching back and forth from moto to cycling in the same posts, I must admit I'm havin a hard time following some of the lingo.

Tire glue is for the inner tire right? I can't see why one would put glue on the outside, but seeing how skinny the tires are, it gets me thinking....

And Sidi shoes, same company as the moto boots?

Don't worry about tire glue, only us old timers even know what it is. In the old days the tubes were sewn into the tire casing then you glued it to the wheel. I'm quite certain no modern bikes come equipped with them, the liability would be way to high. If you didn't use enough or the wrong type of glue the tire "could" peel off of the wheel. All modern bicycles come with clincher wheels, same concept as your MX'er minus the rim locks. Tubulars (glue on tires) do offer lower rolling resistance and a better ride I.M.O. but most people don't wan't to deal with them today.
Yes Sidi the MX boot company also makes cycling shoes. You might want to try several brands to make sure you have a good fit.

Haha I used to have a set of sew ups long time ago and i'm only 24. Felts are a good bike, i'm very particular to brands and will only buy it if it says Trek or Cannondale on it. My suggestion is to go to a big shop and try it out. I was able to ride my Cannondale couple miles before I bought it. With Treks I know i'm buying the right bike so I don't even second guess my decision.

Clipless shoes are the way to go. Dont let them scare you, you will figure them out really quick.

My foot is feeling better. I think I could ride a bicycle. I been gimping around without the boot or crutches. Maybe I'll go try that felt out tomorrow.

I think I just got two wheel fever because I'm sitting in the house and staring outside. I gotta do something this sucks.

Clinches are so good now days, tubular are fading out but are still popular among the hard core.

Sadly the majority of bicycles are now made in Taiwan even Trek and Cannondale. Try to get the best bang for the buck in components, wheels and warranty .

I still race an 05 Cannondale 6/13 with campagnolo zonda wheels and I rides like a Cadillac.

I had a Cannondale R900 Couple years back full Campy and sold it. Kicking myself for doing that. I owned it and never rode it, now that its gone I want to ride.

Sadly your right about the Taiwan frames, some of the higher lever Trek carbon fiber is made in Wisconsin still. Madone 5.3 and up I do believe.

I believe that was true last year, I think this year, only the 6 series are. I'd have to ask the shop Monday to know for sure.

What is sad is companies like Specialized who I don't think ever made any frames at home even though they are an American co.

I was lead to believe my BMC was Swiss made, found out when it came it was Swiss engineered, made in the orient

Back