Good Suspension and or motor work

Just had a thought that perhaps you guys need something new to discuss. In another thread we were discussing suspension, motor work ect and it dawned on me how hard it is to find good people out there to do the work. So anyone have anything they want to post on here in regards to good places to have this work done. Kind of like ANGIES LIST.

I have already stated that we like Copper Smith for our suspension work. Motor work. Hard to find someone you can trust to do it right. We used to go to Eleven/10 mods but after we went through 3 motors on our 250F in a little over 5 hours (last motor had 1 hour of practice time on it) I swore I wouldn"t give them my lawn mower to work on. We love our motor guy now but I don't know if I should say who he is without asking him first because I don't think he's into bikes anymore.

Input. We need input here!!

Pro Circuit does decent work but the shipping and downtime can be a problem unless you have spare motors and suspension, which most local racers don't.

We always liked RG3 for suspension, but same issue with downtime. Locally MXTech was good and worked well with better riders who could articulate what they needed, liked and didn't like. I have always heard good things about Parma Dave too.

My best advise is to learn how to do it yourself if you can and have the desire to learn, some mechanical ability and are willing to invest in acquiring the tools. We even laced our own wheels.

This is what I did with Dan, though he used to get pissed that I would make him do so much of the work, but he learned everything very well including rebuilding 4 stroke motors. Suspension was probably the one area where he could learn more, as most people need to learn. Dan was lucky to learn a lot from Mike Wadja and "Dyno" Dan Hissam also. Dyno was Casey Johnson's wrench for the Outdoor Nationals about 03 or 04. I told him one day he would want to go racing and Dad would not be able to go, so he needed to learn for himself. It is a good lesson in life, self reliance.

My son Dan's current 4 stroke puts out about 1,900 hp and can be seen Saturday at Thompson Drag Raceway. And yes you can learn to work on 4 strokes!

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
You want a motor? Send it to Eric Gorr. Never had one but that's all these guys do around here on pitracer is rave up Eric Gorr and his 300cc 2 smoke kits. Yummy.

MX724

PR Addict
Parma Dave is hard to beat. With his tooling background He is more than just a mechanic. He can not only fix just about anything but explain why it happened in most cases. He takes a lot of pride in his work. Always a fair price and rarely is ever beat by anyone as far as turn around time goes. I'd rather take my bike there than anywhere for the above reasons. He's done my suspension multiple times and has always had it within a click or 2 . There is no replacement for experience and Dave has a lot of it.

SCHAFFERNOCKER

PR Addict
John Curea at ECS suspension hooked me up last year and I love the work he did. BTW, he has very very reasonable pricing. I have never had any motor work done, but I might dabble into that this winter. Putting on some extra weight, has me looking for more power!!! lol.

Because I'm not drag racing!

Georgie, come on, we both know that every holeshot is a drag race! Now, where to put the Nitros bottle! Maybe we can hide a small one behind the front number plate. Yeah, and if anyone asks questions we will call it part of the suspension. Yeah, that's it!

Too little time to catch and pass people in a local race...you have to pass them on the holeshot and in the first 2 or 3 turns!

Spagina

PR Elite
John Corea at East Coast Suspension in Enon Valley, PA does awesome work. His turn around is quick and his suspension is great. Me and my girlfriend both got our bikes done there this year and they both feel awesome. After she got hers done she wanted to fine tune some things and he worked with us on his cell during the weekend when we went riding with advice and tips on how to get it perfect.. More personal than most shops.

SCHAFFERNOCKER

PR Addict
John Corea at East Coast Suspension in Enon Valley, PA does awesome work. His turn around is quick and his suspension is great. Me and my girlfriend both got our bikes done there this year and they both feel awesome. After she got hers done she wanted to fine tune some things and he worked with us on his cell during the weekend when we went riding with advice and tips on how to get it perfect.. More personal than most shops.

For sure. Right after I got mine done, I wanted a little fine tuning as well. I stopped by his house at like 9:30 on a friday evening cause we were headed to pleasure valley and I needed a little more oil. He hooked me up right then and there and got me off to the track in minutes. He is a fantastic suspension guy, and an ever better person. All he wants is the rider to be happy and feel comfortable.

I will certainly make a list of some of these guys. It's good to work with someone somewhat local. I don't really care to ship things out then wait for weeks to get it back. That is why we started working with Copper Smith. Andre did our stuff the last time but I understand he isn't there anymore. We have worked with his Dad, Tom, in the past.

Larry has heard really good things about Mr.Gore and we thought of having him do our 2 stroke but we went back to an old friend. Larry wanted to leave it a stock bore.

#23_Racing

PR Addict
In years past we had Pro Action of Fl do susp. but we have never had a motor built by anyone but Scottie he has done 2 85 motors and he has completly rebuilt 2 250f motors but all stock we have never ran a mod motor. , he is also doing his own fork seals now and some of his friends are bring their bikes over for him to fix.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
bob @ fcr is great. He will do everything right in front of you at the shop. Give you a tour and show you the sweet parts machine he's got that makes his own components....and he encourages you to call him when you're riding and he will help you set it up right if it isn't already.

D

DTS

Bob Harrington at Pro-Action of Northern Ohio. He's located in Warren. I was more than satisfied with the work he did to my forks. I got them back the same day I brought them to his shop. Very personal as well, and has helped me over the phone with various suspension needs/questions.

I am happy to see I started a thread that has brought positive thoughts and attitudes.I may not agree with it all as I have bad experiences with some but it's good to see you all support some of the local business. With Ohio economy what it is we all need the help.
I don't know if the PA guy is who we have heard about but if it is then we have heard good things. We have some very good friends in PA and I consider that local business also.
Perhaps Pit Racer can start a permanant thread (like Angies List) whereby some of these thoughts can be out there on regular basis. A list of sorts so we all can look at it when we need work done. It would benefit rider and business alike.

Bob Harrington at Pro Action Suspension of Northern Ohio in Warren, OH is hands down the best guy for suspension work!! He has a great technique, easy to deal with, and is always there for any suspension questions. You can call him at 330-980-6891. I guarantee you won't be disappointed!
Kaylynn #55

D

DTS

Bob Harrington at Pro Action Suspension of Northern Ohio in Warren, OH is hands down the best guy for suspension work!! He has a great technique, easy to deal with, and is always there for any suspension questions. You can call him at 330-980-6891. I guarantee you won't be disappointed!
Kaylynn #55

Agreed 100%!