Battle For Ohio 2012

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Cant tell you the countless people I talk to: "ever been to that briarcliff place? Heard they're having one sick ass race next weekend. You going?"

Im like uhhhh duh. Callin off work for that one. Boing.

John250

PR Founding Father
I tried promoting it last week at dayton. Know a few that talked like they would be going. Be at marysville tomorrow with another stack of flyers to try and get these D 11 guys to attend. I know a few that won't because Dayton races and they want points. I am not a point guy. The guy that goes to the most races finishes at the top. Not the fastest riders.

nitrofish

PR Addict
I tried promoting it last week at dayton. Know a few that talked like they would be going. Be at marysville tomorrow with another stack of flyers to try and get these D 11 guys to attend. I know a few that won't because Dayton races and they want points. I am not a point guy. The guy that goes to the most races finishes at the top. Not the fastest riders.
Bingo! On the points thing.

+2 on points... CRA always had those people who seemed willing to race another 15-20 races than most people to win the year end awards. That's fine I guess, good for them and good for the promoters. But, I always thought just the riders top 20 or 25 finishes should count if you wanted a more realistic champion. Of course I think people know who the fast people are and are not in each class after watching a few races.

Perhaps that makes Series races better. Dan raced the Winter Series down here in the Carolinas and even though he missed the first two races he raced the rest and got 3rd in the Series in 450B. IIRC you needed to race 8 of 10 races to qualify for the awards.

nitrofish

PR Addict
Kill the points hijack, so who will be the fastest at the big race? I gotta be honest I watch practice every now and then but I don't really pay attention ta who's who! I am stoked to watch em battle it out.

Any Ohio or other riders that went to LL this year are likely going to be the fastest if they show up to race. Ohio had what, close to 40 at LL this year?

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Any Ohio or other riders that went to LL this year are likely going to be the fastest if they show up to race. Ohio had what, close to 40 at LL this year?
Yea I said in another post it's probably harder to finish too five in 12 motos in one day than to run top 20 the whole week at the ranch.

I saw that Georgie...

Which raises another question is it finish in the top 5 in 12 motos or finish in the top 5 in 6 classes?
Those are two different things... I understood it to be finish in the top 5 in 6 classes!

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I saw that Georgie...

Which raises another question is it finish in the top 5 in 12 motos or finish in the top 5 in 6 classes?
Those are two different things... I understood it to be finish in the top 5 in 6 classes!

Its top 5 overall in 6 classes. But Im losing interest in it fast....Still doesnt beat what Gonz did.

Woody

PR Addict
Kill the points hijack, so who will be the fastest at the big race? I gotta be honest I watch practice every now and then but I don't really pay attention ta who's who! I am stoked to watch em battle it out.

Heard that Brett Musick is gonna show up, that dude is fast!

Zman

PR Addict
Its battle week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got word from a good friend from PA. He and about 6-8 from their area, most were at Loretta's this year,will be heading over with their kids to run the 50cc and 65cc classes. Gonna be some fast little bike classes. Mitchy has ridden with a couple of them and they are on it! Should be good for him.

More of a Ohio and touching state battle...good stuff.

Plan on their train of RV's to roll in Friday night..we will be right behind in the ToyHauler!

baxterj787

PR Addict
)sobbing) I am out. I crunched my shoulder recently. X rays are good, just muscle / ligament damage. I need every appendage I have to hang on to the 500 too.

I was / am drooling just thinking about this event. John250 is about to have his hat blown off regarding track conditions.