Battle For Ohio 2012

Meister

PR Founding Father
Been too swamped to post yet today. Figures, the day my ass is whooped, we are slammed at work.. haha

We had a killer time this weekend. The only thing I could even mildly complain about was the dust in the pits. Track was a mans track all weekend. Despite my luck with my bike, I had a good time riding George's bike and the quad. Track was so good on a bike but I did get sketched out quite a few times a 3 doubles before the finish. Those ruts in the landing were sketchy for me. Ive also never ridden a quad on a rough track like that, let alone "bike" rough".. The kickers were all over and some one mentioned the kickers after the back double before that little single. I about wadded up bad on the quad in that section lol.. After that, I put it in play mode because I really couldnt hold on any longer. Ive never been this out of shape and I hope to be able to do something about it so I dont goon it up after a lap and a half. haha..

I felt good for the first lap of each of my motos but after that, I was all gooned out because I couldnt hold on. Ive got 4 blood blisters and 1 huge blister on my hands today lol.

Awesome event Jeremy and I look forward to attending again.

John250

PR Founding Father
Great event we had a blast I know everything that wasn't perfect will be better next year. And my fat butt will be in better riding shape next year. Some sandbagging in those sport classes I guess I'd rather get smoked in my right class then not jump jumps that I did in practice and get top five in a sport class. Thanks to everyone that worked there ass off putting on this event.

Stumpy, I got talked into sandbagging after practice by a couple D 11 guys.........I promise to not sandbag next year! In my defense, I only got two laps of practice (not even three). At least on lap two I got behind another guy and just matched his speed and was able to jump everything on lap two.

Ok so I rarely get on here and post anything... But here goes... pay up... Brian Finckel needs it.lol.. I miss my family time with him while he's busy on the track..his meals most of the time are cold(even though I try my hardest to keep it warm for him) when he gets back to me... LOl... He's probably gonna kick my butt for posting this but whats new...lol... Riders that are there on a reg. basis knows me... also knows i'm out on the track trying to get pics of you guys... Riders Thank you for showing up and not being chumps about it... Yea the big track can kick the crap out of the best at times... But welcome to motocross... Jeremy, thanks for keeping the cool when I know you wanted to explode on a few issues... like the mic getting lost... But you guys on the BC Crew stuck together and pulled it off... All the reports I'm getting from others is nothing but great reports... They can't wait for next year... I have lots of photos that will keep me busy for awhile... :) Can't wait till next year maybe little man would have conquered the clutch on his 65 KTM and be partaking in the race so I'll have 2 special men in my life racing.... He loved the pitbike race with fast jack... He says mom I know he will get first but I'm ok with that cause this is my first ever race situation and i have no clue what i'm doing... I just want to get the feel of it and have fun... So thank you for allowing the little ones to partake in the pitbike races... BTW He had a blast.... and he's proud of his 2nd place... :)

nitrofish

PR Addict
Ok so I rarely get on here and post anything... But here goes... pay up... Brian Finckel needs it.lol.. I miss my family time with him while he's busy on the track..his meals most of the time are cold(even though I try my hardest to keep it warm for him) when he gets back to me... LOl... He's probably gonna kick my butt for posting this but whats new...lol... Riders that are there on a reg. basis knows me... also knows i'm out on the track trying to get pics of you guys... Riders Thank you for showing up and not being chumps about it... Yea the big track can kick the crap out of the best at times... But welcome to motocross... Jeremy, thanks for keeping the cool when I know you wanted to explode on a few issues... like the mic getting lost... But you guys on the BC Crew stuck together and pulled it off... All the reports I'm getting from others is nothing but great reports... They can't wait for next year... I have lots of photos that will keep me busy for awhile... :) Can't wait till next year maybe little man would have conquered the clutch on his 65 KTM and be partaking in the race so I'll have 2 special men in my life racing.... He loved the pitbike race with fast jack... He says mom I know he will get first but I'm ok with that cause this is my first ever race situation and i have no clue what i'm doing... I just want to get the feel of it and have fun... So thank you for allowing the little ones to partake in the pitbike races... BTW He had a blast.... and he's proud of his 2nd place... :)
Your boy cracks me up, ( forgive me, I forget his name) we hung out a bit when Jack wasn't there. He is a good kid, Jack loves riding and playing with him. See ya soon!

