Battle For Ohio 2012

John250

PR Founding Father
I did not know you were really going to have a north / south competition. I just figured battle of Ohio was a name.......My guess is, there will be a lot less from the south there, unless it is from SE ohio. Not sure how many SW Ohio guys will make the trek. I talked to a few that I thought would for sure go (because they compain about low turn outs, no full gates, and wanting to race people), but at the end of the day will go to DMC for the SW Ohio Series points (get them free goggles at the end of the season), and it is only 30 minutes from their house.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Isn't it North of I-70 for the North, South of I-70 is for the South........ easy line to decide what part of Ohio you're riding for, Stars and Bars or Yankees!

Woody

PR Addict
As of last night the place is looking amazing.

If you want the experiance of racing a national event at a fraction of the expense, this is your chance. Track, prep, ambiance, atmosphere, look, feel, however you want to describe it, it will all be there.

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father

If you want the experiance of racing a national event at a fraction of the expense, this is your chance. Track, prep, ambiance, atmosphere, look, feel, however you want to describe it, it will all be there.

thats what i keep telling people. it is going to be the closest "feel" to a national as many will probably ever get!! I raced the RM cup at kenworthys and that was pretty sweet. Next weekend I want to do the can-am race as it should have a similar feel to it. Haven't raced once this year other than the local fair, might as well go for the good ones!!!

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
I did not know you were really going to have a north / south competition. I just figured battle of Ohio was a name.......My guess is, there will be a lot less from the south there, unless it is from SE ohio. Not sure how many SW Ohio guys will make the trek. I talked to a few that I thought would for sure go (because they compain about low turn outs, no full gates, and wanting to race people), but at the end of the day will go to DMC for the SW Ohio Series points (get them free goggles at the end of the season), and it is only 30 minutes from their house.
Well now.......

Woody

PR Addict
For some reason I just assumed it was basically D11 vs ......uh.....everyone else...????

Like this? Exactly half of Ohio's 88 Counties

Map03.gif

John250

PR Founding Father
I 70 makes it much easier, but the north gets about 2/3 of the state if you use that as the divider. But for simplicity, I 70 is probably a better divider.

ohioactionphoto

PR Addict
Great. we can start a thread of nothing but briarcliff tramp stamps. who is the photographer from that area. we need to get him in on this

I'm not sure if you were referring to me (there are many photographers that go to BC), but I'll be there on Sunday for sure, trying to make it saturday as well... Should be a great weekend. I'm planning to shoot a ton of photos...

If anyone wants specific coverage here are my rates.

OAPBack.jpg

TCracing

PR Addict
Was probably going to the cliff just to watch the races "I Have no racer to sponsor" And haven't been for some time. Just got to thinking I would be more than happy to help in any manner, so if you need an old broken geezer. I'll do my best. I'll pm you. I can help with pretty much anything from track prep to flagging. IF not, I'll just eat noodles and complain about whatever I can find to complain about come Monday on PIT RACER.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father

Yea cuz next year the prices are getting tripled!!! Bahahahahahahahahahah. Sike. Whose running a qualifier next year for this one?
So pumped wish every weekend was this exciting with anticipation.

#23_Racing

PR Addict
I hope this race lives up to all the hype because it would be a great event for Ohio. We wont make it this year but would plan on it next time. But 1 question as read in another post. What does the Battle for Ohio stand for? North, South? Or Bikes and Quads? whos is battling? The answer to that might bring in more riders because next year.