mooch

PR Elite
Stumpy, I got talked into sandbagging after practice by a couple D 11 guys.........I promise to not sandbag next year! In my defense, I only got two laps of practice (not even three). At least on lap two I got behind another guy and just matched his speed and was able to jump everything on lap two.

John250, when you mention that you were talked into sandbagging the sport class...what place did you end up getting in the sport classes?

Your boy cracks me up, ( forgive me, I forget his name) we hung out a bit when Jack wasn't there. He is a good kid, Jack loves riding and playing with him. See ya soon!

Little man's name is Maciah (MAC) And the same goes for little man about Fast Jack... He looks for your boy all the time... BC is the cause of building beautiful motocross friendships that's for sure...

HUD22

PR Member
I'm glad you commented on that big double down in the bottom, I believe them breaking bumps had to be a foot deep before cresting that mound before the corner.

On the other big bottom double (in front of the BC Stampede climbing wall), in the 40+ Sport class motos there were some doubling and some not, well in moto 2 I collided with another vet rider who didn't double, just as he was turning for his line into the corner.

Landing from that jump rung out in 4th gear, then hitting breaking bumps, I just couldn't get stopped fast enough. Whoever you were I do apollogise, didn't mean to hit you and beings it was a sport class, was entirely my fault. On a positive note, I hollered ("Sorry") and the collision helped me get around the corner better, but then I took a machine gun spray of roosting from a passing rider that I couldn't get out from behind.

I called after my 3rd moto as well. Contact lens's clouding up and couldn't see well, and starting to ride sloppy.

As I pulled in yesterday morning I spotted a racer in a sleeping bag in the bed of his truck, in the elements and the wide open sky. Me thought, "Now that's a Die-hard motocross racer"!

Had a blast, and glad we did it.

That was me that you ran into but i think i roosted you back down the strait only to be jumped over on the next double. Started 2nd got jumped over every time in the 2 doubles to finish 10th. I needed another day to work on those doubles. Flat on moto 2.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Nice to hang out with ya Hud22.
Glad that tire didn't come off on a high speed section..
You ride a good pace, you got the speed for those two jumps...easy!!
Next time....

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
IMG_3928.jpgIMG_3909.jpg

mooch

PR Elite
It's truly mind boggling to think of everything Jeremy and his crew had to do to be ready for a mega-race like THAT! Huge props for an awesome job of putting all the pieces together so well!

Me...I need a freakin checklist when I leave the house just to make sure I don't forget basic stuff like my wallet and phone.

Double D

PR Founding Father
That was me that you ran into but i think i roosted you back down the strait only to be jumped over on the next double. Started 2nd got jumped over every time in the 2 doubles to finish 10th. I needed another day to work on those doubles. Flat on moto 2.

I think that tire was allowing the tube to get pinched in the tire. Throw that tire away. HA HA

I dropped both my VET classes when the official word was stagger start between VET class and VET Sport. I did not want to jump on anyone nor be jumped on.
the whole purpose of the Sport class was to give those riders a chance to ride without fear of another class blitzing up on them.

I can hold a line in the A B class safely and run a good pace, but i am not going to navigate through that mix.
I may make a decision based on the sport guy in front of me that I have been trying to get around while I take a stupid line and get hit from behind.

Other Vet riders said they came because of the Sport class, some rode, some bailed out.

Not only did I not feel comfortable with it, but some of the VET A B guys were nervous getting by the sport class
with "A" guys behind them.

This BC race is at a whole new level of rider talent and promotion.
You may have to keep changing the rules a little to match the game. ( anyone check out the 25,000 views of this post?)

Great event, I will be there next year and race no mater what. I was definently under the weather Sunday.

I will also have the 150 with me for the pitbike race.
and Camron....its on! HA HA.

trent56mx

PR Addict
Great event sir. I'm already looking forward to next year. Sucks being busted up and not riding, but was a fun time anyhow. Seemed like I could't walk more than 100 feet without running into someone I know. 2 buddies I came with just pretty much gave up on waiting for me and would just meet up where we were heading to. Believe something along the lines of "we'll be over there when you make it through the family reunion" was muttered. Yup, that's about right haha.

Bee Racing

PR Member
Stop! don't tear nothing down, lets do it again in one week lol. Hat's off to you guys Great Event, Yes we will be back !

Chilli Town MX

PR Addict
Congrats to Jeremy and his crew for a successful race weekend. I can speak from experience that what he pulled off was not easy. My boy and I came up for the weekend to represent D11 in the 65 and 85Jr classes.
<O:p</O:p

I’m not going to lie I was being a little critical of things yesterday after several hiccups we experienced throughout the day. We had signed up early and my rider wasn’t on the rider list in staging and we ended up being a write in and got last gate pick in the 65 class. Then after the 85Jr moto the scoring was not even close to being right. So as you can imagine when the day started running long I felt like I had had enough.

Once I got home and had time to think about how the day went I realized that I was being too hard on the Briarcliff gang and that the heat had made me a little grumpy. I thought back to our first race at Chillitown last year and remembered all the little things that popped up and all the things that we underestimated and overlooked. I know this wasn’t Jeremy’s first swing at running a race but 4 years out of the game is a long time.

Long story short, there were a lot of hiccups throughout the day but as far as I know they were all addressed and corrected and overall I thought it was a success and a race to be remembered.

The track was absolutely perfect, the staff was courtesy, the awards were some of the coolest I’ve seen, more free swag than you can handle, and some of the best track food I’ve ever had!

From one promoter to another my hat is off to you for a job well done. And I know you will correct all the little things and knock it out of the park your next time out. I look forward to your next event and wish you nothing but luck in the future.

dozer

PR Addict
Well for all the hype it's a shame all the fast guys went to pleasure valley, no offense to Gibbs and browning, but look at the speed that was at pleasure valley, this looked to be more like a vet gathering!

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Well for all the hype it's a shame all the fast guys went to pleasure valley, no offense to Gibbs and browning, but look at the speed that was at pleasure valley, this looked to be more like a vet gathering!

We will fill the pro gate in 2013. Working on sponsorship now.

MX955

PitRacer Pro
I will also have the 150 with me for the pitbike race.
and Camron....its on! HA HA.

Bring it! After I beat your 150 I will beat you with my Cub AGAIN!!!lol

GREAT event Briar Cliff crew! I was amazed with the guy that was in staging & dropping the gate for every moto ALL day long by himself...I like the idea of the Friday practice and racing Saturday & Sunday...

The start of the +40 pitbike race

IMG_9558.jpg

#65 bike ran good & I thought I was on my Wifes BBR cheater bike!

IMG_9560.jpg

+30 pitbike racing on the Honda Cubs (Double D leading)

IMG_9574.jpg

finish line....where did Double D go!

IMG_9590.jpg

Pitracer,Tony,Mooch & DD

IMG_9562.jpg

Staging Area

IMG_9599.jpg

Sharc & Davey battle

IMG_9615.jpg

Roachy & Schaffer

IMG_9613.jpg

Pit on the pig

IMG_9627.jpg

Start of +40 moto 2, Z-man & Sharc out front....Hershey buried in the back again!

IMG_9646.jpg

Halfpint & Day 181 do battle

IMG_9654.jpg

Sharc & Team Craig

IMG_9656.jpg

Great day of racing

IMG_9667.jpg

Here is a link to the rest of the photos we took:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v139/MX955/Briar Cliff MX race 2012/